The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How/where did you find the Fastlane to Millions?

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
What brought you to this great community here?

I found it from the RD Forums. I didn't really post there much, but I was on there lurking at the right time. Best decision of my life. :great: :thankyousign::love1:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
I was on LamboPower and some members were discussing business and someone mentioned TheFastLane as a good entrepreneurship forum, I thought I should check it because I was always looking for a good business forum but never really found one!! Also best decision of my life :coolgleamA:

Mdkid

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 27, 2008
Upper Marlboro, MD
I was on 6speedOnline forum and we have an Investments sub-forum and there was a thread about other business forums so we found this one.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I had an ongoing love/hate relationship with the RichDad forums for years, and was at my wits end with that place. Someone had a link to this utopia in their sig line, and I followed. Also the best decision of my life. Not only do I have a plan now, I have an accelerated plan. My eyes are now open. :notworthy:

MonstaFlex

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 26, 2008
I found it from the Rich Dad Forums too. I saw someone's signature there that said all the good people or people who know their "stuff" went here.

Best decision of my life as well. I never looked back (at the RD Forums, LOL). :smilielol:

The Fastlane To Millions rules! :banana:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I found this place in a disgruntled web posting from Russ H on the RD forum... he said something like, "Uhhh! What happened to this place? It's like a bunch of weeds!" ... so I went out and created a new garden from scratch and many of the great folks followed ... ;)

Thanks for all the great feedback and thanks Yanks for the topic !!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I saw a link from Russ on RD forums. Thanks Russ.:cheers:
I think the link I saw was either Russ or MJ -- maybe both. They were both contributors from before my time, though, so I didn't really know of the legends until I got here. :)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
It sounds like a lot of you saw my signature over at the richdad forums:

Ever wonder where all the RD forums regulars are going?
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/
Forums that focus on business, RE, investing, and financial freedom.
Garbage-free, spam-free. No politics, no crap.

Here's the original thread on richdad, which lead to the birth of the fastlane forums:

Richdad Forums: Why are we still here?

Even though the entire post was about bringing the forums back on topic, the mods obviously saw it as harmful-- they put it in the "off topic" section, where only the political posts, conspiracy theorists and spammers go!!!!

Sad, really. :shrugs:

MJ, you have my sincere and heartfelt thanks for providing such an amazing place to learn and grow!

:hurray::wave::hurray::wave::hurray:

-Russ H.

bflash98

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
I found a link in the RD forums a couple of years ago to shaunre real estate blog. I then found a link on shauns blog to biophases blog and then I found a link on biophases blog to the Fast Lane Forums. And that is how I arrived to the FastLane...

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
For several years, I frequented an exotic-car forum in awe of the cars I had dreamed of owning my entire life, and in admiration of the owners there who drove them. Although I read MUCH more then I posted back then (I was and still am a small fish in a big pond), I began to make friends there and was able to pick the minds of some of the people I aspired to be like. Over time, a few of the members reached out to help me and began sharing basic business principles with me, as well as giving me advice on LIFE in general and the path I should be on to success. One of the members who reached out to help me back then, was this sites founder, MJ. :notworthy:

I continued to follow his advice, and began to realize that almost everything I had been taught while growing up (from my parents advice about going as far as I can in school, to working as hard as I can to make as much money as possible at my job, etc.) was WRONG. I had been steered so far off course in my life and my 4 short years as an adult (I was 22 at the time), I really don’t know where I would be right now if I hadn’t joined that forum and met guys like Mike, AJGlobal, and some of the other members on that board. I was 22 at the time, living in an apartment, driving a car I was POURING unnecessary money into (chrome rims, fancy stereos, performance mods, etc.), and slowly digging myself into credit card debt that would have eventually ruined me for a decade. All the while, I was wearing fancy dress clothes and an expensive watch to work, showering my long-term GF with expensive gifts at every holiday, and eager to show the world I was "making it". Concepts such as "delaying gratification" were foreign words to me, and I was oblivious to the realization that, "NO ONE WAS GOING TO HAND ME A LAMBORGHINI". If I wanted it, I was going to have to GO OUT AND GET IT!

