The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How you start the day?

Anything related to matters of the mind

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Hey do you know what? The way you start the day can have lot of impact on that particular day.So you want to make sure you start the day as a champion not like a loser. Practise a morning routine,it doesn't matter if it is 15 minutes or 30 minutes somehow you want to make sure you start the day at your peak state.

For me working out,just calisthenics not weights followed by a cold shower is the usual way i start the day.

Here the key is becoming proactive not being reactive.:)

Just want to share what I know:cool:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Specifics aside, I totally agree that starting the day off strong - whatever that means to you - is one of the most profound things a person can do for themselves.

I catch a light workout, shower, meditate, and try to read.

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
I took this from Napoleon Hill and Tony Robbins:

1. I think 3 things I am grateful for. In my experience when you´re aggressively going after your goal or goals you´re focus constantly goes to all the things you don´t have (the goals or goal you´re trying to achieve). Since I started thinking of all the things I already have and being grateful for them I am much happier and work much better
2. I spend 15 minutes thinking about the person I intend to become. I imagine myself already with a solid business.
3. I spend 10 minutes building self-confidence.
4. I write my goals for the day and answer why they´l help me build my business and what happens if I don´t achieve them

I then work 10-12 hours much more focused and committed than when I didn't have a morning routine

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
I took this from Napoleon Hill and Tony Robbins:

1. I think 3 things I am grateful for. In my experience when you´re aggressively going after your goal or goals you´re focus constantly goes to all the things you don´t have (the goals or goal you´re trying to achieve). Since I started thinking of all the things I already have and being grateful for them I am much happier and work much better
2. I spend 15 minutes thinking about the person I intend to become. I imagine myself already with a solid business.
3. I spend 10 minutes building self-confidence.
4. I write my goals for the day and answer why they´l help me build my business and what happens if I don´t achieve them

I then work 10-12 hours much more focused and committed than when I didn't have a morning routine

That is awesome, gonna add it to my routine.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Daddy school run. Love it.

Then I sit in the kitchen with a cup of tea and my moleskin and plan the day.

I work on my most important client first - which is my own business.

I used to do exercise in the morning, but that's shifted to the evening now that I do the school runs.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Willpower by Baumeister & Tierney is an interesting read that addresses your question indirectly, @MB2.

When we wake up we have a battery of sorts. Performing tasks takes energy...mental processing.

Ex: Should you take 10 min to do your laundry first or complete that report for your client?

In the 70s - an experiment proposed that students wearing clean socks would turn their assignments in on time.

(Clean and organized students will always get their work done, right?)

According to the researcher, however, "the students could either get their homework done, or change their socks everyday, but not both."

In essence, the studies conclude that performing subsequent tasks, produces diminishing results.
So should we then be skipping refreshing showers or feeding Roi, our dachshund puppy? - probably not. But, according to Baumeister, it seems that packing our morning with a routine may slow down our progress.

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
My morning habits boil down to, every single day (in this order):

1. Priority task for fastlane goal
2. Gym

The night before I have my one priority task for the next day

1. get up, contacts in/gym clothes on
2. morning supplements + caffeine pill (more efficient then coffee / 8 cents for the equivalent of a large cup)
3. sit down at my desk / look at my ONE long term goal / corresponding short term goal on the wall in front of me
4. think about where I'll be in one year in a best case scenario (gets the fire burning) - realize if I want a chance of hitting that I need to move forward every single day
5. jump into my priority task and do nothing else but that task until its done or until the alarm goes off for the gym on a workout day, or the slowlane on an off day

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
i start the day like this :

1) the best organic breakfast i can afford with a lot of vitamins and so on.

2) the best motivational video i can find to set up my mindset for the day

for example :

3) the best music i can find to set up the day as well and inspire me

4) i then read my journal with my goals, visions, philosophy, principles and look at the pictures of the life i want.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Wake up. Look at my phone. Bitch about Chinese people. Tell the dog to settle the hell down. Kiss the wife and then brush my teeth because Ill be genuinely annoyed by my breath by then. Shower. Walk downstairs stiffer and groaning like I thought I would do in my 60s. Coffee. Wall Street Journal. Then the fun begins. I hate mornings.

Recently started running 3 miles in the morning about every other day. It has suprisingly become enjoyable. Suprising for someone who hates excercising like myself. There is totally value in it however.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
i start the day like this :

1) the best organic breakfast i can afford with a lot of vitamins and so on.

2) the best motivational video i can find to set up my mindset for the day

for example :

3) the best music i can find to set up the day as well and inspire me

4) i then read my journal with my goals, visions, philosophy, principles and look at the pictures of the life i want.

