The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I’m done!!!

Dacha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jun 6, 2020
Usa
Hi guys, my name is Dacha
I’m a 40 year old guy from Serbia, living in US for the past 17 years. I’ve been working at all kinds of odd jobs, moving, asbestos removal in NYC, construction, labor, and truck driving for the past 3 years. I recently started listening “unscripted “ from the audible and I felt like “wow, this guy has a point, I like what he says “ and I’ve decided to park a truck on Monday, that’s it. Enough of this bullshit, long hours, depression, eating shit and living in a truck. I don’t know what I’m going to do next but I know this “life” stops here and now. I hope this community will offer me a little guidance and help at the beginning of new life. Shit, I’m starting to sound pathetic... Anyways, glad to be here and thanks for having me ,

Dutchaman

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hi guys, my name is Dacha
I’m a 40 year old guy from Serbia, living in US for the past 17 years. I’ve been working at all kinds of odd jobs, moving, asbestos removal in NYC, construction, labor, and truck driving for the past 3 years. I recently started listening “unscripted “ from the audible and I felt like “wow, this guy has a point, I like what he says “ and I’ve decided to park a truck on Monday, that’s it. Enough of this bullshit, long hours, depression, eating shit and living in a truck. I don’t know what I’m going to do next but I know this “life” stops here and now. I hope this community will offer me a little guidance and help at the beginning of new life. Shit, I’m starting to sound pathetic... Anyways, glad to be here and thanks for having me ,

Dutchaman
Welcome! Thanks for sharing.
Any ideas or plans on what projects you would like to start on?
Maybe something to begin with your current skillset.

Asbestos removal sounds something of interest haha

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I’ve been working at all kinds of odd jobs, moving, asbestos removal in NYC, construction, labor, and truck driving for the past 3 years.

You could have a business in any or all of these fields.

After all, you worked for someone who did if you think about it.

Can you tolerate doing one of them on your own and start to win contracts that will allow you to then bring in others?

eg Buy a second hand truck and do house removals, get a good reputation and build from there?

Dan

Dacha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jun 6, 2020
Usa
You could have a business in any or all of these fields.

After all, you worked for someone who did if you think about it.

Can you tolerate doing one of them on your own and start to win contracts that will allow you to then bring in others?

eg Buy a second hand truck and do house removals, get a good reputation and build from there?

Dan
Bukowski said “find what you love and let it kill you” . My problem is that I haven’t found what I love, all this jobs I’ve been doing were not by choice, those were the jobs I did in order to survive, therefore I wouldn’t want to continue working in those fields. I have a degrees in physical education from Serbia and international business from US but I absolutely have no idea how to start a business and be an entrepreneur which is my goal.

uroz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 2, 2016
when you get good at something you start to love it.
so imo dont look too much into what you "loooove" but something that can earn you money. get good at it and start to enjoy it.

ph0enix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 19, 2020
UK
Welcome!

I know it's very tempting, but I would not leave the day job unless:
  • you have at least 6 months savings set aside (for bills, rent, food, living expenses, etc.)
  • you have already started a business that is showing potential (e.g. generating enough revenue to cover your living expenses).
If not, keep the day job and work on your business part time.
Best of luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...