The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How To "OutRank" A NEGATIVE Video On Google?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

EntrepreneurM99

New Contributor
Jan 1, 2020
When you google my name... a negative Youtube video about me appears in the search results as the 5th result.

The recent video has racked around 200,000 views.

Is there a way to push that Youtube Video to the 2nd page of Google's search results as fast as possible?

(eg. SEO tactics, etc)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Roli

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
When you google my name... a negative Youtube video about me appears in the search results as the 5th result.

Is there a way to push that Youtube Video to the 2nd page of Google's search results as fast as possible?

(eg. SEO tactics, etc)
When Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister of the UK, wanted to stifle the negative story about him driving around the nation on a bus, with a whopping great lie printed on it. He simply did an interview whereby he guffed on about how he loved to build model buses. That way, anybody searching Boris and Bus, would not see the countless stories about how he is a lying toerag.

However I'm not sure this would work for you, because as far as I know, you're not famous. It might work, try and create similar more recent content. Or just do lots of other thing to push it down the rankings. In other words, increase your web presence.

The last tactic (probably should have been the first), is to put out a refutation video, and answer all the negative things in the video. Especially if you've actually done wrong, atonement and repentance is usually well received if it's genuine, and the original misdemeanour was not too great.

Benedict

Contributor
Nov 16, 2019
Since you didnt write much about the video I can only make assumptions about it.

My thoughts on this:

1. Create a video where you absolutely pace the emotions (anger, upset, rage, ... ) that the viewers of the original video feel about/ towards you. Then state the situation - not trying to defend yourself. Do not create resistence at this stage. If you excuse yourself - dont excuse the behaviour but "how it turned" out and maybe the feelings it created in other people.
  2. Then slowly talk about how you are just "human" and "make mistakes" - be personal, show some vulnerability (if even just fake - but you need to be congruent here otherwise that backfires on you).
  3. Lastly lead towards your good intentions (best: connect with the intentions the viewers have).

Sebastya

SEO Expert
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

(eg. SEO tactics, etc)
Take up all the real estate on the search engine results page by creating profiles on every platform. That should help move the video down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock