The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's: How to Make $1,000 a Week with no Degree, no Feedback, & no Portfolio.

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
Influence (Yourself & Others)

NLP
- The User's Manual for the Brain Volume I & II
- Mind Lines: Magical Lines to Transform Minds
- Anything by Richard Bandler
- EVERYTHING by Milton Erickson (His focus is actually hypnosis)

As for courses, I'm about halfway through the online NLP Practitioner course at iNLP Center. Its $450 and comes with certification at the end (great for empty certificate fields... hint hint.) The material is top notch and utilizes text, audio & video. It's self-paced and easy to understand.

It also has "Stealth Missions" which are assignments you carry out in the real world and report back in the classroom. This way you get direct experience if you've got the kahones to try it.
Hey @SinisterLex, I heard a lot about NLP & really wanting to do it. For best results for an absolute beginner like me, would you recommend me to do this iNLP course $450? Or just start by reading those books first?

Thanks so much for your helps SnisterLex.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Quick questions.

1. How much time do you spend a day, total, on everything freelancing oriented? Researching clients to send better applications, time doing the work, talking to clients, etc...?
2. Did you have to purchase anything to improve your experience with oDesk? Scanners, printers, fax machine, etc...?

I don't spend any time researching clients for better applications now. They're contacting me. Haven't applied to a gig in the last 2 weeks.

When I do apply to a gig, I spend roughly 1 to 2 hours writing the pitch.

Time doing work depends on your client's needs. I've been doing a few hours per client, but I make sure to leave enough time to study & work on my projects too.

I didn't purchase anything for Odesk. If you have Microsoft Word, then you can get it going.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey @SinisterLex, I heard a lot about NLP & really wanting to do it. For best results for an absolute beginner like me, would you recommend me to do this iNLP course $450? Or just start by reading those books first?

Thanks so much for your helps SnisterLex.

Depends on your purpose in learning it.

If you want to learn it to make money with copywriting, then I'd just buy the books for now, and watch videos on YouTube. NLP helps more with mindset than actual sales. If you haven't picked up Cashvertising or some of the other books in the 30 Day Challenge thread, I'd start there. Until you understand the fundamentals of copywriting, NLP won't help you write good copy.

The course is for practitioner certification. It's really meant for people who want to use NLP as an extension of their therapy related businesses. You learn the same stuff in the books, but you save $450.00.

Last edited:

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
I don't spend any time researching clients for better applications now. They're contacting me. Haven't applied to a gig in the last 2 weeks.

When I do apply to a gig, I spend roughly 1 to 2 hours writing the pitch.

Time doing work depends on your client's needs. I've been doing a few hours per client, but I make sure to leave enough time to study & work on my projects too.

I didn't purchase anything for Odesk. If you have Microsoft Word, then you can get it going.
The time spent is the time needed. Got it.

Then in that case, I need to get a move on it.

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
Just wanted to quickly tell you about my experience...
Have used oDesk for hiring people before, with very mixed results - But at least I learnt how rotten most applications are. Skimmed through jobs now and then to look for stuff that I could do as freelancer, but got disheartened pretty soon. Even though I know that most applications are usually generic and no real competition, I felt that my chances of getting hired were slim. I'm not a native English speaker either, so don't even have that bonus.

However, after reading Sinister's post, I gave it another try. Result? 3 Applications, 1 job, $160 paid, all within a week.
May not be much, but it certainly shows it's possible to hustle up some money.

That money could pay for... the first few months of hosting & lead pages to get that landing page going... outsourcing something you can't do yourself... getting some books to educate yourself... anything that helps achieving your goal.

So, thanks, @SinisterLex . Well done.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Just wanted to quickly tell you about my experience...
Have used oDesk for hiring people before, with very mixed results - But at least I learnt how rotten most applications are. Skimmed through jobs now and then to look for stuff that I could do as freelancer, but got disheartened pretty soon. Even though I know that most applications are usually generic and no real competition, I felt that my chances of getting hired were slim. I'm not a native English speaker either, so don't even have that bonus.

However, after reading Sinister's post, I gave it another try. Result? 3 Applications, 1 job, $160 paid, all within a week.
May not be much, but it certainly shows it's possible to hustle up some money.

That money could pay for... the first few months of hosting & lead pages to get that landing page going... outsourcing something you can't do yourself... getting some books to educate yourself... anything that helps achieving your goal.

So, thanks, @SinisterLex . Well done.

You know what's crazy?

You're actually the second person this morning who told me they sent 3 applications and got picked up on Odesk.

Nice work taking action!

As for everyone else... Why haven't you started yet?!

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
As for everyone else... Why haven't you started yet?!
Because they're telling me something is wrong with my overview, and I'm still figuring out how to word it so they accept it. So now I'm going through samples they provide in order to help clear it up.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm really surprised Odesk isn't taking action on this.

Several have mentioned troubles getting set up.

I can only imagine how many others are experiencing the same problem!

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
I'm really surprised Odesk isn't taking action on this.

Several have mentioned troubles getting set up.

I can only imagine how many others are experiencing the same problem!
This was the message I got back from them.

"Upon checking, profile review usually takes up to 24 hours to be completed. However, due to a high volume of request that our Marketplace Quality Team is receiving, your profile review might take some time to be completed."

I was elevated in priority and they took immediate action. Ask and ye shall receive!

As for my overview, I was told the following: "During our regular reviews of the Freelancer community I noticed that your profile has not yet been completed, specifically, your overview does not clearly describe skills and work experience."

So now I'm simply trying to figure out what their general recommendations are, and how I can apply what you've posted here into it.

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
INSIDERS Copy Tip from Me:

I'm not a great writer, I am a pretty shitty writer and lack imagination to truly be great. But it doesn't stop me from writing copy, this tip will make you an awesome copywriter faster than a rat up a drainpipe.

1. Find awesome sales letters from the masters such as Halbert, Ogilvy or anything that is superb.
2. Use it as a template, be a sales letter hacker, and follow the style of the letter but replace with your product and information.
3. Read over your masterpiece and get some feedback (this is where a good buddy on Skype is handy)

I promise you that this works. Lex can testify as he has seen my first copy writing and the new copy using this technique. You can even use this technique for writing blog posts or any piece of writing.

Try it today, make one sales letter for your product or future product. Post it on here if you want some feedback.

I use some big guys' sales letters as a template for my own sales e-mails too. It works pretty well.

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
You know, I was just going through the "Hire Freelancers" section to take a look at some of their profiles. Organized by their $/hour, there is a real world of a difference between the profiles of those who make about $5-$10 an hour, compared to those who make over $100/hour.

On the bottom it's all, "Here's an achievement I have made. Here's a blog I run. This is the origin of my name." Then when you get up to the top it's a lot of, "This is me, and this is how I can help you."

Edit: There are obviously those who don't follow this rule, but those profiles are more frequent than not.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
How I Overcame Fear, Failed, Recovered & Drove Forward
My $100/hr interview from a couple hours ago.
Fight Fear with Analysis & Common Sense

Remember a few posts back when I mentioned someone contacting me about a $100/hr job? Remember how I was trying to decide whether or not to decline? Well, there's more to the story than that.

Before I take on a new client I look at who else they've contacted to see what my competition is like. Not only does this show me what I'm up against, but it tells me what to capitalize on - their weaknesses.

So I was looking at my competition, and noticed his copy was really good. He did some cool stuff with NLP & persuasion tactics and made it clear how he'd give the client what he wants (increased sales).

In fact, his profile was so good I started believing he was better than me. That he was more knowledgeable and had more experience so I shouldn't even bother interviewing.

I let this guy get inside my head (actually I got inside my own head) and soon I was totally stuck. So, I decided to read his profile one last time to see if there was any way I could beat him. That's when I noticed it wasn't actually You focused.

He kept mentioning how he could increase the client's sales and use NLP to influence and persuade blah blah blah, but he never mentioned how he would help the client's customers. That was my striking point.

Still feeling unsure of myself, but with slightly renewed confidence, I accepted the interview and scheduled for 11 today.

Epic Failure May Not Be as Bad as It Seems

As 11 rolled around I did a bit of last minute research into my client and discovered he recently co-authored a book with Deepak Chopra, and owns like 5 big companies. Yeah, he's a pretty big deal as far as clients go.

Great, now I'm feeling nervous.

I start thinking about how I'll explain the NLP techniques I'll use, and how I'll meet his needs. Nothing specific pops into my mind, so I open a second browser and bring up some NLP techniques just in case I need them.

Finally it's 11. The client pops on a few minutes later and starts the Skype call. It's going well, and we have good rapport from the start. Then he sends me a sales letter and wants my analysis. It was awkward reading it while on a Skype call, but I did the best I could and tried to gather my thoughts.

It was rough explaining them to him, but I came at it from a vague angle, hoping he'd fill in the blanks. Unfortunately, being a world-renowned lifecoach, he wasn't gonna let me off that easy.

Client: How specifically would you write persuasion into this letter?

Me: Uh, I would focus on your reader's desires, and build on those desires to bring them to action.

I tried to gather my thoughts again, but had a hard time expressing them.

Then he took it to the next level...

Client: "Can you demonstrate how you'll use NLP in this letter?"

Me: "Uh..."

Then it happened. All thought was gone. Couldn't process anything. Was totally frozen. Hoped to buy time with a stalling question.

Me: "Do you want me to write it or speak it."

Client: Outloud if you don't mind so I can hear the voice you'll use in the writing.

Seconds passed in silence. I forgot all about my second browser, open with NLP shit all over the screen. Then more seconds. Then more. Nothing.

EPIC FAILURE

But then something happened...

Inside my head: F*ck it there's only one thing to do. Honesty.

Me: "Hey bro, I totally froze. I'm not as articulate in person as in writing. If you want I'll write the first letter for you for free and you can use it as a sample to see my style and how I'll write your other letters."

More silence. Then...

Client: "Wow..."

Client: "That's the most impressive thing I've ever heard in an interview, ever. Just, wow. Most people would have made an excuse. I accept your offer."

Holy Shit Balls Did That Just Happen?!

Not only am I still in the running, but I made an impression! That means he'll remember me. I don't have the gig yet, but even if I don't get it, this guy will remember my name, and why I stood out.

So, I guess there's several lessons here.

1. Don't let fear stop you from trying.
2. If you fail at something, own that shit.
3. Even when you fail it's not as bad as it seems.
4. Pick yourself up and drive on even when you fail.

Who knows if I'll get the gig, but I definitely established a connection for later on.

You'll have to wait til' Monday to find out what happens next.

Feeling: Stressed as a Mother F*****, but feeling amazing for not quitting before trying.

G

Guest24480

I wanted to test out your advice by applying to a few grammar jobs on oDesk, so last night I set out to do so. I tried to tailor the cover letter to solving the client's problems rather than just listing my areas of expertise.

I sent out ONE job application. My VERY first one. I've never even stepped foot on oDesk. There were 14 applicants to the job, and this is the message I received the next day:
"I will not lie to you, from all candidates I feel that you are the best for this work. "

Of course I am. I actually listened to your job description.

Now, here's a real, live example of how I did this.

Real Example

Job Description:
"We have 60 articles written (each contains around 300 words). We are searching for a native English speaker that would be able to correct ALL grammatical mistakes there."

What stood out to me:
1. What kind of person are they looking for? Most likely someone detail-oriented who has spoken English all their life.
2. Their top priority is fixing all the mistakes. Therefore, I need to communicate to them that I will ENSURE that all the mistakes will be fixed, guaranteed.
3. Their next priority is having it done fast. Therefore, I need to make it clear that it will be done quickly as well.

My Cover Letter:

Now, I just applied what stood out to me into the body of my cover letter. Add in some style points, and you're good to go.

"Dear Cool a$$ client (don't really write this),

Sounds like you need someone detail-oriented to fix all those pesky mistakes. If that's the case, I'm your guy. I was born and raised in the United States so proofreading for grammar mistakes is something that comes as somewhat of a second nature to me.

Best of all, I will go through the articles a second time to make sure all of the mistakes are accounted for.

I can have it done within the day as well.

Thank you and I look forward to the opportunity to work with you.

Best,
Remaining Anonymous (don't really write this)

Pretty easy stuff if you just pay attention.

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
Just letting you all know that I finally got the application accepted. It took three edits before oDesk approved it.

For those attempting in the future, these are the requirements I was given.

"Kindly be advised that your Profile Title should indicate what your main skill is and what type of job you are seeking. Aside from that, you should include your primary skills, your past work experience and the type of work you excel at on your Profile Overview. Add 3-5 of your best skills relevant to the jobs you're seeking so that our search function can find you!"

Make sure you try to get it right the first time so you can save a few days off trying to edit it. The application process seems to take about 24 hours or so now, despite it listing 12 hours during registration. So keep that in mind. If it takes longer than that, you can submit a ticket and it can be elevated.

jujumac

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 20, 2013
My account's still on hold :mad: but in the meantime just saw this:

http://techcitynews.com/2015/03/16/peopleperhour-launches-uber-for-digital-work/
https://www.supertasker.com/#!/home

How do I become a Tasker?
Supertasker is a curated marketplace where every Tasker application is manually screened. The criteria for approval remain undisclosed however the following are good indicators of what we are looking for

• A profile on PeoplePerHour with a high CERT score
  • An online portfolio of high quality work
  • At least two validations of authenticity e.g. social media accounts
  • A valid phone number
  • Valid address with proof of address
It's a separate product to People Per Hour but might be suitable for those with a good portfolio/feedback on PPH or Odesk etc.

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
@SinisterLex
For those of us without the in depth skills to over deliver on decent paying projects, which skills would you reccomend we put some time into learning to be successful on Odesk?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
If you don't have skills, then do data entry or customer service.

Both of those can get you started without much experience.

The only skills you need to get gigs are people skills.

Then you can make money in any category, and learn as you go.

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
Sounds great. I just applied to two data entry jobs. I will keep you posted.

I have a lot of excel skills, but not much in terms of Macro's. Seems that is one thing people need the most in Excel. I'm going to try to gain some skills in Macro's and copywriting. Seems those two will give me the biggest bang for my buck in the least amount of time.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
great thread, here's another thing you could do, make a youtube video explaining how you can help them solve their problem.

sure fire way to stand out.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Got first job on ODesk a week ago. Wrote a 35 page ebook for 20 bucks. Submitting it tomorrow. 5 star rating I'm shooting for. I'll start looking for a job doing copy tomorrow. Thanks Lex.

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
So, I was just about to head to bed, and I clicked on oDesk to check for any notifications.

I have sent two applications in so far, and the first one I checked out just sent an offer to me. I am currently freaking out, but will most definitely be accepting these tomorrow after I've calmed down. So excited.

Lex, you're my hero right now. I was once one of those people who sent in dozens of applications, and not a word. But now, the very first application? It's wild.

BrenndenK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
Jul 11, 2013
Definitely going to stick to this, but I went and asked for my cook job back. Only missed 1 day and they were happy to have me back. I just felt too stressed without it. Going to sacrifice my days off to make this work, and then quit when I'm actually ready. (Probably in a few months).

Me and my manager are really great friends, so we talked about it and I agreed to come back full time if we adjusted my schedule and allowed me to work part time when my freelancing picks up. I can't fall behind on money, and they need me pretty badly.

Atleast I tried to see how it was, but it felt terrible leaving my little work family behind and twiddling my thumbs all day waiting for proposals.

Live and Learn. Going to bed for work tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
How I Overcame Fear, Failed, Recovered & Drove Forward
My $100/hr interview from a couple hours ago.
Fight Fear with Analysis & Common Sense

Remember a few posts back when I mentioned someone contacting me about a $100/hr job? Remember how I was trying to decide whether or not to decline? Well, there's more to the story than that.

Before I take on a new client I look at who else they've contacted to see what my competition is like. Not only does this show me what I'm up against, but it tells me what to capitalize on - their weaknesses.

So I was looking at my competition, and noticed his copy was really good. He did some cool stuff with NLP & persuasion tactics and made it clear how he'd give the client what he wants (increased sales).

In fact, his profile was so good I started believing he was better than me. That he was more knowledgeable and had more experience so I shouldn't even bother interviewing.

I let this guy get inside my head (actually I got inside my own head) and soon I was totally stuck. So, I decided to read his profile one last time to see if there was any way I could beat him. That's when I noticed it wasn't actually You focused.

He kept mentioning how he could increase the client's sales and use NLP to influence and persuade blah blah blah, but he never mentioned how he would help the client's customers. That was my striking point.

Still feeling unsure of myself, but with slightly renewed confidence, I accepted the interview and scheduled for 11 today.

Epic Failure May Not Be as Bad as It Seems

As 11 rolled around I did a bit of last minute research into my client and discovered he recently co-authored a book with Deepak Chopra, and owns like 5 big companies. Yeah, he's a pretty big deal as far as clients go.

Great, now I'm feeling nervous.

I start thinking about how I'll explain the NLP techniques I'll use, and how I'll meet his needs. Nothing specific pops into my mind, so I open a second browser and bring up some NLP techniques just in case I need them.

Finally it's 11. The client pops on a few minutes later and starts the Skype call. It's going well, and we have good rapport from the start. Then he sends me a sales letter and wants my analysis. It was awkward reading it while on a Skype call, but I did the best I could and tried to gather my thoughts.

It was rough explaining them to him, but I came at it from a vague angle, hoping he'd fill in the blanks. Unfortunately, being a world-renowned lifecoach, he wasn't gonna let me off that easy.

Client: How specifically would you write persuasion into this letter?

Me: Uh, I would focus on your reader's desires, and build on those desires to bring them to action.

I tried to gather my thoughts again, but had a hard time expressing them.

Then he took it to the next level...

Client: "Can you demonstrate how you'll use NLP in this letter?"

Me: "Uh..."

Then it happened. All thought was gone. Couldn't process anything. Was totally frozen. Hoped to buy time with a stalling question.

