The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to make a comeback

DrJake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 21, 2014
Shreveport, Lousiana
I've always been an entrepreneur, and always will be.

I stumbled upon TMF 6 years ago as a sophomore in highschool.

My first idea, at 15, was high-protein ice-cream. I spent MONTHS researching the science of ice-cream manufacture, and created endless prototypes and recipes (generously funded by my parents... and my girlfriends parents.) Rather than pay attention in class I read textbooks on dairy science, food safety law, and corresponded with dairy experts via email by pretending to be an established entrepreneur. I brought and sold samples to the football players, polarizing my classmates (half thought I was insane and the other half thought I was a genius). I also tried selling my ice-cream door to door, but only ended up getting scolded by alot of old ladies. Unfortunately the legal and capital requirements for ice cream manufacture proved too heavy for a young teen, and I gave up.

At 16 my son was born. At this time I doubled down on my commitment to entrepreneurship and my amazon business. I got a part-time job and joined the work program in school so I could support my son.

Afterwards, I created a successful drop-shipping business on Amazon selling low-end jewelry. I posted hundreds of listings, uploading photos and writing copy one necklace at a time. I eventually upgraded to FBA for some of my better-selling pieces. This venture resulted in $50 profit a week, which was pretty nice for a youngster like me. Unfortunately, I failed to scale and eventually neglected this business.

At this point, I began demonstrating the power of god-awful choices.

At 17 my relationship with my son's mother came to an end. Towards the end of my senior year my focus shifted from self-improvement to parties and girls:devil:.

By graduation I was partying every weekend. I became heavily involved in the party scene, and began experimenting with drugs.

By 18 I was a full-blown alcoholic and pothead. I tried college 3 times and dropped out every time. I was arrested for the first time a month after my birthday. I cycled through about 6 jobs in a year's time. I attempted suicide and was in the ICU for 3 days, hospitalized for 2 weeks. I barely made it.

My streak of stupidity didn't stop there, not by a long shot.

I was kicked out from my parents house and moved in with my friend in her small apartment. There we experimented with more drugs. I couldn't hold down a job so I resorted to low-level dealing to support my habit. Eventually I got robbed, and turned to straight up thievery to put food in my mouth and drugs in my body with as little work as possible.

By 19 I was a full-blown cocaine addict. Shortly after that I became addicted to methamphetamines, then heroin. I was sentenced to 9 months in a state rehab, but was kicked out for behavior. I was in-and-out of jail and institutions until I turned 20.

After my last stint in jail I gave sobriety an honest shot. I started out with a fast-food job and even got me a girlfriend. However, I took my recovery for granted and within a few months I relapsed. On June 8th, 2019 I victimized my family, lost my girlfriend, lost my job and became homeless. I had nothing but the clothes on my back, my car, a stolen gun and a deathwish.

However, God stepped in that day. It was the last time I ever used a substance.

I checked into a detox unit, then transferred to a rehab, where I found the program of AA.

Afterwards, I moved to Louisiana where I can still see my son regularly. I moved into a sober living home, and have been sober for 9 months. I'm now the president of the house, and hold officer positions in the Oxford hierarchy. I've almost completed the 12 steps, made amends to my family and friends, and began to pay off my debts. I started weightlifting again and gained 25 pounds. I joined Toastmasters so I could learn to talk to people. I still go to AA regularly. I started out degreasing steel-manufacture equipment in a hot-a$$ factory during the nights. Then I became a lumberjack. Most recently I became a waiter and a part-time sugarbaby. Then Coronavirus happened, so now I'm just a sugarbaby. Oh, and an entrepreneur. I've never stopped being an entrepreneur and probably never will.

My purpose in life is to end addiction for as many people as humanly possible. It's to be the father my son deserves, and the family member my people need. I want to contribute to the world of philosophy and knowledge, but first I want to gain autonomy.

Sorry if this made anyone uncomfortable. I'm back in the mix. Nice to meet you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
methadone pie!

Please SEARCH before posting.