The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How true is the statement "life begins at 15% bodyfat"?

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jun 2, 2023
I have heard this a few times fairly recently. This is regarding men, not women. I have been obese all of my life and I'm now losing weight to achieve this number or lower and see for myself. I think the statement is made in regards to dating, but maybe it could just be about life in general at 15 percent or lower.

What do you guys think? What is your experience with this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JUAREZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 24, 2019
I have stopped looking for truth and instead I have start looking for what is useful. Is it useful to think that life begins there? Well, imo, it's not. It is more useful to focus on becoming better at taking care of your body and check how you feel. Truth is relative, depending on who you ask.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
I have heard this a few times fairly recently. This is regarding men, not women. I have been obese all of my life and I'm now losing weight to achieve this number or lower and see for myself. I think the statement is made in regards to dating, but maybe it could just be about life in general at 15 percent or lower.

Mostly true, if you are young and male, but you should start doing sports and living healthy and then see how you feel. Don't get focussed on just one number.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

I am at ~14% rn and its the point where everything starts being defined. Not quiet abs level unless god genetics but its the point where you start to not just look ok but actually good to some extent.

Its also really comforable and healthy to be at for 99% of people.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
I think a better statement is "Life begins when you control your body fat %" or better "Life begins when you control every aspect of your life, even things that are not your fault". Whether that be choosing to be over 30% or below 10%. Or even 15%.

You choose what you want to be.

I've been single-digit body fat and depressed at the same because I wasn't making progress in other areas of my life other than going to the gym.

So guess what happened? After getting into sick shape, and running around shirtless at parties, I stop going to the gym because I didn't see the point.

At the time, I also felt like I was not in control of my life since all I had going on for me was the gym. No business. A toxic relationship I can't seem to get out of. And a group of friends who were busily sedating their minds with games every day.

(talk about a shitty environment!)

I'm technically clinically obese right now because I bulk up to gain size and strength at the gym after losing all my muscle during covid. I live a pretty boring life. I have almost zero "fun" friends other than 1 or 2 who I go hiking or hit the gym with. Besides this forum, I spend most of my time working and looking up random tutorials on youtube.

Sounds boring and sad AF right? I should be unhappy, right?

Nah. The thing is I am happiest right now because I am progressing at the gym, working on my business, and controlling every aspect of my life because I choose to.

All because I said, "Imma do it. I'm not going to wait anymore. I'm in control".

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Jan 18, 2022

Nah, bruv. Life begins when you stop giving a F*ck about what other people say and think about you and your life. There are obvious benefits to being fit, of course: confidence boost, healthier, easier to find better/nicer clothes, etc.

That said, I'm fat as shit. Not "holy shit, how is he still alive!?" fat, but at 5'9", I've been 60-80lbs overweight my entire life (despite being in Muay Thai and boxing for 14+ years :p). I hit a triple digit body count in my mid 20s before turning to abstinence. I have slept with women that were (and still are) out of my league x1,000,000. You don't have to believe me. Though I will point out I still have all of the flash drives. And this isn't bragging, especially considering how much emotional and psychological damage my former sex life caused, and how difficult it was recovering from sex addiction.

If you want to be fit, then be fit. If you're cool being overweight, be overweight. Just don't be that person that links their body type to their happiness. It never ends well. Finally, the entire point of my response and sharing my experiences with you was to build to a quote. A quote that I have more or less lived my entire life by, despite the fact I have no idea where it comes from. I hope this quote helps you as much as it has helped me over the years.

"The only limitations we have are the ones we create for ourselves."

Cheers.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I think if you are obese and losing weight, you will see drastic changes in your life way before 15%. I mean 30% or 25% will look damn good. This is just my opinion, but if all you do is get to 15% BF and there is nothing else going on in your life. Life will be the same as before.

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jun 2, 2023
I think if you are obese and losing weight, you will see drastic changes in your life way before 15%. I mean 30% or 25% will look damn good. This is just my opinion, but if all you do is get to 15% BF and there is nothing else going on in your life. Life will be the same as before.
Thanks

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I think a better statement is "Life begins when you control your body fat %" or better "Life begins when you control every aspect of your life, even things that are not your fault". Whether that be choosing to be over 30% or below 10%. Or even 15%.