Me: "Do you want me to write it or speak it."

Client: Outloud if you don't mind so I can hear the voice you'll use in the writing.

Seconds passed in silence. I forgot all about my second browser, open with NLP shit all over the screen. Then more seconds. Then more. Nothing.

EPIC FAILURE

But then something happened...

Inside my head: F*ck it there's only one thing to do. Honesty.

Me: "Hey bro, I totally froze. I'm not as articulate in person as in writing. If you want I'll write the first letter for you for free and you can use it as a sample to see my style and how I'll write your other letters."

More silence. Then...

Client: "Wow..."

Client: "That's the most impressive thing I've ever heard in an interview, ever. Just, wow. Most people would have made an excuse. I accept your offer."

Holy Shit Balls Did That Just Happen?!

Not only am I still in the running, but I made an impression! That means he'll remember me. I don't have the gig yet, but even if I don't get it, this guy will remember my name, and why I stood out.

So, I guess there's several lessons here.

1. Don't let fear stop you from trying.
2. If you fail at something, own that shit.
3. Even when you fail it's not as bad as it seems.
4. Pick yourself up and drive on even when you fail.

Who knows if I'll get the gig, but I definitely established a connection for later on.

You'll have to wait til' Monday to find out what happens next.

Feeling: Stressed as a Mother F*****, but feeling amazing for not quitting before trying.

Hey guys,

I know I said you'd have to wait til Monday to find out what happens. Well I didn't find out until today, so I couldn't share with you.

I did write the letter the very next morning, and it took around 5 or 6 hours, starting at 1 am (I have max brain-power & creativity in the early morning). The actual letter was finished in an hour or two.

The rest was the time I spent over-delivering.

I poured my heart & soul into it, and by the time I finished, was completely exhausted. But I felt strongly that this was the most powerful letter I'd written since starting on Odesk.

He wanted a demonstration of psychological persuasion so that's exactly what I gave him.

So it was a bit disheartening when Monday rolled around and I didn't get a call. Mind you I didn't give up hope, and didn't consider it a failure. I gave it everything I had and if it wasn't what he was looking for, then so what.

At least I tried.

So this morning I'm sitting here working on a project for another client, when suddenly Skype rings.

Was totally unprepared since I didn't have any calls scheduled.

I ran upstairs, and hooked up the microphone, and guess who it is! The client, duh.

He starts talking and doesn't take long to get to the point.

"Your letter is excellent but it isn't quite right for our target audience..."

(I didn't even know his target audience so I improvised when writing it.)

Damn.

Then he said the magic word.

"...but,

out of all the freelancers we interviewed, and all of the samples we received, yours was the only one that delivered and showed exactly how you would implement psychological influence
. So, we'll need to schedule a time to discuss our target market further, but you're hired."

And that's all there is to it.

That's How I Became a $100/hr Copywriter in 5 Weeks.

F*ck you fear.
F*ck you doubt.

Just Do It.

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
Got first job on ODesk a week ago. Wrote a 35 page ebook for 20 bucks. Submitting it tomorrow. 5 star rating I'm shooting for. I'll start looking for a job doing copy tomorrow. Thanks Lex.
Probably, I'd be glad to hire you as a ghost writer for my next e-book.

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
I have 1 question. Why many smart people go to odesk, freelancer, fiverr and etc to work for other guys? I don't say it's bad, i just always think it's better working for myself. Maybe it's a reason why I'm not a fastlaner yet.lol

Solrac

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 6, 2014
Florida
I have 1 question. Why many smart people go to odesk, freelancer, fiverr and etc to work for other guys? I don't say it's bad, i just always think it's better working for myself. Maybe it's a reason why I'm not a fastlaner yet.lol

2 reasons
1st. To have funds to supply for your life while your not in the fastlane. And then to supply your business with funds. This way you don't need to have a boss. When you are freelancing you are your own boss, providing value to others via your skills.

2nd. To also avoid signing away precious equity to vulture capitals.

my 2 cents :D

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
2 reasons
1st. To have funds to supply for your life while your not in the fastlane. And then to supply your business with funds. This way you don't need to have a boss. When you are freelancing you are your own boss, providing value to others via your skills.

2nd. To also avoid signing away precious equity to vulture capitals.

my 2 cents :D
Maybe you're right. But 5-10 years for having funds to supply you for the next 5-10 years. WOW. Probably, I have a wrong mindset.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

What do you consider working for yourself?

I'm sitting at home in my PJ's Skype chatting with CEOs of multi-million dollar companies.

Not only that, but they're coming to me for help, not the other way around.

On that note, do you think money is the only opportunity here?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.