The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I’m 18 years old and I am homeless

Aurelius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 1, 2019
As the title says, here I am, in a coffee shop, thinking about ways on how should I get out of this.

I got kicked out. It was my fault. I told my mother that I want to be an entrepreneur blabla, I want to stop studying after high school in order to go with 2 other friends working in Estonia on our project.

I always reclaimed independence, and here it is, freedom.

I try my best to find a place to live (I can t crash to my friends house for too long) and a job. But I haven t graduated high school so I think it s going to be pretty hard.

Any advices? Any fast lane advices?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum Aurelius. I agree with @GoodluckChuck - make amends with mom, BUT be honest with her and yourself. This is a journey and "get rich quick" is a lie. You can get rich but you need to learn some things, find needs to fill, develop something you can offer the world. When you move back in with mom, pay rent. That discipline alone will help you get your head thinking in the right direction.

We learn by observing. That will not happen in your mom's basement or friend's spare room. You need to get out and observe...learn. Take a job. If you don't like it, find another. Eventually you'll find an area that appeals to you. Then you can figure out how to make it your own.

This isn't the only path but it is one that works.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
As the title says, here I am, in a coffee shop, thinking about ways on how should I get out of this.

I got kicked out. It was my fault. I told my mother that I want to be an entrepreneur blabla, I want to stop studying after high school in order to go with 2 other friends working in Estonia on our project.

I try my best to find a place to live (I can t crash to my friends house for too long) and a job. But I haven t graduated high school so I think it s going to be pretty hard.

Breathe, look around you at the reality to be in your own life. Forget your awesome ego and your future, for this hour.
You need a plan for success. It will evolve day by day.
But you need to survive too. If it's too difficult you will deplete your energy with distraction. This is a bad move.
It's really, really hard to focus on work, make connections, and feel good when you smell bad. look greasy, and feel hungry.
So be practical. Do not act on high feelings and high hopes. Joy and anger are important but it's stupid to make any decisions based on moods and strong feelings.
The drive to success is deep and steady. Find that feeling instead of strong emotions. That is your rudder, pal.
Hope and fairy story wishes will not bring you success.
Avoiding pain is the real ingredient that drives you to success. Go back to the pain and make a better plan.

So what about your mother? Is she crazy and too angry to be around?
If so, please find another family relative to stay with for a few days.
You will benefit by family support.
Even on the level of cell biology it's better to be around the imperfect family relative. Even the mitochondria benefit by being around your kin, your relatives. The exposure will always strengthen your body, even when the onions burn on the stove.
Even if your don't get along with the family, you'll be physically stronger.

If Momma is not crazy, make peace and go home. Pay rent.
I know it sounds terrible to do it right now, but in the long run everyone you know will do better.
If you think first and make a better move in a little while, your mother will not be so sick and miserable when she is an old woman.
You will have more energy and focus by not worrying about where to sleep.
But moving out of the house to be homeless is very stupid.

Learn to fix the problem at home. Be honest and encourage her be honest. She's full of fear, your mother. Remind her that you're different. Let her explain you how you are the same.

You might have to learn to negotiate with someone you really don't like.
Like your mother.

Guess what, friend. That's a really great skill to develop.
Not many young people have it.
That will put make you wiser than your years.

Are you in Tallin?

Last edited:

Aurelius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 1, 2019
Breathe, look around you at the reality to be in your own life. Forget your awesome ego and your future, for this hour.
You need a plan for success. It will evolve day by day.
But you need to survive too. If it's too difficult you will deplete your energy with distraction. This is a bad move.
It's really, really hard to focus on work, make connections, and feel good when you smell bad. look greasy, and feel hungry.
So be practical. Do not act on high feelings and high hopes. Joy and anger are important but it's stupid to make any decisions based on moods and strong feelings.
The drive to success is deep and steady. Find that feeling instead of strong emotions. That is your rudder, pal.
Hope and fairy story wishes will not bring you success.
Avoiding pain is the real ingredient that drives you to success. Go back to the pain and make a better plan.

So what about your mother? Is she crazy and too angry to be around?
If so, please find another family relative to stay with for a few days.
You will benefit by family support.
Even on the level of cell biology it's better to be around the imperfect family relative. Even the mitochondria benefit by being around your kin, your relatives. The exposure will always strengthen your body, even when the onions burn on the stove.
Even if your don't get along with the family, you'll be physically stronger.

