The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Hyperinflation starting? What's happening in your area? Post your ground reports.

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011

Train

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
May 11, 2021
For those of you with cars that are now way up in price - are you thinking of selling?

I am tempted to offload what I have and just free as much cash up as possible for any incoming deals on property.
I thought about selling my truck which could get me $10k before taxes.

I didn't because I thought there's a good chance I'd give that money back and more to some sharky car dealer with low inventory when I buy to replace.

I got the car as a lease when dealers were desperate for sales during the beginning of the lockdowns so I managed to lock down a great residual.

I recently bought the car without a dealership involved too so I was able to avoid the dealer marking up that transaction by thousands of dollars as I've heard happen to others doing lease buyouts during this time.

But the risk/reward for me wasn't worth selling at this time.

thechosen1

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
USA
Have a feeling a black swan event is going to come if this continues.
Everyone will call it a black swan, despite being totally predictable.

It's like watching a ship sink in slow motion, or a plane fall in slow motion.

Good news is, it's likely just another cycle. It will happen again and again. But the part that isn't a cycle is the continuous march upwards towards things getting more expensive while buying power lessens...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore