The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get more followers on Instagram in 2020

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

MrRobot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 10, 2020
Switzerland
I know I could just type the question into google and get a ton of guides, "buy my program and make millions" types of results but maybe you guys have some better ideas (and hopefully not want to sell any mastermind training for me).

So my wife is a nail designer, and she wants to have more followers on her Instagram account. She currently has around 200 followers. What steps would be needed for her to get to something like 10K followers in 2-3 Months? I would be ready to pay for example for ad money or something like that. Are there any ad or other solutions for this ? It is absolutely important that whatever solution I chose, she needs that account, and we would not like to risk a ban on Instagram.

So based on some research and posts in this forum I guess the following methods are safe and work in 2020:
- Regularly (daily) posting unique pictures
- Using at least 30 hashtags
- Asking questions when posting pics
- Being active in general by posting genuine comments (no bots) and engaging on other pics of other users in your niche
- As long as your number of followers is low (like below 10K) it's better to ask for endorsement from "influencers" with 1-2K followers in your niche.
- Correct picture formatting
- Any kind of automating (follow unfollow method for example) only works for a certain time (until some kind of check algorithm is updated)

Thanks for all your ideas so far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I would suggest best practices are:

A combination of regularly posting several times a day or at least once a day at the optimum time of day. Use good pics formatted correctly and ask a question to try to get interaction. Good use of hashtags. Liking and commenting on relevant pics of other accounts and following them.

You used to be able to automate through software but I don’t know if it still works. There are some other threads on the subject here is you search.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
In my opinion Instagram has gotten so much harder lately and its gonna be hard to get to 10k in that time frame unless you pay for followers, which is meh as they for the most part wont engage and defollow in time.

Razor Cut hit the steps, its a grind but if the content is awesome it will rise. Also paying or making a trade with smaller influencers of 1k+ can pay off to build a nice foundation, I've done it many times. In fact, Ive had total bust 50k - 100k ones and some between 1 - 3k who ran laps around the bigger ones as they are so excited and will push more and communicate much better.

My feeds are small, but like it that way as deal with local communities of people who I cull my HR pool from and its easy to see engagement. One of my new favorite things it to launch a one post feed and can get 100+ followers within a few days as have my own little circular Instagram feed economy, my goal is to get to 1k+ followers with one post and use that skill to help others get a fast start with engaged people.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Post good content that people like, pretty simple :D

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Definitely the feedback about posting, it shouldn’t be hard in Nail Designing to get great photos and videos.

Commenting regularly (multiple times a day) on other accounts posts that compliment your wives. Fashion, hair dressers etc in your local market, it’s a good way for consumers to notice the account and get interested, and if there’s regular content posted with interesting photos and videos on the account, people will want to know more.

Don’t comment generic things like “great photo!” As users see past that now, they expect it’s a bot running the page and won’t pay attention. Apply some thought and consideration to the comment. Kind, complimentary, even a bit humorous if possible, helps engage people.

MrRobot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 10, 2020
Switzerland
Hey thanks all for your valuable inputs so far. As I see currently there are no shortcuts if you want to have "real" followers. I will continue to add your ideas to the post on the top so if someone else sees the topic he can instantly see what might work.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
IG is really hard nowadays. They throttled the reach like mad. In the past, each post has an exposure time of a few weeks, then it got reduced to days, then 48 hrs, then 24, now it seems that the post dies after 4 - 6 hours. This means that your followers won't see the post after that time frame and you won't see any more likes after that time frame, whereas likes and comments used to stream in over a period of days.

I heard that those automation tools like Jarvee are not working well nowadays, accounts using those get blocked by IG easily.

I would try TikTok though. Way better reach and your wife can do content like showing the process of doing a nail design. This will definitely get traction.

Or you can get your wife doing the nail design process thing on IG Reels. It's not available in all countries but the reach on Reels is higher than Stories or Posts, because IG is pushing that feature to try to beat TikTok at its own game.....

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
IG is really hard nowadays. They throttled the reach like mad. In the past, each post has an exposure time of a few weeks, then it got reduced to days, then 48 hrs, then 24, now it seems that the post dies after 4 - 6 hours. This means that your followers won't see the post after that time frame and you won't see any more likes after that time frame, whereas likes and comments used to stream in over a period of days.

I heard that those automation tools like Jarvee are not working well nowadays, accounts using those get blocked by IG easily.

I would try TikTok though. Way better reach and your wife can do content like showing the process of doing a nail design. This will definitely get traction.

Or you can get your wife doing the nail design process thing on IG Reels. It's not available in all countries but the reach on Reels is higher than Stories or Posts, because IG is pushing that feature to try to beat TikTok at its own game.....

Thanks man for the time info on posts. Was wondering why have been waking up to a drastic reduction in engagement in the mornings versus past when was really busy from posts made from day before.

newzzy2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2019
MrRobot, I would also try to use cooperation with some other Instagram accounts and channels, and promote each other. It's pretty reliable and effective method of promotion. Or simply you can buy extra followers, there are plenty of websites all over the web, which can offer that. Here is an article I could find few days ago, with basic advantages of buying Instagram followers and how much you should spend on them. They have pretty nice pricing policy for those followers in Instagram.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.