The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How to pitch my free consultant to the prospects I get to know on a personal level?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

TheScraper

PARKED
Nov 8, 2020
Hello everyone.
I have been doing an entrepreneurial stuff for the past 7 years, but have never taken an active part in the forum. I just recently knew about the existence of this forum, and it helped me move forward by a lot!

I am currently working on an smma project that focuses on Instagram.

I do the sales by email outreach on contact forms. At first I would send spam and I managed to make 15 sales like that (sent 2 million messages with a software). But now I want to strengthen my and my team's sales skills and reach more clients in a more efficient way, so I'm currently building the strategy that will be most effective.

At first, I give the site owner a compliment for something on the site and tell him I want to learn about his field and ask him to tell about himself. When a business owner writes a detailed response, I ask more questions to know him personally.
I already have a list of 100 businesses that my team has sent messages to out of interest in them and their profession, and some really good conversations about philhosophy and politics. Didn't talk with them about business yet.

I now want to take it to the next level and offer them 15 minutes of free consultant regarding Instagram, then overdeliever with 30 minutes (thanks eliquid).
My question is, how do you think I should go about this?
I'm no longer just a stranger, and I'm sure there will be some who will agree. But what do you think is the most effective way to do this so that the highest number of people will agree to the consultation?

Should I say something like that?:
"Hey {prospect},
I fogot to tell you, but I have a lot of skills that can help you out with your business.
I've been doing Instagram managment for some celebrities and business for the last decade,
and came up with some great tips for you.
What do you say about talking for 15 minutes on the phone about this?"

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

alexkuzmov

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello everyone.
I have been an entrepreneur for the past 7 years, but have never taken an active part in the forum. I just recently knew about the existence of this forum, and it helped me move forward by a lot!

I am currently working on an smma project that focuses on Instagram.

I do the sales by email outreach on contact forms. At first I would send spam and I managed to make 15 sales like that (sent 2 million messages with a software). But now I want to strengthen my and my team's sales skills and reach more clients in a more efficient way, so I'm currently building the strategy that will be most effective.

At first, I give the site owner a compliment for something on the site and tell him I want to learn about his field and ask him to tell about himself. When a business owner writes a detailed response, I ask more questions to know him personally.
I already have a list of 100 businesses that my team has sent messages to out of interest in them and their profession, and some really good conversations about philhosophy and politics. Didn't talk with the about business yet.

I now want to take it to the next level and offer them 15 minutes of free consultant regarding Instagram, then overdeliever with 30 minutes (thanks eliquid).
My question is, how do you think I should go about this?
I'm no longer just a stranger, and I'm sure there will be some who will agree. But what do you think is the most effective way to do this so that the highest number of people will agree to the consultation?

Should I say something like that?:
"Hey {prospect},
I fogot to tell you, but I have a lot of skills that can help you out with your business.
I've been doing Instagram managment for some celebrities and business for the last decade,
and came up with some great tips for you.
What do you say about talking for 15 minutes on the phone about this?"
Why not give them some tips str8 away?
Show examples, offer help for free.
Establish your domain authority basically.

Why would they give you 15 minutes (which is at least 30 minutes usually)?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I have some direct and indirect experience in this field.

The big thing I can tell you that will help, is you need to step into the mind of your potential client and know what really is priority to them.

For most business owners, IG and all this stuff is an after thought. It's not a core revenue driver but it is something they deem worthy to keep moving forward for their business. But since it is low on their priority list, so are you and the 30 other people pitching their services.

If you can identify what's important to them you can use that in your initial outreach. In my experience, the formula was to tell them what they desire, having more followers and an engaged user base, and let them know that you can help and you are the one to help them get there and ask if they want to take a few minutes to talk about it. If you are a low priority, be concise. Their attention span isn't long when they have things to attend to that are higher priority to making money.

When you talk to them, restate most of that and show them what you can do and at what timeline and cost. then follow up until they definitely tell you no (follow up timing is important to and will be different depending on the type of client.

Hopefully this helps you find a better method, good luck!

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@TheScraper ... You’ve two good responses but there’s no indication you’ve read them. What’s your thoughts on them?

TheScraper

PARKED
Nov 8, 2020
Why not give them some tips str8 away?
Show examples, offer help for free.
Establish your domain authority basically.

Why would they give you 15 minutes (which is at least 30 minutes usually)?
Yes, I will offer it before pitching my free consultant. That was a very good advice, thank you.
What is not clear to me is how to start talking to them about the free advice, and when.

There are several options:
* Please copy paste > free advice > , where you think it fits best in the strategy, in which one of the options, and why?
1. Pitch my free advice at the beginning .. before he and I even know each other on a personal level.
2. Ask personal question (questions about his vision and goals) > then on a professional level (of his field.. let's say: a CBD shop) > and finally offer my free consultant.
3. Ask a professional question > then a personal question > and finally offer my service.
4. Ask a professional question > then offer my service > and finally ask a personal question (whether he agreed or disagreed).
5. Ask a personal question > then offer my service > and finally ask a personal question (also here, whether he agreed or disagreed of course).

Each option has its advantages and disadvantages. What do you think is the most effective option among them? where do you think it fits in the above breakdown?

Last edited:

TheScraper

PARKED
Nov 8, 2020
I have some direct and indirect experience in this field.

The big thing I can tell you that will help, is you need to step into the mind of your potential client and know what really is priority to them.

For most business owners, IG and all this stuff is an after thought. It's not a core revenue driver but it is something they deem worthy to keep moving forward for their business. But since it is low on their priority list, so are you and the 30 other people pitching their services.

If you can identify what's important to them you can use that in your initial outreach. In my experience, the formula was to tell them what they desire, having more followers and an engaged user base, and let them know that you can help and you are the one to help them get there and ask if they want to take a few minutes to talk about it. If you are a low priority, be concise. Their attention span isn't long when they have things to attend to that are higher priority to making money.

When you talk to them, restate most of that and show them what you can do and at what timeline and cost. then follow up until they definitely tell you no (follow up timing is important to and will be different depending on the type of client.

Hopefully this helps you find a better method, good luck!
I try to find their pain points and wish and goals, that's also a very good suggestion.
But I'm still not sure..
For example, let's say the website is an art gallery,
So to the owner the vision is: probably that his art will be remembered..
And his goal is to find people who admire his artworks.
How do I ask the right questions to make him say that, or maybe should I tell him this instead?
How to go about that?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I try to find their pain points and wish and goals, that's also a very good suggestion.
But I'm still not sure..
For example, let's say the website is an art gallery,
So to the owner the vision is: probably that his art will be remembered..
And his goal is to find people who admire his artworks.
How do I ask the right questions to make him say that, or maybe should I tell him this instead?
How to go about that?

An artists goal to get their artwork remembered may be a great example. In this example, do you think they will spend ample dollars and focus on increasing their inorganic Instagram reach? You may be getting them followers but they likely won't ever be high quality. In this case, I think the artist/owner would have a hard time realizing and ROI on your service.

Here is a better question for you to consider.... who actually makes money from instagram and would benefit directly from increased reach? Could that industry or use case see a positive ROI on your service?

(these are questions for you to consider and get you moving in the right direction, take the time to dig in yourself and find out what works!)

Johnny boy

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 9, 2017
Washington State
What's a better way to get laid, catcalling a girl while you're working your construction job, or being Justin Bieber?

You are doing business by acting like the low-value construction worker catcalling chicks that walk by. That's how I look at it.

Build a brand, make content that helps business owners and give it away for free on youtube, instagram, tik-tok, etc... and then build an audience that comes to you non-stop because you offer so much value and expertise that scales.

High value, get attention that scales, make them come to you.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers