The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Humble Hustle & Scaling My Agency - Progress Thread

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Hi Seniors & Mentors,

A simple hustle to learn, grow and achieve freedom.

To keep it short and not take much time of the reader, here is small intro and what i am doing currently:

In morning, I look for local clients to contact. I am targeting specific niches. Crafting a personal email for each of them (5-6/day) and sending.
Then i go to Job. At job, i try to find time and learn something new.

and then DO nothing.
I am action faking right now. I think stuck somewhere in DOD. :happy:

and then, their is this Fear of cold calling. I am thinking to cold call those whom i have emailed, but fear got me good until today.

Hence, starting this thread so that i take more real actions.

Ok Enough about me.

I will be posting whatever i do. 1-2 per week. Not more than that or i will action fake on TFF:wideyed:

P.S- My job timing is 10:30 to 8:30 + 2 hours travel. But the job is a dead job. No pressure, much free time (which i used to procrastinate before joining TFF).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
So i just made a cold call to client who i emailed yesterday.

That call was horrible.:clench:

Here it is:
Call@09987029481(09987029481)_20180905192637.mp3

First cold call ever done. Feeling good now.

Lessons learned after hearing the recording:

• Be Bold and Confident with little enthusiasm
  • Speak clear
  • If you feel that the person could be busy, change your first question to "do you have a minute to talk"...

Please give your thoughts seniors.:blush:

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Can someone please kick-my-a$$. Really please.
I have been procrastinating the whole month of October. Did nothing.

In September, I emailed around 100 businesses and didn't received a single response, maybe that is the reason i have procrastinated this month.

I am active on the forum, reading others hustle, and now feeling guilty of doing nothing.
I have reading @Crazy GG cold call thread and his/her persistence will. I want to be take action like him. I will. I am starting again, and will take actions now.

So for now a short summary of what i have done till today:

I have completed 1 event website and delivered good results as the owner was very happy and have earned back the investment he did.

Completed 2 graphic design related work (flyer/banner) for my previous employer. I charged him 50$ for that, and he received $7K order through that.

Lessons learned:
As @Andyblack says, HELP someone. I have helped the owner with setting up his social accounts, designed a carry bag for free, and now he is giving a website project plus all his digital marketing task to me. But it will be after 2 months, not now.

From now, i am back, and will strive again to help more people and solve problems through webdesign and digital marketing.

Thanks.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
After pushing myslef for cold email/cold calling, i come to know that its very difficult for me, and i am good in networking directly. So i am doing direct communication.

I have good amount of network with businesses and people, so i will be taking this approach.

Last sunday, a meeting was schedule with a local fish business client through my network.
They client wants to go online and have shopping android app. He wants to do FB marketing to increase the app installation and sales via apps.

We started discussing everything on Lunch, I gave him some tips to improve his app for sales oriented. This step impressed him. To better help him, i talked with his developer (client is not techy) and explained him on the changes and improvements.

I also advice him to create a standee banner infront of his office so that his current customers will know that they can order fish online. I promise him to create a banner for him for upfront free.

After that, we discussed everything on marketing the app. Deal was finally closed on
₹10k/Month.

This is my first deal on digital marketing and recurring sales. I am quite happy.

Through this meeting and previous experience i assume that i am quite comfortable to talk face to face and have Listening skill.

Lessons Learned:

Ask questions. Ask right questions at right time to our clients. I need to learn this better. If we ask them right questions, they get attracted to us and try to explain in more detail which creates interest. I notice that when i ask questions, they tend to loose interest. When i tracked back, those questions were not meant to be asked at that time, even though the question was important.

Right question at right time shows that we know and understand what they are talking about. This is very essential skill.

Will keep posting as i progress, though my speed is like snail infront of @Crazy GG leopard.
I read your posts. Yup. as soon as you post.

Last edited:

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
G'Day All,

Small Update:
I am currently working on Fish business client. Expecting to start the FB ads next week. I didn't knew that to advertise on FB for app installation we need to add FB API stuffs.

