The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Would You Modify THIS Capture Page To Convert Better?

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Hi everybody,

I just launched a fastlane business recently (4 weeks ago), around a really simple e-mail newsletter publishing model.

The biz model is simple...the focus is to build a massive e-mail list and deliver a really valuable newsletter to subscribers once per week...(free to sign up)

The plan to generate revenue currently is through selling advertising space in the newsletter as well as affiliate products, and live webinar trainings done by me.

(I know others who have a 100K person list who is sending an e-mail 6x/week and is charging advertisers $3600 a pop...) (He is only getting a 30% open rate)

Here is the sign up page that I am driving the majority of my traffic to that I need your help on improving.

Weekend Reading For Entrepreneurs and Marketers | ScottBradley.name

Background on the page so far...

Out of the gate the page was converting at 41%, but now the conversion rate has dropped to 25% (I think it is because the traffic is less qualified, and is mostly coming from my blog through using Ad-Impact scrolling sticky note). If you want to see what I am talking about you can go to ScottBradley.name (my blog) to see how I have positioned the funnel.

Normally I would love for the conversion rate it to hover around 50%...but want to hear your feedback about what you feel needs to be added/changed/modified to make it so.

Currently right now I am getting a 50%+ open rate on the e-mails that I send...which is unheard of around the topic of e-mail open rates...and have gotten some really positive feedback about what I am sending...so it is definitely adding value to those who are opening the e-mails!

Thanks in advance for your help!

I appreciate you.

-Scott Bradley

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For starters, switch your headline, subheadline.

Your headline should be the main benefit/hook. The subheadline should support the headline.

Example:
Headline: Learn How to Make Killer Profits In Just Minutes A Week, And For Free!
Subheadline:Grab Your Free Subscription to the Internet Intelligence Report

Recommendation: Change the Title of the newsletter to something more benefit oriented.
Recommendation: Figure out way to introduce scarcity/call to action into the subscription (invite, limit subscribes?)

Paul

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 17, 2011
If this was my landing page, I'd add a short video of myself:

- welcoming the prospect with a hook (make them interested)
- telling them you'll get straight into what this newsletter will do for them and then doing it (benefits)
- telling them to not miss this opportunity or they will have a disadvantage over other marketers (need)
- telling them that due to high demand, you do not know how long this newsletter will be free for new people (scarcity)
- telling them something along "see you on the other side" (befriending them)

Videos are converting really well and they are perceived as high value so maybe add a link to a video of you explaining details of something new to your newsletter from time to time?

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
MJ - I just added a new headline, and lead in copy before introducing the newsletter...and opt-in.

Thoughts on the changes?

I like the idea of possibly changing the newsletter title. Still marinating on that.

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Paul - Appreciate the suggestions.

I may think about split-testing a video.

I like the flow of your copy suggestions.

I am going to keep playing with this...I feel like I am still in "crack the code" mode.

I know it is part of the process, and that I will figure it out. It will just take time...

What do you think about the new tweaks I made?

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Cool to see another email newsletter. Great biz. Good stats too, but I'm pretty sure the open rate is good, not greatest.

Def. add sign up form above the fold as Steve suggested. Change dull background into a picture, would make it look more trustworthy. And speaking of that the domain .name is just bad... for branding and ad selling purposes having a different brand would be good and easily remembered.. I didn't get a short domain too but .name is just not cool.

Check out other newsletter sites to see how they do it. They are much more graphic, more website like and not traditional sales pages (Chicago | New | Thrillist, www.vitaljuice.com, UrbanDaddy | Restaurants & Bars | Nightlife Events from UrbanDaddy | International & US Travel, All Cities - DailyCandy, www. dailyworth.com)

Good testimonial, was surprised to see MJ in there :D

Good work

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Don't just guess - make sure you are tracking everything you are testing:

https://www.google.com/analytics/siteopt/splash?hl=en

Don't be afraid to try off the wall ideas.

Also, as MJ said, it's all about benefits. Another way to think of them is the results people will experience when they read your stuff, and the feelings they will feel when they attain those results.

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
I just took all of your feedback and made some changes to the page.

Don't worry, I am tracking everything.

I think the new layout and what I added better communicates the value of what people are getting when they sign up.

If this doesn't improve conversions, I am going to go the video at the top route.

Thoughts on the new changes?

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Does look much nicer. Btw I would underline not the fact that it's the only newsletter like that but the benefits for the people (..keeps up to date with...)..

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Does look much nicer. Btw I would underline not the fact that it's the only newsletter like that but the benefits for the people (..keeps up to date with...)..

I will definitely split test this too!

Thanks for the small tweak!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
'Weekend reading' sounds bit unserious to me... Would make it more brandable like 'Entrepreneurial Weekly', 'Entrepreneur's Digest' and when writing a sales pitch I'd write something like 'Must read stories from around the business world that increases your insight and wallet size!'

Something like that! :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.