If Momma is not crazy, make peace and go home. Pay rent.
I know it sounds terrible to do it right now, but in the long run everyone you know will do better.
If you think first and make a better move in a little while, your mother will not be so sick and miserable when she is an old woman.
You will have more energy and focus by not worrying about where to sleep.
But moving out of the house to be homeless is very stupid.

Learn to fix the problem at home. Be honest and encourage her be honest. She's full of fear, your mother. Remind her that you're different. Let her explain you how you are the same.

You might have to learn to negotiate with someone you really don't like.
Like your mother.

Guess what, friend. That's a really great skill to develop.
Not many young people have it.
That will put make you wiser than your years.

Are you in Tallin? I like Estonia and all things Estonian.

Hi, thank you for your answer, I really appreciate it.
To be honest, I looking forward the pain, because I believe in the “pain builds character” thing. And no, Momma is not crazy, not at all. She’s a very smart woman that abandoned everything in our country just to come here, in France. And she s seeing that I want to abandon everything just to pursue a “hobby”, that s how she calls it. I don’t blame her, it s completely understandable, and she’s somehow right.

The Estonia thing, is that a friend of mine discovered that Estonia is becoming a tax paradise that it s in developpement. Perfect for young entrepreneurs. Here in France, massive taxes are taken upon your earnings.

I take this homeless thing as an experience, a nice thing to laugh about when I m older.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Being a young full of spit and vinegar man in my youth, as well as raising three men that went through the same phase, I know how male hormones work, from the inside out. They're powerful, and that is a good thing that will serve you well throughout life. And they're powerful, which means your pride will get in the way of your common sense, and your ego will tell you how much greater and smarter you are - which, too often is a lie. But that's something you will have to discover and deal with as time goes by.

Since you said your Mom gave up everything and started over, I am going to lean towards the assumption that you are somewhat cocky and full of yourself. It's a common thing, as I said.

As a parent, I will tell you that it gets old fast. Grow up - start showing some appreciation and respect. Your Mom has been through a lot and knows a lot more than you. Oh yes, she does.

Now that you've had a taste of life and found out you're not quite the superhero you thought you were, make amends. A good way to start would be - "I'm sorry." Then explain why. I'm sure your Mom wants you to grow up to be strong and successful - and throwing you out was probably something you asked for in a roundabout way, so she finally had enough and did it.

Maybe I'm totally wrong. I doubt it. I could be partially wrong - but does that matter? Making mistakes is not keeping a scorecard of who is right, and what percentage of being right they are. Making mistakes is about LEARNING from them, fixing or adjusting to them, and moving on from a better perspective while being smart enough to not make those mistakes again. Then the whole process starts all over with new mistakes. That's the way life works.

I still have one son that hasn't figured that out yet, and bounces around in his little world, getting hurt and going nowhere. He thinks he's winning, but he's only wasting time and energy. He doesn't want any advice, but he will sure take a handout. Good luck with that. I've got a brother that's the same way. Sometimes men never grow out of it. Yeah, I know a LOT about how young men think and act.

At least you said that you accept part of the responsibility for what happened. That's a start. You can do immensely better. Don't try to fool your Mom and don't think for a moment that she's stupid - she's been your age, but you have never been hers. There is a lot to be said for experience. She's moved out on her own - had serious relationships - learned how the system works - raised you - and started over when she moved. Just for that alone, she deserves immense respect!

You'll get through this one way or another. The question is how much you will learn from it (which will improve you) and how long it takes, and that is totally up to you.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado

What a pile of shit.

Get the balls to face his parents? Take a stand? Here's news you can use idiot - as a parent, there is no my side versus my son's side. I am my son's biggest fan and his coach. I want the best for him in whatever he does. But I'm not his best friend. I'm not going to lie to him to make him feel better. I'm going to be as honest AND helpful as I can be. That's my job - I'm a DAD.

Sometimes that means standing up and being a man. If I can't tell my own son that, then I'm not much of a man myself. I should not only be a coach but a mentor and a role model.

This dumb a$$ tells this lost boy that he's "in his corner." Pfffffffffffffff. If he had HALF a brain, he would know there is no corner - no winner or loser - no battle to fight. There are CHALLENGES to face and overcome. Like a MAN! That might mean it will take some work, and it might not be pleasant. Well, scuz me - that's why they call you a MAN. Your childhood is over. I'd like to punch this loser in the face for misleading this poor caller. He is being an ENABLER and hurting him a lot more than helping him. How the F*ck does an idiot like this get a radio show in the first place?

The caller says he's a senior in college. He sounds like a 16-year-old intellectually, (um, well, yeah, like... did he really take college courses? SPEAK!) and he talks like a 14-year-old that did something bad and is scared of what will happen when his dad finds out. OH NO! Give me a flippin break. Man up already.

Both of them need a brain and need to grow the hell up. I can understand the caller being confused because of his position in life, but the idiot giving advice is a loser of the highest magnitude. Looking at HIM, makes me wonder how I learned so much in life. At one time, I was the confused young man - as we all were. But most of us - unlike the idiot giving advice - gained experience and wisdom somehow along the way.

I put these comments here for the many young men that will see that video and actually think it's good advice. It isn't. As anyone can clearly see, they're both in the same mindset, which is kind of pitiful for the older dude. When his ship came in, he was at the airport. And now he does a shit radio show because that's all he's good for.

Don't be him.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Dude, reconcile with your mom and move back home.

If you want to move out then you should save up and do it when your ready, don't voluntarily become homeless if you can help it. Live under your moms rules and get a real job. Then save and build your business on the side.
Being homeless f*ing sucks, if you can avoid it then do so.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Wow you sure sound chill to be in that predicament my friend.
Been there done that.

I was only one that left the nest in my family so to speak. But for me I could not wait and never looked back. But there was grand ma back then that had my back haha. God Bless her soul.

No internet back then like today so you do have options but you have to get in extreme hustle mode.

That always begins with waking up wondering how you can assist others to achieve their goals and reward comes along for the ride.

But everyone is right you have to have a base of operations to put it in a cool way. :)

Let's keep it real... not in hustle mode, not stable roof over head, not finished school you are in the Devils Playground area and he will find ways to give you something to do that come with dire consequences.

Reboot.

Roof over head. Hustle to help others in some way that would also help your bank account. If you under moms roof then moms plan comes with that package.

You can always create another thread on how to make bank while you are living with mom and finishing school even though you hate it. :)

Last edited:

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
. At one time, I was the confused young man - as we all were. But most of us - unlike the idiot giving advice - gained experience and wisdom somehow along the way.

I put these comments here for the many young men that will see that video and actually think it's good advice. It isn't. As anyone can clearly see, they're both in the same mindset, which is kind of pitiful for the older dude. When his ship came in, he was at the airport. And now he does a shit radio show because that's all he's good for.

I think most here will value his opinion and insights more than yours but I could be wrong, highly doubt it though. Just because you don’t know who he is doesn’t mean the vast majority here don’t.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Apologize to your mom. Ask her nicely to take you back. Finish your high school. You're 18. No one has to take care of you anymore, so you must convenience them that you are worth the trouble and money they are investing in you. You have a lifetime to go out and be an entrepreneur. You can start now by doing side-jobs for people around you. You can earn and save money toward your goal to go in business for yourself. You can also start paying for your keep right now. That will impress your mom and teach you a lot of things that you need to learn.

What do I know about your situation? By the time I was your age, I was going to high school in the mornings, working in the afternoon & the weekends, and going taking college courses at night. Dad kicked me out 2 days before I turned 18 in the middle of my Senior year of high school. That was almost 48 years ago. And yes, I made it work. I was a good kid -- honor roll, etc.. There were no food banks... no handout from the government... no shelters where I could go. I was a young girl who was just thrown out there in that big, bad world. Yes, there were times that I went hungry. But, I'm still here. I've gotten a good education (4 college degrees including my Juris Doctorate) and I've been a self -employed entrepreneur for 43 years.

Any questions? I will warn you in advance. You might not like my answers. But, I can tell you that you can do it too if you have grit in your belly and you're willing to work that hard.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I think most here will value his opinion and insights more than yours but I could be wrong, highly doubt it though. Just because you don’t know who he is doesn’t mean the vast majority here don’t.

Oh I know. I know more than you can imagine. Here's something you should memorize, after you contemplate the meaning of it. It will serve you well. "You don't know what you don't know."

Youth have always thought they know more than they do, and a lot of them won't take in and analyze things - so they learn the hard way. Some never quite figure things out all the way.

