The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Use Two KDP Accounts Without Being Suspended

Cyberseraph

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 18, 2013
Germany
Hello fellow publishers,

I started self-publishing about one year ago. Now my girlfriend is hooked and wants to do the same. She would like to open her own KDP account, with a different address and tax id number. However she will log in to her KDP account from my place, using my ip address from time to time.

It is clearly against KDP policy to have multiple KDP accounts. As we know Amazon does ip-address checks. Is there any danger that Amazon will falsely think I have a multiple account and suspend it?

It would be great if someone here has experience with using two different KDP accounts, with different address by sharing the same internet access. I've read horror stories about suspended accounts. Please share your experience here if you know how to make it work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hello fellow publishers,

I started self-publishing about one year ago. Now my girlfriend is hooked and wants to do the same. She would like to open her own KDP account, with a different address and tax id number. However she will log in to her KDP account from my place, using my ip address from time to time.

It is clearly against KDP policy to have multiple KDP accounts. As we know Amazon does ip-address checks. Is there any danger that Amazon will falsely think I have a multiple account and suspend it?

It would be great if someone here has experience with using two different KDP accounts, with different address by sharing the same internet access. I've read horror stories about suspended accounts. Please share your experience here if you know how to make it work.

There's a lot of material on the web regarding this subject. You will find people here reluctant to post much on this subject, but the information you are seeking is easy to find on Google.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
Just write them in your KDP author dashboard.
I have asked them this question 3 times and received 3 different answers!
The last one was "Yes - you may indeed have different accounts."
However I have not tried it yet since I got 3 different answers.
Try it, they don't bite.
Let us know what they say this time!

p.s.
My question was to specifically make 2 different BILLING accounts to keep profits of different pen names apart.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I use one account. I can tell you most of them get suspended because they're being paid to write reviews. They do it on face book and make friends with other authors and reviewers, and whoever is on your list they can tell your friends. And writing false reviews. They trace your links from face book when those books are promoted. And I've lost reviews when these people get caught. They don't read the books and leave reviews that have nothing to do with the content. There's all kinds of games they play with reviews, and probably why I don't rush into reviews because if it's done the wrong way, you're gone.

And of course you can find them on twitter and fivver trying to sell you, your reviews. And the virtual assistant is the one who usually ends up getting screwed, because they're bugging people for reviews and get in trouble for spamming because the person who they work for wants a specific amount of reviews now, and today. And the mistakes I see them doing is asking for verification etc when asking for reviews. All that has links to Amazon. Don't be dumb.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If I were the venues and wanted to catch cheaters, I would advertise on Fiverr my cheater services, and then suspend people who used it.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
If I were the venues and wanted to catch cheaters, I would advertise on Fiverr my cheater services, and then suspend people who used it.
That would be smart. I know some of them do get traced back there as well. I think right off the bat the first month I learned Amazon was tracking me to my website and face books without even reviews being a part of it. Just the fact they check to see if your books are somewhere else, or what you're doing. lol Obviously people don't pay attention to these things.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA

Haha, they would probably make enough money from that to pay the staff they have dedicated to it.

Hello fellow publishers,

I have two KDP accounts. One I use, the other I never actually used for publishing (just set it up and then used my other login for actually publishing books). I've also logged (repeatedly, over the course of more than a year) in to several other KDP accounts from my house (for author clients) and no one has ever had any problems from it, nor have I. I think that if you have completely different banking info, names, and e-mail addresses, it wouldn't be an issue.

That said, it is something to think about. But if your girlfriend is serious about writing/publishing, I wouldn't let this be a reason that she doesn't do it. This whole conversation is a lesson about CONTROL (reference the Fastlane Milionaire). That this is even an issue is a good enough reason to have a backup plan for marketing your books (and hers), and for having other ways to drive readers.

It's kind of like getting suspended by Google Adsense. This happened to me a few years ago and it was quite a shock - especially because I wasn't doing anything wrong at all.

Just my two cents! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyberseraph

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 18, 2013
Germany
Thanks everyone for your replies. Today I've a got a reply from the German KDP Support. I have translated it in English here:

"In this case it would be two different KDP-Accounts registered under different email address and passwords, right?
If this is the case then of course you can use the same internet connection.
Just imagine, all KDP users who are using the same internet cafe would get in trouble - this is of course not the case.
Multiple accounts are KDP accounts that have the same address, phone number, email address or similar and are therefore assigned to the same owner."
--------------------

That's the KDP support reply and it makes sense now. I hope it helps others who are having similar concerns.

@mayana - Yes, it is a very good lesson about CONTROL. Not being dependent on Amazon is my long term goal.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
P.S. don't forget gumroad.com for publishing books too, it's awesome and my "low earning" books earn much more on gumroad than on amazon.
You can sell directly on your website with the gumroad overlay. AND they have small product labs hosted by industry big guns.
Try'em - you'll like em!

D

Deleted0x8687

I realize this is an old thread, but a legal way to get two KDP accounts and not have to worry about it is this:

KDP #1: Open one as yourself/individual. Your home address, phone number, etc.
KDP #2: Open an LLC with a different address. Look into forming it in Wyoming or Nevada for the advantages they offer.

aqsa

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 14, 2021
Thanks everyone for your replies. Today I've a got a reply from the German KDP Support. I have translated it in English here:

"In this case it would be two different KDP-Accounts registered under different email address and passwords, right?
If this is the case then of course you can use the same internet connection.
Just imagine, all KDP users who are using the same internet cafe would get in trouble - this is of course not the case.
Multiple accounts are KDP accounts that have the same address, phone number, email address or similar and are therefore assigned to the same owner."
--------------------

That's the KDP support reply and it makes sense now. I hope it helps others who are having similar concerns.

@mayana - Yes, it is a very good lesson about CONTROL. Not being dependent on Amazon is my long term goal.
I want to know can i use same laptop same bank account details but different name email for multiple account

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.