Explained this to client and right now his developer is integrating that. Lets see when it is ready.

Power of over-deliver is really awesome. The Fish client now also wants me develop a website for the business which will be Informational type site.

Apart from that, my previous client for whom i created flyers, he has requested more graphic design work and i will be providing that this week.

To communicate and understand the market of Digital Solutions, I am going to meet local business owners and observe the problems they have currently with there online activities.

Started creating the list of businesses and will schedule the meetings(i know some of them personally and don't have issue to ask for a meeting).

For that, i have taken 2 weeks of holiday from my Job which starts on 19th Nov. I am excited to work full time on this.

Will try to complete the tasks at hand before that and dive into the Abyss of unknown marketmind to research, learn and solve.

I will try to give updates daily from 19th on what i did.

Until next time.

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
I've skim-read all your posts and had a quick listen to your phone call. All I can say is confidence, confidence, confidence.

There's much more to learn than just confidence but when it comes to cold calling, confidence is key. I remember my first cold call, it sucked but I got somewhere all because I had confidence and kept throwing it back at the client. He eventually ran out of questions and realised he'd been convinced and agreed to a deal.

A few pointers:

• Confidence is essential. Nobody gives a sh*t about you or your product/service if you don't have confidence, sulk it up and talk loud, clear and confident.
  • Know every aspect of your product/service and adjust your 'script' accordingly when calling different clients. If you're calling a restaurant about a new website, include benefits which will actually impact the client's business. Selling websites, graphics and everything else is easy, actually designing them to attract users is hard. Focus on your product/service and know it inside and out.
  • Know the answer before they even ask. All this means is be prepared. Write a ton of questions down and assume they'll ask every single one. My personal advice to you is to implement basic answers into your initial introduction.

There's so much more than these pointers but it's a good starting point.

Good luck :)

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Thanks @Akeem for valuable feedback. Noted. I will implement these tips in my next call. Right now i am going Network route.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
G'Day All,

Until the fish app is ready for FB ads, i am trying to create some Ad copy. Can you critics on it:

Love to eat fish? Fresh? Order your favourite fish at cheap price from Fash! by Sholey Fish & RR.
With Noka, you can order fish and ingredients with correct shape/size at the cheap price!
Download now and get your mouth watering fish at your door:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=*

Above copy is for WhatsApp which will be sent to customer database.
I am thinking to use it for FB also but FB has limitation on words and need Headline which i am thinking and trying write now.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
The Fish client now also wants me develop a website for the business which will be Informational type site.

This is awesome ! That's literally a Wordpress installation on a popular hosting provider. Get a decent theme for $49, customize it, ask for their logo and offer to have one created if they don't have a decent one (a $50 Fiverr gig can fix that, don't go cheap!). that's 7.3K rupees expenses, and you charge for the website and logo... you can probably charge 21K rupees for the deal. You come out with a 14K rupees renevue. At least, that's what I'd do. Those numbers shouldn't scare the customer too much as they are really decent !

This is just my opinion on the matter by the way, in the end you are the master of your business. Good job ! Keep going !

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
This is awesome ! That's literally a Wordpress installation on a popular hosting provider. Get a decent theme for $49, customize it, ask for their logo and offer to have one created if they don't have a decent one (a $50 Fiverr gig can fix that, don't go cheap!). that's 7.3K rupees expenses, and you charge for the website and logo... you can probably charge 21K rupees for the deal. You come out with a 14K rupees renevue. At least, that's what I'd do. Those numbers shouldn't scare the customer too much as they are really decent !

This is just my opinion on the matter by the way, in the end you are the master of your business. Good job ! Keep going !

Thank you Noel! You have perfectly captured the steps i am gonna take. I am planning to go Custom development but i need to find out more about the client business. This Fish niche is quite new to me and i don't know much about it.

After understanding client needs and the correct way to solve it, then i will decide what to use.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Clients: 2
Leads: 2

G'Day hustlers,

After many struggle to provide value, fights with laziness, some depressed procrastination in the last two months, i have achieved some good results(in my eyes).

Completed an Interior firm website project which i got from networking. As a form of value addition and over deliver, i implemented email system for them, created social accounts and gave hand-to-hand training on managing online business.

Tomorrow i will be handing over the website to them and complete the project. The project was of 25k (INR). The client is very happy and have referred a construction firm.

In the last month i became a member of business group and doing good with creating relationship with them. The group member are sort of non techy SME firms. Due to helping them in tech related stuffs, i have become admin of group(not just the attendee) and manage the activities there.
Next month, they have asked to give a small session on business growth through social media. :) I am very excited about that.

About failure: There are many. The fishing client is not responding, and whenever i contact him, he vaguely response. I think i made a blunder in the recent meeting when i said i am working as a job and doing the business simultaneously, or maybe i messed up by not providing enough value. I don't know what was the reason.

Another failure comes from myself. I have been lazy, wasting time on reading novels and doing shits... feeling down and can someone please kick me/punch me for this? (if you are in Mumbai)

Anyways, i learned a lot and failed a lot in these two months. Nothing much to show.

Well as new year is coming, in the next post i will post my resolution and commitments and will achieve them all.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Go ahead, it helps self-monitoring your time, reminding you not to wander in places too much.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Well I'm a little late for "immediate feedback," but I do have something that will help you with cold calls and maybe face to face networking.

It's actually a magic trick! :wideyed: White magic though. Ready?

If you get stuck and don't know what to say to someone, or they don't remember your letter, or previous call, or whatever, just try to make a very small promise. "Sorry if I caught you at a bad time. I'll try you again tomorrow morning at 10am Ok?" Something like that. The key is, you absolutely must call them tomorrow at 10am. That's when you go from "some guy who called me during a meeting" or "some guy who I met at a mixer" to "the guy who makes really specific promises and then actually keeps them."

The thing is, once you're the guy who keeps really specific promises, the offers you make are 100x more believable. Of course, you need to deliver on those too, but how many sales would you have if people believed you when you said "I'll make you a web site that generates leads in the first month." Or whatever your service is.

Variations on this strategy work for all sorts of unexpected hurdles too. Customer calls you with a complicated problem you can't answer right then... "let me call you back in 15 minutes and let you know." In 15 minutes you either call them with the answer, or you call them to let them know you need more time to research. The important thing is that you make a specific promise, and keep it. It builds trust, and it's amazing how much people appreciate it.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Well I'm a little late for "immediate feedback," but I do have something that will help you with cold calls and maybe face to face networking.

If you get stuck and don't know what to say to someone, or they don't remember your letter, or previous call, or whatever, just try to make a very small promise. "Sorry if I caught you at a bad time. I'll try you again tomorrow morning at 10am Ok?" Something like that. The key is, you absolutely must call them tomorrow at 10am. That's when you go from "some guy who called me during a meeting" or "some guy who I met at a mixer" to "the guy who makes really specific promises and then actually keeps them."

The thing is, once you're the guy who keeps really specific promises, the offers you make are 100x more believable. Of course, you need to deliver on those too, but how many sales would you have if people believed you when you said "I'll make you a web site that generates leads in the first month." Or whatever your service is.

Variations on this strategy work for all sorts of unexpected hurdles too. Customer calls you with a complicated problem you can't answer right then... "let me call you back in 15 minutes and let you know." In 15 minutes you either call them with the answer, or you call them to let them know you need more time to research. The important thing is that you make a specific promise, and keep it. It builds trust, and it's amazing how much people appreciate it.

Amazing... Will implement this.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
G'Day All,

Small Update:

After getting in touch with the local networking group and becoming the admin, i have started getting many odd jobs. Received 10+ graphics and logo design work. All on small scale.

• Got this from Business group. Closed a deal with Makeupartist on 15k INR for Social media management.
  • God knows from where but i got call from hotel business guy who need website. After many calls, we closed the deal. To close this deal, i did an extensive research on there pain point and the ways to solve that. They want to implement Direct Booking from there website and save money which they pay to OTA(Online travel Agency). Website designing of 20k is in process and after that will manage there SMM for 10k.

This client is loosing so much money by not having much online presence. They were No 1 hotel in there location some years back but there competitors pushed them behind by doing proper marketing and advertising. This proves that Marketing and Advertising is other half of the business.

I have many calls with them and the basic strategy have been laid out. I hope to pull it through and help them achieve there goals which is to get direct booking.

They have also verbally confirmed the deal for there other Hotel which is in redevelopment.
  • Helped a lady in catering business in graphics designs and simple business ideas to speedup her food delivery last week. A kind gesture for her. She looks very nice person so i helped her. Now she revealed that her husband have Construction & Interior designing business and they are looking for someone trustworthy to design website and manage online activity. Talk about kindness effect @Andy Black .
That's all for the positive part. Thinking of others ways to fill the pipeline.

The problem i am facing right now is having a proper system.

• For SEO Audit or website traffic analysis i waste time on free tools but the results are not satisfactory.
  • Graphic design tasks go wary. I explain something else, my graphic guy do something else. He is very good in it. Just i am not good in graphics and not able to explain.
  • Proper system for tasks and project is not there. Right now i am only using simple sheet and messages to communicate. In this the execution process lacks somewhere. I think i need to create a proper collaboration system similar to Laser Focus productivity by @LightHouse . In that thread, @Kyle T mentioned Clickup.com tool. I think i will use that. If you guys have any tips for this, do guide me.
Overall, things are working slowly as i am learning business process, learning sales, communication, and trying to find business need to solve.

Inspired by Fox and others, i am also putting a challenge for this year in the next post to push myself to achieve them.

*Note - All the money amount i mentioned are in Indian rupee. So 20k is $282.32. I know I am charging way low compare to others. But at start phase i think i should build better client proof to whom i have helped drastically and skills to help them better in future. What do you all think, hustlers?

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Good stuff. It looks like things are starting to snowball.

I use Basecamp to communicate with clients and team members. It’s good to move that communication outside of email. It’s ok for lightweight project management.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
As i mentioned in earlier post, some of the challenge for myself this year.

2019 Challenge:
  • 7Lacs till the end of the year
  • Leaving the 10-8 Job and focus full on being a problem solver.
  • 5 clients as a recurring for SEO/SMM.

I am feeling fear now after writing the challenge. let's

Until Now:
Nothing as of now. 20k deal of website deposit will come this week, that will be the start of the challenge.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
This is off topic, not related to my progress.

I was thinking of why many website design business in my city try to get clients abroad(US, UK etc). So many business have crappy websites and little online presence and they have loads of money to pay.

People say that business here don't pay much. Abroad clients pay way better. But i Second this.

After little observation i come to this theory. Please point it out if i am wrong somewhere.

An average US family of four need $4,045(source). An Average Indian family of four need ₹40,000.
A ten times.

An average website design studio in US charge for website around 1k-5k (source: fox group)
An average website design studio in my city charge for website around 20k-50k(source: me)

So what's the difference here? why do other try to get the clients abroad? Why not just help businesses here?

Is it because of currency difference? Well according to the expense of living, that's the same amount of earning.

Instead of spamming(i know we got a bad rep there) business/people there, why not try to help people here? we can get the almost same amount of money if we do business here.

Recently i checked an Oil rig business who's turnover is above ₹1000cr, but have a crappy website. So many elevator companies doing google adwords with crappy website and loosing money. So many 3star - 4star - 5star hotels have no online presence and no direct booking to increase there sales %.

I just feel that the same opportunity is available here. Before spamming other countries, why not help people here?

Sorry if my analyse is wrong or my words seems naive.
Do point out my mistake and your own thoughts.