If you (or anyone else that thinks this idiot knows anything of value), had a good Dad, you wouldn't need to listen to any blathering idiot that came along. Too bad for you, and so many others.

Just because you don't know good advice from the bad - doesn't change one single thing. Except it will delay you from being able to think critically and mature. That's how it goes, which is nothing new. Welcome to life. Rule number one - avoid the idiots that have nothing helpful to offer. Rule number two - know who your true friends are and who is on your side. Rule number three - open your mind and learn to think about what you allow in.

And, the final option; If all else fails, go ahead and do it your way. Move out on your own - show your Mom you're tough and can handle it. Suffer for a while. Show em all. If you're young, you can afford to piss away 7 or 8 years before you look around and wonder how you fell so far behind. Some get so far behind they never catch up. Some work their asses off for years to pay for their ignorant and stubborn ways. It plays out over and over again; nothing new under the sun. Some zoom ahead through a lot of learning and leaning on those smarter than them, and maybe some luck. Then again, some say there is no such thing as luck - success happens when opportunity meets preparedness. It can't not happen, in fact. Some live by the mantra that they make their OWN luck. And they sure don't do it by being arrogant, ignorant, stubborn, or uncooperative. They sure don't do it by being in "their corner" and fighting - as this loon leads this guy on about. Get a book to learn more. Learn SOMETHING. The way some college seniors talk is damn embarrassing. Sure, he's been to lots of classes, read lots of books, and taken lots of tests. I guess that's why they have interviews. He doesn't come across as being educated. Maybe he's good in math. Confident, mature, and enabled he is not. Not everyone is - and that's fine. Not everyone recognizes crap when they hear it - and that's NOT fine. Luckily, you have people here that post intelligent things. Not to boast, not to make you feel bad, and God knows I have better things to do... but to wake a few people UP.

So many young people talk about how bad things are. @WJK above has FOUR degrees and a Juris Doctorate and writes like she's intelligent. That's because she is! You should have a ROLE MODEL like her. Heard anything so far that you might learn something from?

That's about it. You do those few things well, and you will fast track everyone else at your stage of your life. Unfortunately, so few do.

Last edited:

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
Are you a Marcus Aurelius fan? Did you read meditations?

@Aurelius if I can give you one piece of advice for stability in life, it is "Always try to find the middle way". Being at any extreme will produce unpredictable results. It's useful in certain situations but not this one.

The middle path with your mom is calling her and saying Sorry. Don't move back with her yet if you are not ready but don't burn the bridge either. Just call her and say sorry. Try out what you want and if it doesn't work you will be in a much better place with your Mom then if yiu don't communicate. Let us know what happened.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Apologize to your mom. Ask her nicely to take you back. Finish your high school. You're 18. No one has to take care of you anymore, so you must convenience them that you are worth the trouble and money they are investing in you. You have a lifetime to go out and be an entrepreneur. You can start now by doing side-jobs for people around you. You can earn and save money toward your goal to go in business for yourself. You can also start paying for your keep right now. That will impress your mom and teach you a lot of things that you need to learn.

What do I know about your situation? By the time I was your age, I was going to high school in the mornings, working in the afternoon & the weekends, and going taking college courses at night. Dad kicked me out 2 days before I turned 18 in the middle of my Senior year of high school. That was almost 48 years ago. And yes, I made it work. I was a good kid -- honor roll, etc.. There were no food banks... no handout from the government... no shelters where I could go. I was a young girl who was just thrown out there in that big, bad world. Yes, there were times that I went hungry. But, I'm still here. I've gotten a good education (4 college degrees including my Juris Doctorate) and I've been a self -employed entrepreneur for 43 years.

Any questions? I will warn you in advance. You might not like my answers. But, I can tell you that you can do it too if you have grit in your belly and you're willing to work that hard.

When a "like" just isn't enough...

achievment meme.JPG

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
What a pile of shit.

Get the balls to face his parents? Take a stand? Here's news you can use idiot - as a parent, there is no my side versus my son's side. I am my son's biggest fan and his coach. I want the best for him in whatever he does. But I'm not his best friend. I'm not going to lie to him to make him feel better. I'm going to be as honest AND helpful as I can be. That's my job - I'm a DAD.

Sometimes that means standing up and being a man. If I can't tell my own son that, then I'm not much of a man myself. I should not only be a coach but a mentor and a role model.

This dumb a$$ tells this lost boy that he's "in his corner." Pfffffffffffffff. If he had HALF a brain, he would know there is no corner - no winner or loser - no battle to fight. There are CHALLENGES to face and overcome. Like a MAN! That might mean it will take some work, and it might not be pleasant. Well, scuz me - that's why they call you a MAN. Your childhood is over. I'd like to punch this loser in the face for misleading this poor caller. He is being an ENABLER and hurting him a lot more than helping him. How the F*ck does an idiot like this get a radio show in the first place?

The caller says he's a senior in college. He sounds like a 16-year-old intellectually, (um, well, yeah, like... did he really take college courses? SPEAK!) and he talks like a 14-year-old that did something bad and is scared of what will happen when his dad finds out. OH NO! Give me a flippin break. Man up already.

Both of them need a brain and need to grow the hell up. I can understand the caller being confused because of his position in life, but the idiot giving advice is a loser of the highest magnitude. Looking at HIM, makes me wonder how I learned so much in life. At one time, I was the confused young man - as we all were. But most of us - unlike the idiot giving advice - gained experience and wisdom somehow along the way.

Don't be him.
It's Gary Vee, and he clearly was having a bad day. Before the ape-sh*t protests begin here, look, it is statistically impossible for anyone to be 100% on his game at all times.
This was a bad call for Gary Vee. He was a closed listener, realized it too late when he wondered why College Senior sounded slack and confused rather than fired up. Gary Vee never heard his story and pegholed him. He violated one of his first rules. Ask questions. The answers you seek need to be backed by sufficient evidence.
Vee forgot that sometimes depending on what you major in, it's the stupidest thing in the world is to cut all those professional ties with mentors/industrial contacts and also lose your cohort, your lifelong peer group. Never trade that for some vague, "passionate," alcohol-fueled egotistical confusion.
He's no fool. But he didn't listen to this young man. Not the best moment for either man.

Last edited:

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Your comment sir sounds sheeplike.
Gary Vee really blew it in that call. He didn't follow his own rule, which is to listen and evaluate. He pegholed the guy after six words and got it wrong.
Because it's statistically impossible for any idol to be right all of the time, you'd be better off listening to @Real Deal Denver 's dismissal and open your ears.
Vee cut the guy off and projected a narrative that didn't fit the situation.
He tuned in to the hesitant, slack monotone reply and his own error too late.

The fact that Vee has numerous fans on the forum and great success, while @Real Deal Denver is an outlier as far as you can tell, doesn't justify blind idolatry of Gary Vee and categorical dismissal of his critics. That's the Sheep Factor at work. Not good to follow it bro.

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Oh I know. I know more than you can imagine. Here's something you should memorize, after you contemplate the meaning of it. It will serve you well. "You don't know what you don't know."

Youth have always thought they know more than they do, and a lot of them won't take in and analyze things - so they learn the hard way. Some never quite figure things out all the way.

If you (or anyone else that thinks this idiot knows anything of value), had a good Dad, you wouldn't need to listen to any blathering idiot that came along. Too bad for you, and so many others.

Just because you don't know good advice from the bad - doesn't change one single thing. Except it will delay you from being able to think critically and mature. That's how it goes, which is nothing new. Welcome to life. Rule number one - avoid the idiots that have nothing helpful to offer. Rule number two - know who your true friends are and who is on your side. Rule number three - open your mind and learn to think about what you allow in.

And, the final option; If all else fails, go ahead and do it your way. Move out on your own - show your Mom you're tough and can handle it. Suffer for a while. Show em all. If you're young, you can afford to piss away 7 or 8 years before you look around and wonder how you fell so far behind. Some get so far behind they never catch up. Some work their asses off for years to pay for their ignorant and stubborn ways. It plays out over and over again; nothing new under the sun. Some zoom ahead through a lot of learning and leaning on those smarter than them, and maybe some luck. Then again, some say there is no such thing as luck - success happens when opportunity meets preparedness. It can't not happen, in fact. Some live by the mantra that they make their OWN luck. And they sure don't do it by being arrogant, ignorant, stubborn, or uncooperative. They sure don't do it by being in "their corner" and fighting - as this loon leads this guy on about. Get a book to learn more. Learn SOMETHING. The way some college seniors talk is damn embarrassing. Sure, he's been to lots of classes, read lots of books, and taken lots of tests. I guess that's why they have interviews. He doesn't come across as being educated. Maybe he's good in math. Confident, mature, and enabled he is not. Not everyone is - and that's fine. Not everyone recognizes crap when they hear it - and that's NOT fine. Luckily, you have people here that post intelligent things. Not to boast, not to make you feel bad, and God knows I have better things to do... but to wake a few people UP.

