The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

hypothetically... ligitation support services abroad

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I've been a litigation support analyst for 3.5 years now at one of the biggest companies.
This industry is not generally known about even though Electronic Discovery is a major part of most law cases and that's mostly the stuff i deal with.

There's various technical work i do day to day but the simplest work basically involves:
1)receiving scanned documents from the production department, they got scanners and hourly workers scanning stuff all day into a case specific "folder" in a software.
2)doing some technical stuff to the scanned stuff in the "folder"
3)exporting the stuff in a format the client wants, like PDF, text, etc etc

So i was just wondering...
what if i wanted to start my own digitization services or something in third world countries.
I hear latin american countries have not digitized their stuff yet.
things like government documents, medical stuff, all kind of shit really.

I'd hire some cheap workers to scan documents and send me the stuff. I'll do the technical work and then supply the final deliverable to the client.

The major hurdles are:
1) Laws, regulations, privacy concerns. Since the stuff being scanned is often sensitive information, i know the company i work for probably has a bunch of privacy contracts and licenses. I have absolutely no clue about stuff like that.
2) I guess getting clients abroad, i gotta call up for example the mexican government and sell the service.
3) outsourcing to workers who will go to the place and scan the stuff. All this has to be coordinated, signed contracts, making sure no laws being broken etc etc.

Seems like if i was serious about following thru with this idea, i need to hit up a lawyer($$$), cold call governments?, ????.
In the fastlane spirit, i dont want to or have the time to learn law, i need to hire a lawyer to work with, right?
I gotta stick to what i know, the actual technical work involved.

lol just another drop in the idea bucket.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.