The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to withdraw from Paypal without using Paypal?

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how I can withdraw USD from my Paypal account without actually using Paypals withdraw feature. See I am in Australia, and Paypal force changes my money to AUD from USD whenever I withdraw, at their own silly rates.

I can withdraw it in USD if I have a US SOIL* Bank Account, however I cannot get a US bank account because this implies frustrating Tax issues, since my money will be in the US if I did that.

Payoneer does not work.

So basically I am looking for a way to take out (even small amounts) of USD. For example, one method that works (but too costly) is paying yourself on Upwork, then using Upworks withdraw feature to wire the USD to your USD Foreign Currency Account (so a USD account in Australia).

Perhaps there is like a currency trading product out there that'll do this? Or some weird method.

I'm going travelling next year and I'd like to make purchases from my Payoneer card, and be charged a conversion from USD, since USD is raw to me, (where as AUD is what I get after converting the raw USD).

Any methods, I'll be absolutely appreciative of.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Just send them a self addressed & stamped envelope. Ask them to put the cash inside & return via snail mail.

;)

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
You said payoneer doesn't work. How about WorldFirst?
That would give you a US bank account.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
You said payoneer doesn't work. How about WorldFirst?
That would give you a US bank account.

I use Worldfirst regularly to pay suppliers. When you book a trade you fund it either by direct debit of your bank account, or by wire transfer.

So the question to find out is if your paypal account has a bank account number and routing number (I don't think so... ?) to do direct debit, and I think you would also need this if you were going to send a wire transfer.

I'm thinking Worldfirst is probably a no go.

Bananas

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 1, 2014
Texas
Is it possible to buy something like American Express traveler's checks with Paypal? That way you could receive the checks in US dollars and exchange them on your own time frame.

Or is it possible to do a currency conversion inside Paypal, and you could at least choose the day of conversion, even if the rate isn't as great as you normally receive?

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
I use Worldfirst regularly to pay suppliers. When you book a trade you fund it either by direct debit of your bank account, or by wire transfer.

So the question to find out is if your paypal account has a bank account number and routing number (I don't think so... ?) to do direct debit, and I think you would also need this if you were going to send a wire transfer.

I'm thinking Worldfirst is probably a no go.
I have only used it with when I sold on Amazon and needed a US bank account. My guess would be, you open up an account there, go to paypal, enter that new Bank account in there, make wire transfer, add a second bank account on your WorldFirst account (the one in your home) and transfer it to that one.

I would say that should work, but then again who knows, at least worth a try.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
There many online traders that exchange currencies. Your problem is that you have PayPal. PayPal allows complaints/chargebacks for up to 180 days and their policies favor the sender. Due to this risk, you will pay a high fee to exchange your PayPal funds.

Why do you need USD?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.