Last edited:

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
G'Day All,

Small Update:

After getting in touch with the local networking group and becoming the admin, i have started getting many odd jobs. Received 10+ graphics and logo design work. All on small scale.

• Closed a deal with Makeupartist on 15k INR for Social media management.
  • In the process on designing the website for 3 Star Hotel. Got this referral from Local business group i am admin of. To close this deal, i did an extensive research on there pain point and the ways to solve that. They want to implement Direct Booking from there website and save money which they pay to OTA(Online travel Agency). Website designing of 20k is in process and after that will manage there SMM for 10k.

This client is loosing so much money by not having much online presence. They were No 1 hotel in there location some years back but there competitors pushed them behind by doing proper marketing and advertising. This proves that Marketing and Advertising is other half of the business.

I have many calls with them and the basic strategy have been laid out. I hope to pull it through and help them achieve there goals which is to get direct booking.

They have also verbally confirmed the deal for there other Hotel which is in redevelopment.
  • Helped a lady in catering business in graphics designs and simple business ideas to speedup her food delivery last week. A kind gesture for her. She looks very nice person so i helped her. Now she revealed that her husband have Construction & Interior designing business and they are looking for someone trustworthy to design website and manage online activity. Talk about kindness effect @Andy Black .
That's all for the positive part. Thinking of others ways to fill the pipeline.

The problem i am facing right now is having a proper system.

• For SEO Audit or website traffic analysis i waste time on free tools but the results are not satisfactory.
  • Graphic design tasks go wary. I explain something else, my graphic guy do something else. He is very good in it. Just i am not good in graphics and not able to explain.
  • Proper system for tasks and project is not there. Right now i am only using simple sheet and messages to communicate. In this the execution process lacks somewhere. I think i need to create a proper collaboration system similar to Laser Focus productivity by @LightHouse . In that thread, @Kyle T mentioned Clickup.com tool. I think i will use that. If you guys have any tips for this, do guide me.
Overall, things are working slowly as i am learning business process, learning sales, communication, and trying to find business need to solve.

Inspired by Fox and others, i am also putting a challenge for this year in the next post to push myself to achieve them.

*Note - All the money amount i mentioned are in Indian rupee. So 20k is $282.32. I know I am charging way low compare to others. But at start phase i think i should build better client proof to whom i have helped drastically and skills to help them better in future. What do you all think, hustlers?

ClickUp tool has a learning curve but definitely has awesome features. If you sign up for the paid version make sure to us the code "50off". Will get you 50% off.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Awesome! Exciting progress.

This is off topic, not related to my progress.

I was thinking of why many website design business in my city try to get clients abroad(US, UK etc). So many business have crappy websites and little online presence and they have loads of money to pay.

People say that business here don't pay much. Abroad clients pay way better. But i Second this.

After little observation i come to this theory. Please point it out if i am wrong somewhere.

An average US family of four need $4,045(source). An Average Indian family of four need ₹40,000.
A ten times.

An average website design studio in US charge for website around 1k-5k (source: fox group)
An average website design studio in my city charge for website around 20k-50k(source: me)

So what's the difference here? why do other try to get the clients abroad? Why not just help businesses here?

Is it because of currency difference? Well according to the expense of living, that's the same amount of earning.

Instead of spamming(i know we got a bad rep there) business/people there, why not try to help people here? we can get the almost same amount of money if we do business here.

Recently i checked an Oil rig business who's turnover is above ₹1000cr, but have a crappy website. So many elevator companies doing google adverts with crappy website and loosing money. So many 4 star-5star hotels have no online presence and no direct booking to increase there sales almost 30%.

I just feel that the same opportunity is available here. Before spamming other countries, why not help people here?

Sorry if my analyse is wrong or my words seems naive.
Do point out my mistake and your own thoughts.