So many young people talk about how bad things are. @WJK above has FOUR degrees and a Juris Doctorate and writes like she's intelligent. That's because she is! You should have a ROLE MODEL like her. Heard anything so far that you might learn something from?

That's about it. You do those few things well, and you will fast track everyone else at your stage of your life. Unfortunately, so few do.
Thanks, Real Deal Denver! Glad to be on the same train with you... I've worked hard while a bunch of the other people around me was partying. Then, when they finally noticed my success, they told me that I just lucky. Oh well. I"m into that kind of luck!

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
what is "your project" and what do your friends do? is it even possible that you work on that project or is that a pipe dream?

do you have any skills or any income? estonia isnt a fancy entrepreneur paradise... but it is affordable and it is reachable from france...

if you have some income you could move to a cheap area.. estonia..bulgaria..portugal..thailand..blabla... and work in your projects.

did you finish your school and dont want to go to univesity? or didnt you finish school?

if you didnt finish school .. swallow your pride and finish school.
if you did finisch school and have some money/income ... go to work
if you did finisch school and dont have income... go to work .. then go to work ;)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Imagine you're 70 years old, talking to your grandchildren about your past.

"I got kicked out, made my own way, and grew a business. I was a real man".

or

"I said sorry to my mommy and she took me back in. I became an accountant and I wish I didn't live life like a pussy. Now I'm too old".

Have some balls and find a place to sleep tonight. Hope it isn't too cold under the overpass. Let it be ingrained into your brain just how far you're willing to go to make it happen for yourself.

Time to go make some money. Remind yourself for the rest of your life to be as motivated as you'll be tomorrow morning.

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
Hi, thank you for your answer, I really appreciate it.
To be honest, I looking forward the pain, because I believe in the “pain builds character” thing. And no, Momma is not crazy, not at all. She’s a very smart woman that abandoned everything in our country just to come here, in France. And she s seeing that I want to abandon everything just to pursue a “hobby”, that s how she calls it. I don’t blame her, it s completely understandable, and she’s somehow right.

The Estonia thing, is that a friend of mine discovered that Estonia is becoming a tax paradise that it s in developpement. Perfect for young entrepreneurs. Here in France, massive taxes are taken upon your earnings.

I take this homeless thing as an experience, a nice thing to laugh about when I m older.
I was just in France in April and I thought they have an amazing free (I think) college system. Meaning you can pursue school...maybe meet the right connections at school....I know you finished High School...I am just saying :)

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I still have one son that hasn't figured that out yet, and bounces around in his little world, getting hurt and going nowhere. He thinks he's winning, but he's only wasting time and energy. He doesn't want any advice, but he will sure take a handout. Good luck with that. I've got a brother that's the same way. Sometimes men never grow out of it.

For all you he-man rugged macho types out there - here's a dose of reality. You might want to have a glass of milk before you read this - it's not pretty.

My he-man son that amassed all his knowledge and skill is today *still* waiting tables and clearing dishes. It's been ten years of learning what doesn't work for him - and he's starting to figure it out. I'm hoping in another ten years, he'll make moves to make things happen. Can't tell him much because he's been on his own for so long he actually thinks he knows it all. And he does know it all - as far as his little world goes - which isn't much.

One of my brothers is finishing one of those mini-bus things to live in. It's a half bus, more or less. He's very proud of that. He's over 50, works in a warehouse, has nobody special in his life, and knows it all. Can't tell him much. He can, and wants to, do it all on his own.

Welcome to the know-it-all club. These are the beefy he-men that are doing it on their own, and they're damn proud of it. Now, let's take a look at the UNbeefy sex that used their brain more...

Don't try to fool your Mom and don't think for a moment that she's stupid - she's been your age, but you have never been hers. There is a lot to be said for experience. She's moved out on her own - had serious relationships - learned how the system works - raised you - and started over when she moved. Just for that alone, she deserves immense respect!

