The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Guarantee Yourself A Lifetime of Wealth... 25 Mindsets

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New Article...

You're already wealthy -- you just don't know it!

Incidentally, this was originally in my book but had to be edited out due to the book already being too long.

How to Guarantee Yourself a Lifetime Of Wealth: 25 Mindsets to Protect Your Greatest Asset!

Hope you enjoy!

Also, for those curious on my new blog design, it was done with the Thesis framework -- I had to ditch the crappy theme because I was tired of seeing other people using it ... it was a brand diluter. :smxB:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

clickster

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 22, 2011
Great list, I follow most of them but never heard of muscle confusion, gotta look into that :coffee:

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great list, I follow most of them but never heard of muscle confusion, gotta look into that

It is the foundation of P90X and why that program works so well.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Amen.

Being healthy is alot easier then people think. Just quit eating fast food, drink only water and go to the gym 2 times a week. WOW SO HARD!

Of course this is just the dumb downed version for lazy people.

Anybid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 13, 2009
Switzerland
Terrific article MJ!

I would say health is THE most important of the three F's. But we tend to forget that and only really get reminded of it, when we actually loose our health. Of course we all know that our modern lifestyle is not really beneficial to our health. That's why it's imperative to make these healthy mindsets a daily habit (just like sleeping or eating).

There is not too much to add to this list. One thing that is important for me personally is simply to be active in NATURE. Not only do you get the most important ingredient for a good workout: fresh air, but you also get inspired by the beauty of the great outdoors (and it's all for free!!!).

P.S.: From seeing you on the youtube videos, MJ it is easy to realize that you are walking your talk in this area as well: with your body you could easily pass as a fitness-guru too...;)

368race

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 5, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
It is the foundation of P90X and why that program works so well.

Great point, people often underestimate just how efficient the human body is and the role muscle memory plays in trying to minimize the benefits of working out, the body will do anything to resist overload. Change is a must if you want to see progress.

With regards to P90X I think it's also so popular b/c it fits in well with the fastlane life; when balancing a 9-5, the family, and then working your fastlane concept in the wee hours, often working out and sleeping get neglected which as you point out will only compound negatively. The option to work out from home (or anywhere) with little eqpt is a great advantage to fitting it into your daily routine.

John C.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 5, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I totally agree that exercise is boring. But about seven years ago, I found a way to beat the boredom. Each morning I get on my exercise bike with a book in my hand. By reading business, self-help, leadership, marketing, the reading holds my interest and the exercise is done automatically. One half hour each morning and I generally read a book a week. Greatest habit I ever developed.

Hokoleskwa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
May 25, 2011
Denver
This is a great post, because it really resonates with my life now. A couple years ago, I felt like I was right where I wanted to be in every aspect of life except for fitness. I was about 50 pounds overweight and so I decided to focus as much as I could on getting fit. However, I really didn't break through until I started viewing fitness, as MJ has said about making money, as a process and not an event. My mindset shifted from "I have to do something drastic for a few months to get fit" to "I have to make gradual lifestyle changes so I can get fit and stay fit."

Getting fit was actually what led me to pursue the fastlane. I saw the kind of results I could achieve when I applied a laser-like focus, and realized that what I had previously considered to be professional and financial success was far below what I'm really capable of.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.