The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to turn Fitness into a profitable business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

KingJones

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 11, 2016
Not to brag but ive been lifting for over 7 years now and I know that I have a better physique and am stronger than the average male. I started lifting when i was 14 ( now 21) so this is something that ive worked on for awhile. The reason im even considering starting a business is because i think i can be one of the most known fitness gurus in the world. Think of the likes of CT Fletcher, Mike Rashid, Chris Jones, etc... How do i turn my skill of physical fitness into a profitable business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jaypi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 8, 2016
Nj
Not to brag but ive been lifting for over 7 years now and I know that I have a better physique and am stronger than the average male. I started lifting when i was 14 ( now 21) so this is something that ive worked on for awhile. The reason im even considering starting a business is because i think i can be one of the most known fitness gurus in the world. Think of the likes of CT Fletcher, Mike Rashid, Chris Jones, etc... How do i turn my skill of physical fitness into a profitable business?
Hate to burst your bragging rights, but you'll need more credentials than 'seven years' of lifting weight. Much more. You'll need to dig deeper into your skills surrounding the fitness industry to attract a huge audience for an opportunity to profit. Do you compete? Have you competed against any top names? Do you have an audience that supports your values/testimonials? There's plenty out there on social media who don't mind the labor of love, IG users with over 50k posting nothing but shirtless pics (or booty pics with a bit of triceps for the women) with dried out, redundant motivation quotes.

Also, CT Fletcher is just has that boot-camp mentality with big arms. I dunno Mike Rashid. And I'll give credit to Chris Jones for his work.

Excuse my little rant. That's just my perception on the fitness industry today. Anyways, take action and work from there. Find your audience. Attract them with a taste of value that fills their needs and sell your product/service from there.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Compete, get sponsors, win national awards. Then you can build a business around being a fitness guru.

Or, don't become a guru and actually do something to provide value.

What are things that you think "this could be easier, this could be done differently, I could do this better" when it comes to working out, going to the gym, or dieting?

G

GuestUser155

Hate to burst your bragging rights, but you'll need more credentials than 'seven years' of lifting weight. Much more. You'll need to dig deeper into your skills surrounding the fitness industry to attract a huge audience for an opportunity to profit. Do you compete? Have you competed against any top names? Do you have an audience that supports your values/testimonials? There's plenty out there on social media who don't mind the labor of love, IG users with over 50k posting nothing but shirtless pics (or booty pics with a bit of triceps for the women) with dried out, redundant motivation quotes.

Also, CT Fletcher is just has that boot-camp mentality with big arms. I dunno Mike Rashid. And I'll give credit to Chris Jones for his work.

Excuse my little rant. That's just my perception on the fitness industry today. Anyways, take action and work from there. Find your audience. Attract them with a taste of value that fills their needs and sell your product/service from there.

What's your bench. 2.5 plate?

jaypi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 8, 2016
Nj
What's your bench. 2.5 plate?
Yup, those bright, pink plates that sit along with the pretty, colorful dumbbells on the corner while doing leg raises to burn over 100 kcals per set.

To be real: 345lb. paused max.

Hvazquez07

Sales Funnel Strategist Expert
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
I've helped business growing rapidly in various industries, and it all comes back to the same: give away TONS of value, and give people an opportunity to connect with you (social media, email marketing, Facebook group, etc.).

The most important point here is to document your journey through fitness from your own perspective and experience. And give away all of your learnings and experience for free. Then you can craft a product with some of the big names or even sell an affiliate product, but the main keyword here is platform and following.

Best way to start: Make a quick video tutorial or PDF that you give away for an email address. Send paid advertising to it and market affiliate products via email. Then you can develop your own stuff, but that's where I'd start.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Compete, get sponsors, win national awards. Then you can build a business around being a fitness guru.

Or, don't become a guru and actually do something to provide value.

What are things that you think "this could be easier, this could be done differently, I could do this better" when it comes to working out, going to the gym, or dieting?
About half of my friends are big and profitable in fitness industry and your advice is actually the very opposite of what really works.
One of my own businesses is in premium fitness and personal development niche.

Competing is only worth it if you're in for 1st/2nd place or if you make your appearance look like event. Get a crew to shoot a video for your blog, vlog or website, personal photographer who will make photos that represent you in the best possible look and make sure you have prepared the best physique and conditioning you can possible come up with.
Otherwise it's a waste of time.