Helping the people around you seems reasonable to me. They might want to pay less, but there's also less competition for their business. You can probably make sales faster and spend more time helping your customers. Plus, you end up with local friends who will buy more things from you in the future. I can't see how you lose by doing this. People trying to get business from far away because "it pays more" are often just chasing shiny objects.

LittleJohn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 30, 2018
Northeast USA
So for now a short summary of what i have done till today:

I have completed 1 event website and delivered good results as the owner was very happy and have earned back the investment he did.

Completed 2 graphic design related work (flyer/banner) for my previous employer. I charged him 50$ for that, and he received $7K order through that.

Great job on getting paid work. Your post before this mentioned no progress how did you get these jobs?

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Great job on getting paid work. Your post before this mentioned no progress how did you get these jobs?
G'day,
In the month of september, I communicated with all my friends and relatives & told them about the work I have started.
One of my college friend, Who has started his own event management firm needed a website and he approached me.
Same with graphics design. An old friend with clothing brand needed some designs and contacted me.

These two were easy sales and I didn't made much efforts to get, so I didn't mentioned it in details.

Another reason could be, I was ameteur in describing the progress. I learned later on how to do a proper progress thread after reading some great progress thread.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
G'day All,

Some quick update.
The Hotel Website design deal is stuck on deposit which they haven't transferred yet because of busy schedule. I will be contacting them today for status.

The lady with Catering business is also busy with some personal work and haven't able to arrange a meeting with her to talk about her husband's Construction business project.

This 2 weeks were very slow and dead with no progress. Feeling frustrated on myself. No progress with prospecting.

Last edited:

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
G'day All,

It's been a long time i posted something progressive. I have started using Clickup to get things done.
As said before, I have been trying to build repo in the local meetup group i am associated with. Now i am core member of that group and can suggest things for improvements.
I have been busy in executing and managing many digital work for this group Award ceremony which they hosted last Sunday with one of big NGO of the city. I basically managed all the online activities and marketing for this. After the event, many people connected with me and want to do business with me. Most of them need graphics and branding but i will also pitch them website design too.

I really worked hard for this event, not getting anytime for anything else, in the hope of getting more exposure to local businesses. i think it's paid off.

While i was busy with event preparation, my cousin referred me to electric panel manufacturer who specialized in customized products of panels. After some calls and explanations from my side, the deal is closed for 20k. They will transfer the 50% deposit soon but i have started the work.
I will be registering there domain today and start researching in there vertical.

I have also got a referral from the local group founder. The person who contacted me have facebook page for social cause. She basically help poor children, specially girls and help them increase there awareness for education, invention and motivations. Her fb page is very active and she usually post quotes regarding how daughters are a blessings etc. The page have 500k Likes & followers and all her posts at-least gets 3k likes.
The lady is currently not earning anything from the page. Now she wants to do this stuff professionally and convert this into a foundation for something big. That's why she contacted me to help her. I have quoted her 10k for social media management.
She seems a nice person to me so i told her i will design her a website for free. I know i am being stupid here but i liked her social cause.

For failures:
The hotel website deal is stuck. The guy is actually stuck in Jammu & Kashmir in curfew placed by government because of terrorists attack last month. I just called him for asking his health and how things are there. Didn't asked about deal.

Things i will do:

• Had a call with catering business (whom i helped with her graphics design) and scheduled a meeting tomorrow with her husband. I don't know what is his requirements but he asked to meet me. I have taken a day off from the job to visit them and let's see what comes up.
  • I haven't been prospecting much right now, will be working on this. I am thinking to apply @ johnyboy strategy of slybroadcast with whatsapp. I can't use that tool here in India. I am planning to get the whatsapp numbers of local interior designer businesses and send them a voice message with details on improving there website. I don't know if this will work because it will be difficult to find there whatsapp numbers. Need to test this.
  • Also going to try b2b sales techniques of @ EarlOfChina and test if it will work on whatsapp. If not, i will go to LinkedIn and Instagram.
  • Before doing anything above, i need to update my business profile on social media. They are not updated since ages. haha. Damn. That is also my work. My business don't have a profile yet on LinkedIn. Will need to create that too.

