The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Test an MVP?

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Hey all! Currently punching my head against a wall because I can't seem to get past this stage.

It seems that the most common answer for this is "build a landing page and start advertising," however, not many dive into much more detail than that.

What services do you use for your landing page?
How do you start advertising?
What other methods are there for testing an MVP?

I'm looking at building the highest-quality audio course available for the Afrikaans language. I have recorded the first hour of the audio, and plan to release that as the MVP (Minimum Viable Product.)

The goal of my website will be to see if people are willing to pre-pay for my course. (I figure the demand is a given, as 1000+ people search for "afrikaans course" every month. The goal is to capture some of that traffic and have them pre-pay for a full course.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MR_T

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 4, 2015
Sweden
Hey all! Currently punching my head against a wall because I can't seem to get past this stage.

It seems that the most common answer for this is "build a landing page and start advertising," however, not many dive into much more detail than that.

What services do you use for your landing page?
How do you start advertising?
What other methods are there for testing an MVP?

I'm looking at building the highest-quality audio course available for the Afrikaans language. I have recorded the first hour of the audio, and plan to release that as the MVP (Minimum Viable Product.)

The goal of my website will be to see if people are willing to pre-pay for my course. (I figure the demand is a given, as 1000+ people search for "afrikaans course" every month. The goal is to capture some of that traffic and have them pre-pay for a full course.)

You can either do the entire process yourself or use a MVP service like www.quickmvp.com to set it up.

Landing page: This is done in HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You probably need some sort of storage for email collection like a sql database. Simplest would be to code it in PHP for instance. But it requires some programming skills.
Then you will need a web server (hostgator for instance) and buy a domain (namecheap for instance) like www.learnafrikaans.com or something. You will deploy your landing page on the web server and you are then ready to advertise.

Advertising: there are different channels to advertise. For instance Google AdWords or Facebook ads. It is up to you!

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
You can either do the entire process yourself or use a MVP service like www.quickmvp.com to set it up.

Landing page: This is done in HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You probably need some sort of storage for email collection like a sql database. Simplest would be to code it in PHP for instance. But it requires some programming skills.
Then you will need a web server (hostgator for instance) and buy a domain (namecheap for instance) like www.learnafrikaans.com or something. You will deploy your landing page on the web server and you are then ready to advertise.

Advertising: there are different channels to advertise. For instance Google AdWords or Facebook ads. It is up to you!

Thanks for the input! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.