This is nuts.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Internal clock wakes me up right before sunrise.
Go out on balcony to catch the sunrise.
Let the sun wash over my skin for about 30 minutes which energizes me.
Make bulletproof coffee. Drink bulletproof coffee.
Feed dogs.
Check emails.
Print shipping labels for customer orders.
Harass our mastermind group.
Work.
Work.
Hike.
Work.
Work.
;)

jaypi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 8, 2016
Nj
Aside from the inevitable morning piss, I open up my planner, read the priorities that I need to focus on to get to where I'd be like to be, read some good philosophy, write out a small plan (related to the priorities), then take action from there.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Wake up.

Put Action Music.

Take a bath.

Dress up like Oceans 11

Get to work.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
Dress up like Oceans 11

why? trying to achieve the best mindset is a good thing,but through clothing?? i dont agree.
if it suits you , nice.
is it needed for your job to dress like that?

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
why? trying to achieve the best mindset is a good thing,but through clothing?? i dont agree.
if it suits you , nice.
is it needed for your job to dress like that?

I work from home.

I was joking that i dress up like Oceans 11 lol, but I do dress formal every day when i am on my work desk.

I started dressing up nicely ever since I heard from a friend that a lot of billionaires used to do that when they started out. Amancio Ortega used to wear a blue blazer, white shirt and grey trousers all the time.

For me, it is easy to forget that I am working on my life when I work from home, and wearing formal gives me an impression that this is serious business.

But you don't have to do that. It works for me, and many other people.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
This is nuts.

LOL

in fact, this is only a small part of what eben pagan recommands in his wake up productive program

i don't do the whole program ! i am lazy

it would take me 2 hours every day just to start the day if i followed the whole thing !

i don't do :

sport,
meditation
washing my nose with special tools in order to breath better
listening to MP3 recording of my voice to reprogram my brain
and so on

the whole thing is unbelievable

if i was serious, i would do :

breakfast
stretching, bath
mp3 recording
video
music
read out loud the first chapter of napoleon hill's thing and grow rich ( barnes story)
read my journal as said before

the whole point is to reprogram myself for life

not just for the day

Bob proctor says that he has been reading think and grow rich EVERY DAY since 1961 !!!

Last edited:
G

Guest3722A

This morning I started with a dutch oven over my girlfriend's head. She's now up brewing the best f'n coffee you can imagine. A badass/tasty breakfast is on the way next (high protein/slow carb) and the rest of my day, as usual, will be focused on my project

Attachments

• IMG_20161002_090712.jpg
    IMG_20161002_090712.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Motivationcity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 24, 2016
Hey do you know what? The way you start the day can have lot of impact on that particular day.So you want to make sure you start the day as a champion not like a loser. Practise a morning routine,it doesn't matter if it is 15 minutes or 30 minutes somehow you want to make sure you start the day at your peak state.

For me working out,just calisthenics not weights followed by a cold shower is the usual way i start the day.

Here the key is becoming proactive not being reactive.:)

Just want to share what I know:cool:

1. When I wake up in the morning, I listen to this
    ">Motivational Video. Because what you do the first 15 minute of being awake will define your whole day.
  2. Morning Coffee
  3. If I have had any problems come up, I think about what I can do to solve them and how they help me grow. But I do not worry about them.
  4. I look at the problems that come up in my day, not as a negative but a positive experience. That means I never have a bad day, just a character building day. : )

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
as for the motivational video, article stuff, in my opinion its best to lay off external motivators when it comes to daily habits

The below is from a Wallstreet Blog which makes complete sense

"If you continue to use external factors like motivational videos, you will be giving the wrong person credit for your success"

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
as for the motivational video, article stuff, in my opinion its best to lay off external motivators when it comes to daily habits

Such motivation is like sugar. It's sweet and addictive and gives you that quick "feel good" thing, but it doesn't get the job done.

Stop consuming stupid shit like motivation videos. Motivate yourself.

tflfguy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 26, 2016
United States
Watching 2-3 videos and reading a few motivational passages = what...? 10-15 minutes EVERY DAY?
That's 3-5 hours per month.

Taking a page from Jim Rohn:
"When the WHY gets powerful the HOW gets easy."

Come up with your WHY and think about THAT to start your day.
(Shouldn't take more than 2-3 seconds.)

You'll get A LOT more done ;-)

Eugen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Feb 18, 2016
Meditate
Affirmations
Reading

After that I grab my laptop, go to a coffee shop and start working. I'm thinking of implementing more things on my morning routine, such as visualization, maybe a game of chess, and listening to something motivational.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.