Everyone has setbacks and disappointments. That's a given. In spite of whatever setbacks your Mom had, she has still accomplished a lot. Nobody can argue with that. And I'm sure she learned a lot along the way, as well. I can understand her impatience at some know-it-all kid which may have influenced her to say enough is enough and throw her son out. Yeah, I've seen it - lived it - and I'm still seeing it in my son and brother, for the past few DECADES.

He is being an ENABLER and hurting him a lot more than helping him. How the F*ck does an idiot like this get a radio show in the first place?

There are many ways to not help someone. Being an enabler, disguised as a friend or a role model of some type, is one of the worst. Once you know what this is and why it's so bad, you can recognize it and sidestep it. Until then - you follow like sheep and don't EVEN know what you don't know.

I put these comments here for the many young men that will see that video and actually think it's good advice. It isn't. As anyone can clearly see, they're both in the same mindset, which is kind of pitiful for the older dude.

Both of these fools are embarassing. The college guy talks like a scared teenager. The fake guru spouts off the worst advice anyone could give this misguided soul looking for help. So, between them, they take a small issue and make a dumpster fire out of it.

Roof over head. Hustle to help others in some way that would also help your bank account. If you under moms roof then moms plan comes with that package.

Yeah, "Mom's plan." Better learn right now that you don't know much of any practical use, and you aren't in charge. When you get a job, you're going to be working at someone else's "plan." When you pay your rent, you are playing along with another "plan." Or go out on your own and be successful. It's easy. Then you can have your own "plan." But maybe not - maybe your customers are going to define what you do to make a living - gotta please the ones that write the checks. Or maybe you are going to babysit your workers that need constant supervision and can't think for themselves. Yeah - there's always a "plan" somehow in the package, isn't there. Deal with it right now, because it's not going to get any easier.

Any questions? I will warn you in advance. You might not like my answers.

Free advice, based on decades of hard-won success? No thanks. I don't need your advice. I know a guy that knows a guy that built an app and made a million dollars. I'm not listening to anyone, except for some idiot that pushes my inbred fight instinct buttons in a YouTube video. I'm a sheep and I'm impressionable, and I don't think things through too much because I react based on my primal instincts. That's just how I roll. Like, yeah man, you know. Hey.

Of course, @WJK knows this is pure idiotic sarcasm. Sometimes that is what is needed to make a point...

The smartest people I know are smart because they realized how much they didn't know, and they work hard to fill in those gaps. By realizing how much they didn't know, they became very smart. Ironic twist. Now they do what they want because they're immensely successful. Funny how that works out. Must be luck, huh?

I've worked hard while a bunch of the other people around me was partying. Then, when they finally noticed my success, they told me that I just lucky.

Of course, it's luck. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that weak excuse.

"I said sorry to my mommy and she took me back in. I became an accountant and I wish I didn't live life like a pussy. Now I'm too old".

Have some balls and find a place to sleep tonight. Hope it isn't too cold under the overpass. Let it be ingrained into your brain just how far you're willing to go to make it happen for yourself.

Here's a news flash. If you can't make up with mommy and live under her "plan" then you're not much of a man. If you can't handle THAT much in life, well then you're in for a long hard road ahead. Don't listen to me though - you'll figure it out in due time.

Someone that can and DOES get along with their mommy may have hope for success. Getting along with mommy, that provides shelter, cooks, washes your clothes, and is there 365 days a year for you is like going through KINDERGARTEN in the thing called life.

Maybe the best thing she could have done for you was throwing your a$$ out, after all.

Time to grow up little man. And if you listen to that thinks-he's-a -guru idiot, or someone that provokes you by calling you a pussy for not taking a stand (thanks @Johnny boy) then join the ranks of the wannabes. You'll be in good company. There are lots of members in the shoulda-coulda losers club. If you're "lucky" you can maybe get a radio show - cause you won't be worth much more than "entertainment" value anyway. Ol Gary looks like a has-been Howard Stern wannabe that is too old, too dumb, and wayyyy too uncool. But love the guy for trying anyway.

Lots and lots of advice here. I wonder how many college seniors would be smart enough to sift through it all and come up with a plan?

I"m getting kind of sick to my stomach even writing about this. Time to get some real work done. Out.

