The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I almost gave up (AGAIN)

Anything related to matters of the mind

bearsgrateful

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 11, 2021
It's crazy how you hit the space of void and fear at the same time. Here I was working on my umptenth business and started to doubt myself which has actually been a rare occurrence in my entrepreneurial journey. In my past ventures it never even crossed my mind that they wouldn't work so I just powered through like it was nothing. Luckily for me, I have always had the mentality and just started flipping stuff if I ended up against a wall pre-launch. I would put hours upon hours with a laser type focus once I came up with an idea and run with it. What's different now? Maybe, it's because the last one was a colossal failure compared to the others? Maybe, it's because I am older now and feel that I have more to lose? I am not exactly sure but something changed this morning that put breath back into my lungs.

I was reading Unscripted this morning and came across more gold: Over the last couple days I had moments of uncertainty because while searching for content and improving my skillsets I had the realization that I was in a "Crowded Room". Before I hit the chapter this morning my brain started playing tricks on me and my inner voice started to fill my head with doubt. Could all these hours that I had already put into this thing be another huge waste of time? The good thing is the market definitely isn't saturated and I have a different perspective. But, I couldn't imagine how many people would hit the wall here.

Then the magic words: "you must skew value attributes" (light bulb ON). Then my competitive nature locks in and after looking around I know for a fact that I can bring more value and serve people better. I just have to remember that there is nothing on the other side of fear but growth.

Thank you again MJ and the Fastlane!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007