The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to scam people

Marketing, social media, advertising

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015
Hello all. I don't normally make a habit of clicking on the click baity stuff (I actually clicked this one by mistake, but then I started reading it). I thought this was quite interesting actually.

I'm not going to do these scammers the courtesy of linking to their page, so I'll copy it here. I'm sure if you search for the text you can find it if you're really interested. I will say that their website name was designed to mimic a well known site using a clever subdomain: wellknownsite).com-***.net

Numbers Don't Lie! Ellen's Fortune Worth More Than Oprah's!

(ET, Tuesday, August 1, 2017) - She's famously known for being the Queen of daytime television, but Ellen Degeneres has proven she’s a savvy businesswoman in her own right. In fact, she’s giving away her #1 product for anti-aging FREE! Discover the anti-aging remedy that is going to put major skin product companies out of business!

She may only be 59 but it turns out that Ellen Degeneres is running one of the highest-earning companies in the country..

The beautiful talkshow host secretly launched a skincare company last year and has kept quiet about her successful stint as CEO.

Ellen admits she purposely avoided publicly announcing her business because she wanted to make sure the company could stand on its own two feet.

“I was worried people would just associate it with my famous talk show and I felt as though that was be a huge disservice to the company. The products we produce really are life-changing and they deserve to be recognized on their own merit,” Ellen explained.

The product she's talking about is the Amabella Anti-Aging Cream which has taken the world by storm.

The product is repeatedly selling out within minutes and Ellen says her number one struggle as CEO is sourcing enough products to be able to adequaltey service the demand.

“We're forever selling out. Whether its in stores or online, whenever we re-stock our customers buy out all the products within minutes.”

The scintillating success hasn't come easy and Ellen admits she spent years of hard work behind the scenes perfecting the products.

“I wanted to be able to offer the public a healthy and safe alternative to plastic surgery. Not only is plastic surgery a very risky option, but it's also not financially achievable for many Americans.”

Ellen says she was determined to create topical treatments that people could apply in the comfort of their own homes, that would boost their self-esteem and help them feel good about themselves.

It appears as though her products have done just that, with numerous celebrities jumping on board and singing Amabella Anti-Aging Cream 's praises.

“I use the Amabella Anti-Aging Cream myself and a few of my friends started asking me what was responsible for the huge change in my skin. Word started spreading that way and before I knew it, we had amassed a huge celebrity clientele.”

“I don't wear a lot of makeup and I have Amabella Anti-Aging Cream to thank for that. It has improved my skin in such a short amount of time that I can barely believe it when I look in the mirror. I love the condition of my skin now and I hate hiding it behind thick makeup. It's not uncommon for me to rarely wear makeup these days.” - Chelsea Clinton

Many other fake celebrity testimonials...

Fake Facebook testimonials...

There are definitely some good sales and copy techniques used, however I found quite a few things that were funny about it.
1. "Ellen" secretly launched a product without her name association because she wanted to make sure her company "could stand on its own two feet" but yet there's no issue using it now.
2. Celebrity photos and endorsements (how could we verify they said those things?)
3. People on facebook supposedly endorsed the product as well, but then I click on the (yes, actual Facebook) links and see one of two things:
Screenshot 2017-08-01 21.59.05.png

I doubt the actual Shark Tank show is behind this. I also doubt that starting a lawsuit would have any effect whatsoever (the webserver is probably in a different country).

Apparently the messages got so bad that some people even shut down their Facebook accounts (or they were never real to begin with):
Screenshot 2017-08-01 21.58.38.png

Farther down in the comments on the real Facebook account, people were talking about how they had monthly $100+ billings that they were only able to stop by canceling their credit card.

Pretty effing shitty way to make money if you ask me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.