Phew that was long. sorry for wasting your time if its not helpful to you.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
I want to Thank Mr./Ms. @Rabby for this tip. It REALLY is MAGIC.

the guy who makes really specific promises and then actually keeps them.

The thing is, once you're the guy who keeps really specific promises, the offers you make are 100x more believable.

I am literally using this advice of you with almost all my leads and they magically trust me. Though not using for cold calling which i have stopped doing, but doing this in almost everything. In events, meetups, calls, emails etc. It really is helpful. If i promise and followup they start trusting and be warm. The lady i mentioned in my above post having social cause fb page is the proof!

Thanks @Rabby

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Last edited:

Danny01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jan 20, 2019
G'day All,

It's been a long time i posted something progressive. I have started using Clickup to get things done.
As said before, I have been trying to build repo in the local meetup group i am associated with. Now i am core member of that group and can suggest things for improvements.
I have been busy in executing and managing many digital work for this group Award ceremony which they hosted last Sunday with one of big NGO of the city. I basically managed all the online activities and marketing for this. After the event, many people connected with me and want to do business with me. Most of them need graphics and branding but i will also pitch them website design too.

I really worked hard for this event, not getting anytime for anything else, in the hope of getting more exposure to local businesses. i think it's paid off.

While i was busy with event preparation, my cousin referred me to electric panel manufacturer who specialized in customized products of panels. After some calls and explanations from my side, the deal is closed for 20k. They will transfer the 50% deposit soon but i have started the work.
I will be registering there domain today and start researching in there vertical.

I have also got a referral from the local group founder. The person who contacted me have facebook page for social cause. She basically help poor children, specially girls and help them increase there awareness for education, invention and motivations. Her fb page is very active and she usually post quotes regarding how daughters are a blessings etc. The page have 500k Likes & followers and all her posts at-least gets 3k likes.
The lady is currently not earning anything from the page. Now she wants to do this stuff professionally and convert this into a foundation for something big. That's why she contacted me to help her. I have quoted her 10k for social media management.
She seems a nice person to me so i told her i will design her a website for free. I know i am being stupid here but i liked her social cause.

For failures:
The hotel website deal is stuck. The guy is actually stuck in Jammu & Kashmir in curfew placed by government because of terrorists attack last month. I just called him for asking his health and how things are there. Didn't asked about deal.

Things i will do:

• Had a call with catering business (whom i helped with her graphics design) and scheduled a meeting tomorrow with her husband. I don't know what is his requirements but he asked to meet me. I have taken a day off from the job to visit them and let's see what comes up.
  • I haven't been prospecting much right now, will be working on this. I am thinking to apply @ johnyboy strategy of slybroadcast with whatsapp. I can't use that tool here in India. I am planning to get the whatsapp numbers of local interior designer businesses and send them a voice message with details on improving there website. I don't know if this will work because it will be difficult to find there whatsapp numbers. Need to test this.
  • Also going to try b2b sales techniques of @ EarlOfChina and test if it will work on whatsapp. If not, i will go to LinkedIn and Instagram.
  • Before doing anything above, i need to update my business profile on social media. They are not updated since ages. haha. Damn. That is also my work. My business don't have a profile yet on LinkedIn. Will need to create that too.

Phew that was long. sorry for wasting your time if its not helpful to you.

Nice progress so far. I'll be meeting hotel owners in my province from tomorrow to pitch them on the need for having a website and also integrating direct booking to it. I hope they'll see the need.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Nice progress so far. I'll be meeting hotel owners in my province from tomorrow to pitch them on the need for having a website and also integrating direct booking to it. I hope they'll see the need.
Cool! While researching this niche, i found that having a price comparison widget on the website, which compares price from OTA's directly help convince the visitors to book directly. Triptease is doing fabulously as other stated. I haven't tried so can't say.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.