Last edited:

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland
"Cut loose. You have to cut loose to get rich. There isn't any other way. Firstly, of course, you must break loose from your parents and family home. It's possible to get rich from your bedroom while your mother is ironing your shirt or blouse downstairs, I suppose. But it's unlikely." - Felix Dennis, How to get rich

I believe this is true, except maybe if your parents are successful entrepreneurs. Still though, unless you are able to support yourself and put a roof over your head really soon, I think you should make amends with mom and go back home for now. Being homeless is no joke, especially when the winter is coming. I think you should also finish that high school.

Last edited:

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia

or

Time to go make some money. Remind yourself for the rest of your life to be as motivated as you'll be tomorrow morning.
Did you finish high school @Johnny boy ?
You seem to have a supportive relationship with your mom.
You genuinely sound wise beyond your years just about all the time @Johnny boy, and you always speak so clearly and on point that you could absolutely run circles around Gary Vee. I'm twice your age and your insights kick me in the pants.
You sound so self-assured, it just has to have something to do with a strong network, and once again Mom and apple pie.
And maybe your confident intelligence has something to do with not choosing to leave your homeland and move across three international borders to a former Eastern Bloc country near the subarctic that is always facing prospects of military oppression, and where no one speaks your language.
Not everyone has your talents.
And I might be wrong here, but compared to this guy you've played it safe.
Ever find yourself needing to speak Estonian to a cop who found you sleeping under an underpass? Or speak Latvian to the grown-up bums who demand all your money?
I don't think it helps to insult the OP for choosing to protect his mental health and avoid hazards which you have never once faced.
Looking forward to your New York Times bestseller someday, perhaps in six years if we're all lucky.

Last edited:

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland
And maybe your confidence has something to do with not choosing to leave your homeland and move across three international borders to a former Eastern Bloc country near the subarctic that is always facing prospects of military oppression, and where no one speaks your language. Yeah, not fun.

Estonia is an EU and NATO member, I think their prospects of facing military oppression are rather slim at the moment.

And since OP is from France which is also an EU country, him moving to Estonia would not differ much from an American moving from one state to another.

And English is widely spoken in Estonia, French not so much but OP seems to cope fine with English.

I still think OP should probably just move back home for now but there is nothing wrong or scary in itself in moving to Estonia.

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

or

Have you ever been homeless? Have you been dirty and hungry? Have you ever felt that your life is in danger? Be careful what advice you give unless you have been there and lived that life. It's hard to think straight when your belly is empty. It's hard to make business deals or go to work when you stink -- because you need a shower. Life is pretty hard for a kid who is living on the streets.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Being homeless is no joke, especially when the winter is coming. I think you should also finish that high school.

I nearly died. Your winters are harsher. Pneumonia is not funny or overcomeable with mindset. Homeless people die every winter.

If there had been anywhere other than a shop door for me. You can bet I would have been there as sorry as necessary.

Call your mom and apologise. Move back if she will take you. You know who else started a business as a hobby while at school?

Richard Branson,the billionaire.

Make that kind of money and I'm sure Estonia will be delighted to have you, if you still feel like moving.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Estonia is an EU and NATO member, I think their prospects of facing military oppression are rather slim at the moment.

And since OP is from France which is also an EU country, him moving to Estonia would not differ much from an American moving from one state to another.
Actually quite a significant variation
Freedom of movement in EU only applies to economically independent workers.

This avoids the problem I understand Hawaii has of people moving there and then claiming benefits.

Unless OP can get a job there,they would most likely send him straight back to France.

If on the other hand he sets up his own location indepent e-commerce store or something funded by the bank of mum and dad.

Then he could quite easily move there. His best chance at emigrating to Estonia is to go back home.

The other friends might get sent back too. If not work with them via skype perhaps.

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland
Actually quite a significant variation
Freedom of movement in EU only applies to economically independent workers.

"As an EU citizen, you have the right to move to any EU country to live, work, study, look for a job or retire. You can stay in another EU country for up to 3 months without registering there but you may need to report your presence. The only requirement is to hold a valid national identity card or passport."

This is a direct quote from Europa.eu website.

But it is true, you won't be able to claim social benefits in most cases, unless you first start working or studying.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
"As an EU citizen, you have the right to move to any EU country to live, work, study, look for a job or retire. You can stay in another EU country for up to 3 months without registering there but you may need to report your presence. The only requirement is to hold a valid national identity card or passport."

This is a direct quote from Europa.eu website.

Is he working or studying? I have highlighted the important part.

Check out what happens when a homeless person goes to register in 3 months time in Estonia without an address.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.