The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To "OutRank" A NEGATIVE Video On Google?

Marketing, social media, advertising

EntrepreneurM99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 1, 2020
When you google my name... a negative Youtube video about me appears in the search results as the 5th result.

The recent video has racked around 200,000 views.

Is there a way to push that Youtube Video to the 2nd page of Google's search results as fast as possible?

(eg. SEO tactics, etc)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
When you google my name... a negative Youtube video about me appears in the search results as the 5th result.

Is there a way to push that Youtube Video to the 2nd page of Google's search results as fast as possible?

(eg. SEO tactics, etc)

When Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister of the UK, wanted to stifle the negative story about him driving around the nation on a bus, with a whopping great lie printed on it. He simply did an interview whereby he guffed on about how he loved to build model buses. That way, anybody searching Boris and Bus, would not see the countless stories about how he is a lying toerag.

However I'm not sure this would work for you, because as far as I know, you're not famous. It might work, try and create similar more recent content. Or just do lots of other thing to push it down the rankings. In other words, increase your web presence.

The last tactic (probably should have been the first), is to put out a refutation video, and answer all the negative things in the video. Especially if you've actually done wrong, atonement and repentance is usually well received if it's genuine, and the original misdemeanour was not too great.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Since you didnt write much about the video I can only make assumptions about it.

My thoughts on this:

1. Create a video where you absolutely pace the emotions (anger, upset, rage, ... ) that the viewers of the original video feel about/ towards you. Then state the situation - not trying to defend yourself. Do not create resistence at this stage. If you excuse yourself - dont excuse the behaviour but "how it turned" out and maybe the feelings it created in other people.
  2. Then slowly talk about how you are just "human" and "make mistakes" - be personal, show some vulnerability (if even just fake - but you need to be congruent here otherwise that backfires on you).
  3. Lastly lead towards your good intentions (best: connect with the intentions the viewers have).

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

(eg. SEO tactics, etc)
Take up all the real estate on the search engine results page by creating profiles on every platform. That should help move the video down.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.