The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to make $1000 in a week?

mavwrx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Oct 4, 2010
The process or the results?

Short summary;

Exhausted resources already around me. (selling things for friends/family, taking my percentage on each item), then mapped out wealthy neighbourhoods, created flyers, delivered those flyers, sold rich people's crap, took my percentage, banked it.

The cool thing about the wealthy (generalization) is that they know and seek out ways to outsource any and all 'low priority' tasks.

Example: Drive around a middle class/lower middle class neighbourhood on a nice day and you'll see homeowners outside mowing their lawns. Drive down an upper middle class or wealthy neighbourhood and you'll see crews tending to the lawn/gardens.

It's not so much a result of being 'privileged' or whatever, more to do with the understanding of the value of time... at least that's my impression haha. Of course if you enjoy the task then you'd be doing it, but why do something you don't want to do, if you have the resources to hire professionals?

Same concept with the wealthy people I dealt with. Of course they could list all of their unwanted stuff online... but why not go golfing, sailing, drag racing, (or whatever upper class old folks do lol) and get other people to sell their crap for them.

Didn't make much, maybe a few thousand in a month or two of doing that, but it got me to my goal at the time.
did you sell all your those shoes?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hlaz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 30, 2012
Chicago
I am very interested in the selling leads can you please offer me some more information on that and how to start or in other words who to talk to? I will be taking a 75 hour class to get my real estate license in mid August. I have lots of time on my hands, I love driving around/searching internet finding deals and feel I would be very good at this also I see it as potentially a good way to get to know the business if I plan to be the investor in the future.

BTW I sell things 60/40. 50/50 sounds a little steep but what were the results of asking 50/50 I would like to know? Keep in mind eBay/PayPal fees end up being 16-18% of the items total value. So cash/outside eBay sale is best option for profitability in my opinion. I only unload inventory on eBay when I just want to get rid of it quickly to create cash flow.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thought I'd bump this thread since it appears #1 at G00gl3 for the search phrase "how to make 1000 in a week" --

My answer of course is mathematical ... sell 100 items that have a 10 profit.

Ali

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 10, 2012
Oman
I'm just curious to know if you managed to get your $1,000 as it's been almost 15 months since u posted this thread

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
No, I got off my a$$, and accomplished my goal. That's all that matters.

I love this answer

What is the process when you find a buyer? Do you meet them at the sellers house and collect payment/split proceeds or do you collect payment and go pick up the item?

and i hate this question. Why sit here and ask about the process, who cares it will be different for you regardless. Just another way to sit around and do nothing asking questions like that. It would be a waste of time to even answer.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Thought I'd bump this thread since it appears #1 at G00gl3 for the search phrase "how to make 1000 in a week" --

My answer of course is mathematical ... sell 100 items that have a 10 profit.

Although the first reply is fine, I wish the first reply was "how not to make $1000 in one week, find a forum and ask how to make 1000 and spend hours waiting for a reply vs getting a life and doing something" I know she mentioned she tried some stuff, but come on. lol

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
I actually just made over a thousand dollars this week alone (in sales unfortunately, profit was about 50%, and each product sold between $8.67-$13.99) ... will make a thread later on how I did this using ebay and very little time (10 minutes a day lol) ...and that was just a test run.. im sure once i maximize inventory and scale my products ill quadruple this easily...

I was able to sell well over a 100 of the same product in one week (before I ran out of inventory unfortunately).
Yes 10 minutes per day does make it sound easy but a couple weeks before I started, I was actually strictly into the research mode ... supply and demand calculations, saturation analysis, competition, price margins, and for potential, I even creating algorithms .. (yes I said algorithms...I was doing too much, i know).

So luckily for me, I can apply my method to a broad range of products. Will be working on getting in two more products today and to scale up the inventory in order to increase my profit margins. (profits are only 50% because I purchased limited quantity. I figure I can get that number up to 65% easily). applying a few tactics...

This is just something im doing on the side to make a little extra cash. Nothing fastlane ... still working on my fastlane plans which takes up most my time.

So will be starting a thread later on my ebay progress ...

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
$500 a week for about an hour of work is pretty damn impressive if you ask me. That's $2,000 a month for 4 hours of work.

That's income replacement and time infusion if I've ever seen it.

Caroline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Feb 3, 2014

Short summary;

Exhausted resources already around me. (selling things for friends/family, taking my percentage on each item), then mapped out wealthy neighbourhoods, created flyers, delivered those flyers, sold rich people's crap, took my percentage, banked it.

The cool thing about the wealthy (generalization) is that they know and seek out ways to outsource any and all 'low priority' tasks.

Example: Drive around a middle class/lower middle class neighbourhood on a nice day and you'll see homeowners outside mowing their lawns. Drive down an upper middle class or wealthy neighbourhood and you'll see crews tending to the lawn/gardens.

It's not so much a result of being 'privileged' or whatever, more to do with the understanding of the value of time... at least that's my impression haha. Of course if you enjoy the task then you'd be doing it, but why do something you don't want to do, if you have the resources to hire professionals?

Same concept with the wealthy people I dealt with. Of course they could list all of their unwanted stuff online... but why not go golfing, sailing, drag racing, (or whatever upper class old folks do lol) and get other people to sell their crap for them.

Didn't make much, maybe a few thousand in a month or two of doing that, but it got me to my goal at the time.

You may have answered this already in a different post, but how did you resell the items? Craiglists, ebay, combination of both?

PV123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 12, 2010
Mexico
Hey everyone,
I need a $1000 in one week and have been going crazy thinking of what to do...sold a few things, pawned stuff, running out of stuff to do...anything quick that I could do possibly online or something? I doubt it but who knows maybe you guys got some ideas! My husband and I have zero savings tho he makes a lot of money if you read my older posts you will know more bout my situation. So neway the question is, is there anyway possible to make $1,000 in a week and how?

Hello,

Here is about how can you make a $1000.00 usd in one week.
Forex..
I have been learning how to trade the currency market for about a year now. It is not easy but anyone can try to make some good income trading currency market. See attachment for amount I made on few trades.

Attachments

• 2014-02-05EJ1.png
    2014-02-05EJ1.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 65

Caroline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Feb 3, 2014
did only the 4 of you sell the doughnuts or did you have the kids help sell ala girls scout cookie style?

recon187

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 14, 2013
My friends each had a girl from the soccer team help hand them out. I was in the Furthest town out and none of the girls would travel this far, so I had too hand them out myself. We sent two guys to St. louis at 4 in the morning and they made it back by 6:30 am on a Saturday. Even Though I have to had them out myself, I still sell close to $300 worth in a days time each year, in a town of about 800 people. Tip Be aggressive and stand within a few hundred yards of prison guards going to work, also on cool days so the icing doesn't melt. Nice thing about them is you can sell them out of the back of your vehicle. We also once, Bought these heavy duty trash bags in three different sizes. We cut holes in them and made my friends two boys were them like poncho's, go door to door and to the schools, taking orders. Filled orders 3 months later and profited $6000. That's in a town of about 7000 people, I would love to see the profit potential in a bigger town.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
I love this answer
Just another way to sit around and do nothing asking questions like that. It would be a waste of time to even answer.

Wow, that's some great perspective for me. I tend to get into "analysis paralysis" mode so honestly, even though I have quite a bit of craigslist experience, I found myself wondering the same thing after reading RichKid's post.
Now I know personally that I'm not looking for excuses to do nothing while acting like I'm trying to do something (by asking tons of detailed questions related to the subject), but if I don't take some action and execute at some point, it has the SAME EFFECT as if I never planned to do anything to begin with. Yikes.

Conclusion? Act on the information and plans I have, figure out the rest as it comes along. My actg prof said the other day that you only ever have an average of 2/3 of the total info you need to make a decision. Don't wait.
A little twist I put on this old saying: So we all know that failing to plan is planning to fail; so what is planning and planning and even more planning? Seems like it would be failing, since you're never doing anything you planned to do, and planning doesn't count as a plan..

Genium

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 6, 2013
Testing this soon. Could use the extra dough to experiment with more ads, and have professional product pictures taken.

Attachments

• SellingFlyer.jpg
    SellingFlyer.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 86

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
Could use the extra dough to experiment with more ads, and have professional product pictures taken.

Are you saying you would take advantage of this and use the extra money from selling things for people to experiment with ads, or that you could use the extra money from people selling things you own of value to fund more ads..? Guessing the former..

Nice, template btw. Would it be overloading that page to list categories you deal with? When I see that page, I think of a few different categories, but one that does NOT jump out to me as being "offered" in that ad is vehicles. Maybe that's just me. Personally, I'd be willing to offer my services in selling vehicles, since they're more of my specialty anyways.

jtmoniii

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Oct 23, 2011
Chattanooga, TN

Short summary;

Can you give some details on how much you made? How long did you do this? What were the best sellers?

D

DeletedUser394

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!