The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Human Behavior ... Interesting...

Anything related to matters of the mind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone that has owned a website with significant traffic will tell you that certain usage patterns start to emerge based on the days and the type of site you own.

For example, when I owned my company Tuesday's were my busiest days and Saturday was the worst proceeded by Friday.

Here at Fastlane, I've noticed an interesting pattern in user registrants ... the number of real users (non-spammers/bots/etc) is pretty low early in the week and picks up later in the week, and crests on Friday afternoon.

Every Friday afternoon, there is a spike in new registrants that outnumber the other days, typically by 4:1 or 5:1.

What is it about Friday afternoon that makes people want to register?

Anticipation of the weekend? Having time?

What are your thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Being in sales I can say that Friday's are my slowest day of the week. Nobody wants to buy anything, if I am lucky enough to get them in the office and not taking a 3 day weekend.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Every Friday afternoon, there is a spike in new registrants that outnumber the other days, typically by 4:1 or 5:1.

My guess? People had a rough week at their jobs and come looking for ways to make it independently, and this forum offers lots of good info about that.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My guess? People had a rough week at their jobs and come looking for ways to make it independently, and this forum offers lots of good info about that.

Ahhhh ... sounds logical to me!

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
with that in mind, we should coordinate a friday social bomb promotion.

we should all on a specified friday twitter/facebook update "Interested in kissing your job goodbye, visit the best site on the web to learn your way free" and then include the link.

What do you all think?

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Anyone that has owned a website with significant traffic will tell you that certain usage patterns start to emerge based on the days and the type of site you own.

For example, when I owned my company Tuesday's were my busiest days and Saturday was the worst proceeded by Friday.

Here at Fastlane, I've noticed an interesting pattern in user registrants ... the number of real users (non-spammers/bots/etc) is pretty low early in the week and picks up later in the week, and crests on Friday afternoon.

Anticipation of the weekend? Having time?

What are your thoughts?

My blog has low visitation numbers during the whole week, then suddenly on Saturdays it spikes right up, significantly. I guess people have more time to sit down and relax and read during certain days.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007

"TGIF. Whew, what a prison cell this week... Shit man, what am I gonna do to change this somehow"?

Google: the way to riches, i want to be a millionaire, quit my day job, change the world, help people, entrepreneur forum

HelloOOOOOO fastlane! :fastlane:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.