Looking back, I remember having that epiphany one weekend. The day it ALL became clear to me, and when years of misleading information became as transparent as a crystal vase. After realizing my mistakes and taking immediate action to correct them, I began to realize how fast momentum can build when you truly believe in yourself, and when you decide then and there that NOTHING is going to stop you.

Years later, when Mike started this forum and casually mentioned it one day on that same exotic forum...you couldn’t have paid me to stay away. :fastlane: :cheers:

Making the decision to change and to take action, is the best decision you will ever make. :thumbsup:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
For several years, I frequented an exotic-car forum in awe of the cars I had dreamed of owning my entire life, and in admiration of the owners there who drove them. Although I read MUCH more then I posted back then (I was and still am a small fish in a big pond), I began to make friends there and was able to pick the minds of some of the people I aspired to be like. Over time, a few of the members reached out to help me and began sharing basic business principles with me, as well as giving me advice on LIFE in general and the path I should be on to success. One of the members who reached out to help me back then, was this sites founder, MJ. :notworthy:

I continued to follow his advice, and began to realize that almost everything I had been taught while growing up (from my parents advice about going as far as I can in school, to working as hard as I can to make as much money as possible at my job, etc.) was WRONG. I had been steered so far off course in my life and my 4 short years as an adult (I was 22 at the time), I really don’t know where I would be right now if I hadn’t joined that forum and met guys like Mike, AJGlobal, and some of the other members on that board. I was 22 at the time, living in an apartment, driving a car I was POURING unnecessary money into (chrome rims, fancy stereos, performance mods, etc.), and slowly digging myself into credit card debt that would have eventually ruined me for a decade. All the while, I was wearing fancy dress clothes and an expensive watch to work, showering my long-term GF with expensive gifts at every holiday, and eager to show the world I was "making it". Concepts such as "delaying gratification" were foreign words to me, and I was oblivious to the realization that, "NO ONE WAS GOING TO HAND ME A LAMBORGHINI". If I wanted it, I was going to have to GO OUT AND GET IT!

Looking back, I remember having that epiphany one weekend. The day it ALL became clear to me, and when years of misleading information became as transparent as a crystal vase. After realizing my mistakes and taking immediate action to correct them, I began to realize how fast momentum can build when you truly believe in yourself, and when you decide then and there that NOTHING is going to stop you.

Years later, when Mike started this forum and casually mentioned it one day on that same exotic forum...you couldn’t have paid me to stay away. :fastlane: :cheers:

Making the decision to change and to take action, is the best decision you will ever make. :thumbsup:
Great story! Sounds like the preface to your Success Story!

Interestingly enough, your post in one of the other threads from a discussion with Rawr was what prompted me to start this thread.

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Rich Dad... after joining I went to Rich Dad less and less. now I don't even check the site.

Tom

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I got lucky and found it on myspace.

fast_track_chaz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 23, 2009

Here's the original thread on richdad, which lead to the birth of the fastlane forums:

Even though the entire post was about bringing the forums back on topic, the mods obviously saw it as harmful-- they put it in the "off topic" section, where only the political posts, conspiracy theorists and spammers go!!!!

MJ, you have my sincere and heartfelt thanks for providing such an amazing place to learn and grow!

-Russ H.

That was the sig that brought me here. After I finished reading RDPD (first book), I went to the forum and noticed how spammy it was...then saw the sig stated above and joined this site.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I found this fantastic forum through the resources section on JScotts' blog.

Thanks to both MJ and JScott for maintaining such informative venues.

All the best,
Anthony

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I'd also like to give props to all of the members of this forum who take the time to comment/critique/educate those who are hardworking but less knowledgeable about certain areas of business and life.

Your thoughts and ideas are very much appreciated.

Regards,
Anthony

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

-Russ H.

That was the sig that brought me here. After I finished reading RDPD (first book), I went to the forum and noticed how spammy it was...then saw the sig stated above and joined this site.

