The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to learn the most while executing

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
How does one learn the most when executing on his plans?
By actually executing instead of faking action.

But are there additional ways to get the most out of your actions?
Do you take time each day, week or month to reflect what worked and what didn't?
Do you take time to reflect how you did things and how to do it better?
Do you take time to find lessons in your failures that you can use in your whole (business) life or do you simply try to do the action differently next time?
Do you don't take time to reflect at all and just try to execute more, improvising and improving your actions on the go?

This might me a personal preferences, but I'm interested in your ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
Well, I document my entire process. I even go back in time and leave myself bad comments of how stupid I was. even during bad times( when i'm stuck) I document the bad feelings, and try to find solutions to them.

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
How does one learn the most when executing on his plans?
This might me a personal preferences, but I'm interested in your ideas.

I'm definitely still early on in my business game, but I've found that I haven't taken much time to reflect and end up making more mistakes. It is important to take time/space to breathe and not focus too hard about driving forward, so that little dribs and drabs of reflection can sneak in.

Or maybe change gears for a moment (like from designing products to building a social media following or vice versa) and ideas or things that went wrong or could go better may come.

But perhaps for some, getting down and writing out a reflection on what worked and what didn't may help too.

In the education field, reflection is crucial for learning new information.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Well, I document my entire process. I even go back in time and leave myself bad comments of how stupid I was. even during bad times( when i'm stuck) I document the bad feelings, and try to find solutions to them.
How detailed and how often?
But I like that you document the bad feelings as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
How detailed and how often?
But I like that you document the bad feelings as well.
Very, very detailed. on a daily to every 4 days max basis. I usually add the date and exact time, after a while it becomes a habit.

Tomer David

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 13, 2016
I do not do it in the order you described it but, I have a weekly goals and monthly goals.

when reviewing my goals at the end of the week, If I accomplished them then all good if not, then I break them down and start to figure it with myself what didn't work and what Ill do different to have this goal accomplished.

Sometimes I just figure out, after couple of weeks that's its not the goal for me and that's fine too.

I try to focus on the things that would drive me in the fastest lane to my big top goal!

:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.