The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hyperlink Replay?

loop101

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
It occurred to me that anyone playing an online Javascript/HTML game could "save" their progress if the backend server could reproduce a game given a timestamp. For example, you are playing an online trivia game, and you "save" the game before lunch. The system sends you an email containing a hyperlink, and after lunch you use the hyperlink to resume your game. You could also share your hyperlink of "I can't believe I missed the record setting trivia question", and people all over the internet could use the link to resume your game for themselves, and see if they could do any better.

Instead of a trivia game, it could be a dungeon crawler, open world exploration, etc. People resuming the game could play with an anonymous account. There is a lot of opportunity for branding, advertising, information sharing, etc. With 3D WebGL, almost any video game could be turned in to a "resume-able web experience". With WebVR, a realtor could provide a hyperlink to interactive 3D walkthrough of a house for sale. It would be like these videogame streaming websites, except you "split" the game, and start playing your own copy of wherever the original streamer was. Maybe they got to level 5, were losing against a boss, and you decided to split off your own copy of the game.

Is this already being done? I haven't heard about. Seems like a lot of potential. You won't send someone a link, you'll send them an EXPERIENCE.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser-1

It occurred to me that anyone playing an online Javascript/HTML game could "save" their progress if the backend server could reproduce a game given a timestamp. For example, you are playing an online trivia game, and you "save" the game before lunch. The system sends you an email containing a hyperlink, and after lunch you use the hyperlink to resume your game. You could also share your hyperlink of "I can't believe I missed the record setting trivia question", and people all over the internet could use the link to resume your game for themselves, and see if they could do any better.

Instead of a trivia game, it could be a dungeon crawler, open world exploration, etc. People resuming the game could play with an anonymous account. There is a lot of opportunity for branding, advertising, information sharing, etc. With 3D WebGL, almost any video game could be turned in to a "resume-able web experience". With WebVR, a realtor could provide a hyperlink to interactive 3D walkthrough of a house for sale. It would be like these videogame streaming websites, except you "split" the game, and start playing your own copy of wherever the original streamer was. Maybe they got to level 5, were losing against a boss, and you decided to split off your own copy of the game.

Is this already being done? I haven't heard about. Seems like a lot of potential. You won't send someone a link, you'll send them an EXPERIENCE.
Wow that's amazing!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.