I find this to be the greatest irony of my relationship w/Rich dad.

I worked for years to make the rich dad forums a great place to get good info.

And I never, ever got support from richdad.

When we all met Robert Kiyosaki, and he yelled at us and called us "losers!" for spending our time on the internet, it all made sense.

So using the richdad forums to tell others about a better site-- this one-- the one MJ started in order to help the disenfranchised rich-dadders (among others)-- is truly poetic justice.

Gotta like that.

Thanks, RK, for telling us how you felt. :tiphat:

The derision and ridicule you dumped on your most loyal and fervent forum members helped build these forums with quality people.

-Russ H.

unicon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 23, 2008
Being old school and technically ignorant about computers and programming this is very interesting to hear that MJ just wipped this up after being pushed by Russ!

Initially I just got on msn to learn how to chat and put people on, but never found any real credibility on any chat or anything truely educational.

RK was a revolutionary author and searched out the chat hoping it would be educational, fastlane was referenced in that forum.

The setup, organization, and goals of fastlane was very simple in presentation and extremely well organized and easy to use which is customer or user attractive. What turned me off about msn was that they started charging money.

The formula and subject matter here is universal and when I first started never paid attention to the speed stuff, the thanks, the personal stuff but the user friendly aspect got me involved a little at a time. I got curious about the numbers and patterns this thing keeps track of. It is quite self perpetuating aside from the perfect subject matter (universal importance).

Russ also pushed me initially when he said "No more parking for you" and at the time I said to myself what the heck is he talking about? I was just posting here and there and didn't pay attention to the whole speed thing, it was just strictly conversation and education for me. Now one is more into the computer organization, feedback, measurement, and a research device for new information.

This forum is very well centered and others point out other web pages I would not find on my own - it serves as a filtering tool. This is a high efficiency tool.

Russ, I do not know if you have read all of RKs books but he uses the "Loser" term referenced by a military authority who taught him to kick the loser out of him during his helicopter rides with regard to life and death decisions. I believe he fell in love with the word.

snaepil

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Nov 6, 2009
I found it through thevault forum and since then losing my sleeping time significantly since I am trying to digest as much wisdom as possible every night from this site.

GuestAcct-10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 9, 2009
I found it because I had the idea to make a website similar to this and then when I was googling to see if there was anything already out there, I found this. I'm actually glad that this one already existed because if I hadn't read what I have read on here in the past few days I know that my website would have failed.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
this is very interesting to hear that MJ just wipped this up after being pushed by Russ!

Russ didn't push me, but he clarified the opportunity (NEED!) that existed and I jumped at it knowing that I wanted to write a book eventually. I guess RK in his internet ignorance didn't know the power of keeping his users happy -- happy users = traffic and traffic = leverage.

The rest is history.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Agreed.

It was more like a call for help.

I was just frustrated, and had no idea what to do next.

I had seen dozens of really good people leave the rd forums over the prior 3 years-- and I just wanted to stop the losses. The community was falling apart.

In my wildest dreams I never would have expected a new website formed, and so many of the really good people moving here.

And I never expected MJ to do something like this. I didn't know his background-- only knew him from the general business advice he gave on the rd forums, which was not web specific. AND-- he'd been silent on the forums for about a year-- I had considered him another "loss" (so I really was shocked when he responded to my "Why are we here?" post-- b/c he'd been GONE from the forums!

I've had a lot of really great things happen in my life.

These forums are definitely one of those things. :)

-Russ H.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
I found it because someone posted MJs story (the version he published at the Lamboforum) in another forum and also noted that "this guy" (MJ) was also active in a cool business forum.:smxG:

unicon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 23, 2008
MJ - you sell yourself short, you can't build on happy!!

You can only leverage substance, Obama sells happy!

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
I found The FastLane to Millions almost 2 years ago on the Rich Dad forum. I remember reading some of MJ's posts and then spotted his signature. The rest is history.... :urock2:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...