You choose what you want to be.

I've been single-digit body fat and depressed at the same because I wasn't making progress in other areas of my life other than going to the gym.

So guess what happened? After getting into sick shape, and running around shirtless at parties, I stop going to the gym because I didn't see the point.

At the time, I also felt like I was not in control of my life since all I had going on for me was the gym. No business. A toxic relationship I can't seem to get out of. And a group of friends who were busily sedating their minds with games every day.

(talk about a shitty environment!)

I'm technically clinically obese right now because I bulk up to gain size and strength at the gym after losing all my muscle during covid. I live a pretty boring life. I have almost zero "fun" friends other than 1 or 2 who I go hiking or hit the gym with. Besides this forum, I spend most of my time working and looking up random tutorials on youtube.

Sounds boring and sad AF right? I should be unhappy, right?

Nah. The thing is I am happiest right now because I am progressing at the gym, working on my business, and controlling every aspect of my life because I choose to.

All because I said, "Imma do it. I'm not going to wait anymore. I'm in control".

Good story. Congrats on turning your life and mindset around. That ain't easy and that type of accomplishment doesn't often even get recognized.

So again I say...

Congrats!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
look at what a fat F*ck trump is - yet do you think that SOB has done anything but live life to the fullest?

Having a great life as a man is the result of being recognized for your huge achievements, not by being the prettiest.

But yeah you should still stop being obese and get jacked.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Health benefits is more focus on vis fat.

Dating wise getting ripped or muscular impress guys not girls. If you are tall you have a natural unfair advantage where you can even look more okay even being somewhat overweight but not too fat. If you are shorter you need optimize everything else (built and body fat) with style.

Life begins when you actually start to monitor progress. Get yourself on weighing scale daily is where life starts.

Being a nicer person with good character actually helps you look better. Your faces does change over time. I know a pair of twin brothers who look quite different now. If you are angsty and nasty and these built into some forms of facial distortion.

Nice and generous dudes grow more handsome faces.

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I've been training for almost a decade consistently with great dieting, so I feel I can give some insight here.

I have tried to use my looks as a way to make dating work, but there's a caveat.

Your looks just get you in the door.

You can be the best looking guy but if you can't talk up when talking is needed, she'll opt for a more out-of-shape guy who can talk.

But if you want me to be totally blunt and honest, people do respect you more when you are in good shape - attractiveness does become an unfair advantage.

But the problem is when you become obsessed with looks and body fat. Want to become miserable? Just stare at the scale on a daily basis.

Screw all of that.

It's about being healthy and thriving and feeling good, not about looking like some supermodel.

I would take looking "good" over being shredded to the gills (I've been in both scenarios) all day every day.

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jun 2, 2023
I've been training for almost a decade consistently with great dieting, so I feel I can give some insight here.

I have tried to use my looks as a way to make dating work, but there's a caveat.

Your looks just get you in the door.

You can be the best looking guy but if you can't talk up when talking is needed, she'll opt for a more out-of-shape guy who can talk.

But if you want me to be totally blunt and honest, people do respect you more when you are in good shape - attractiveness does become an unfair advantage.

But the problem is when you become obsessed with looks and body fat. Want to become miserable? Just stare at the scale on a daily basis.

Screw all of that.

It's about being healthy and thriving and feeling good, not about looking like some supermodel.

I would take looking "good" over being shredded to the gills (I've been in both scenarios) all day every day.
Thanks

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jun 2, 2023
Health benefits is more focus on vis fat.

Dating wise getting ripped or muscular impress guys not girls. If you are tall you have a natural unfair advantage where you can even look more okay even being somewhat overweight but not too fat. If you are shorter you need optimize everything else (built and body fat) with style.

Life begins when you actually start to monitor progress. Get yourself on weighing scale daily is where life starts.

Being a nicer person with good character actually helps you look better. Your faces does change over time. I know a pair of twin brothers who look quite different now. If you are angsty and nasty and these built into some forms of facial distortion.

Nice and generous dudes grow more handsome faces.
Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.