Never get sponsors in a common manner.
I.e. don't sell your a$$ for pennies so you won't look like an idiot who always wears some cheap-a$$ merch, whos instagram is full of cheap-a$$ advertising and etcetera.
Once you build a decent physique - strive to become a name for bigger, actually serious clothing brands: either premium fitness brands who pay big, or fashion brands. Try yourself as an actor (must-do) and use every opportunity to work as a model for even bigger brands, even it means free work.

Bodybuilding and fitness is 100% relationship-based business. Being fintess guru is useless in 2016-2017>, being personal trainer in non-premium segment (or I'd say in any personal training segment, you should position within personal development for 10x bigger numbers) is a waste of time and work for pennies.

OP is a waste of space, but I wanted to make this thread at least somewhat useful for people who actually want to make it in fitness industry.
There is about zero good information on this subject on the internet.

Last edited:

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I've helped business growing rapidly in various industries, and it all comes back to the same: give away TONS of value.
BS. It's a direct road to build a slowlane business in fitness industry.
Your only assets are your body, your superior and most-wanted look overall and your ability to sell yourself to people who are willing to pay big. You don't need to give away or produce any value at all in this business.
Average business-guru bs doesn't work here.

Last edited:

Hvazquez07

Sales Funnel Strategist Expert
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
BS. It's a direct road to build a slowlane business in fitness industry.
Your only assets are your body, your superior and most-wanted look overall and your ability to sell yourself to people who are willing to pay big. You don't need to give away or produce any value at all in this business.
Average business-guru bs doesn't work here.

If you think YOU need to be the one giving out value instead of your company to create rapport, even with those people that are willing to "pay big", then of course non of the "guru bs" will work for you, cause you'll be doing all of the work. Definitely shortsighted and weak thought process.

You said it here:

Get a crew to shoot a video for your blog, vlog or website, personal photographer who will make photos that represent you in the best possible look and make sure you have prepared the best physique and conditioning you can possible come up with.

You're giving value to people since you're inspiring them to be better or throw money at you. In any case, you're building a platform. If you want to think mid term and build a real business, then yeah you'll need to give away value, just as MJ did with his book and pretty much all of the fitness guys out there did. Good luck pal.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
I have a client in the online fitness niche.

Bedros Keuilian should shed a light on this business for you.

He puts out a lot of good, free content.

Check his stuff out.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
If you think YOU need to be the one giving out value instead of your company to create rapport, even with those people that are willing to "pay big", then of course non of the "guru bs" will work for you, cause you'll be doing all of the work. Definitely shortsighted and weak thought process.

You said it here:

You're giving value to people since you're inspiring them to be better or throw money at you. In any case, you're building a platform. If you want to think mid term and build a real business, then yeah you'll need to give away value, just as MJ did with his book and pretty much all of the fitness guys out there did. Good luck pal.
Clueless/10.

Ignored.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I wouldn't do it. I've read quite a bit over the years on all aspects of lifting. In the end, its all rehashed versions of the same thing.

I know a guy, however, that has specialized in doing personal training for a particular section of the market (those with a particular debilitating disease). He has a website and is starting to make a name for himself - some of his clients transformations are legendary - taking someone from literally barely able to move to being a fully-functioning person. Now that kind of thing has potential. There are a few million people with this disease, so the market potential is pretty nice

Yet another, 'how to get big muscles' product/blog/website/training program/what have you, is a waste of time. Unless you can be that top .0005% (as a nod to Rich Piana). But then you need to pump yourself with all different kinds of oil, so nevermind.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

lol

Start a "Progress Thread". Ask how to start in your "Progress Thread".

lol

ztsvV7K.gif

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
If you do it, be unique.

Just please don't be a fitness F*ckboi

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
Like other people above have said, you have to provide MASSIVE VALUE! YouTube is the perfect place to do this as you can put up videos answering common questions, giving people advice or tips, showing your full workouts. Any type of content that can help your target market get results is what you need to put out.

Do this enough and you'll become an authority figure in your space and everything will grow from there...

JayMakaveli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 2, 2016
Most successful fitness entrepreneurs I know of have either franchised boot camp programs or have personally been coached by fitness gurus like 'Paul Check & Charles Poliquin' to further their knowledge into becoming credible coaches for champion athletes. After establishing themselves they've created fitness seminars/coaching and over the phone coaching which is available through a link on their website. I believe the going rate was around $200 p/h.

This was just to name a few that have succeeded in the line of fitness, but there are countless ways if you put your mind to it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.