• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

Discussion in 'Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping' started by Fox, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Maxboost

Maxboost Silver Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,044

You should be asking on another forum such as stackoverflow or other programming forums. This post doesn't help anyone or provide any insight or add value to the thread...

2. Smuggo

Smuggo New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $97
    I have a question.

If you want to make a site with an option to book, let's say a room, do you need to learn SQL and PHP/JAVA or it can be done another way? I want to create sth like that and also a shop for my product I want to sell (with an option to log in, paying options ect.).

The next step would be designer added to the website but I am pretty sure you need to learn to code to achive that.

3. Mike Kaliska

Mike Kaliska Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $144
    I'm a little torn on this one.

This week I've learned a lot about copywriting. Lex's course, going through Sugarman's book, daily practice, etc.

However. Every local client I'm looking at helping has a website that looks like sh*t

I don't feel like good copywriting would help them out if their website looks bad for 1999 standards. Good copywriting on a good looking website would be best in my opinion.

What do you guys recommend?

Should I also learn web design so that I can offer a complete service for people or just specialize in one? I don't want to get lost in endless learning without doing cycles so any advice would be huge.

Thanks!

4. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,944
    Start with both. It's a great combo.

Most agencies here don't even do copywriting. They ask their clients to write their own texts. I offer a big value by also doing the copy. I also think a website with bad copywriting sucks, so it's very important.

Besides, copywriting can always be helpful at any stage in your life.

Mike Kaliska likes this.
  5. Mike Kaliska

Mike Kaliska Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $144
    Thank you for the input! I agree with what you're saying.

Combining them is what I'm hearing from most people (posted this same question in Fox's Facebook group).

I'll go with that route moving forward!

I'm interested to her your take on this since you seem to be doing it. Have you heard of the title, UX Writer? I read about it on Neville Medhora's blog:

https://kopywritingkourse.com/ux-writer/

Not sure if branding myself as a UX Writer is the way to go or something else.