The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find a good cofounder ?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
If you’ve got a business buddy who has a shit ton of experience or skill or something you need, then partner up. They either have connections, skills, or money. If they don’t add anything in those departments in a huge way then you don’t need them as a partner.

If they only have skills to offer then make them an employee.

That guy you had is a dummy might not even be worth making an employee much less a partner.

You don’t need a cofounder if there’s no one you can think of who would add a lot to your business.

Don’t you want to be the top dog, the head honcho, the big boss, and not have some other dude to butt heads with and F*ck up your vision? I am glad I have no cofounder. I partner with people and they bring something to the table that I need, and I give them what they need.

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
I'm a software engineer, and I've been working on my startup idea for a few months. I came across a friendly guy with much enthusiasm but not very skillful and decided to take him as a co-founder. I agreed with him that we will work together on my project, but I'll pay him for the first few months to judge him and if everything goes well, I'll take him officially as a cofounder.
The guy is very enthusiastic about my idea and is really eager to work, but he is kind of slow, his code stinks I gave him tutorials I bought online, articles, etc to make him improve, but he seems to evolve at an extremely slow pace and implementing a single feature takes him so much time.
I thought I'll coach him, but I'm starting to give up on him.
Before working with him, I worked with a friend as a co-founder. This friend was skillful, but wasn't very interested in the project and didn't even give a F*ck about how it was going, no update, nothing just to find out that he decided to work on different projects without even telling me. So I cut ties with him.

It seems so difficult to find a co-founder, I'm obviously working on my project as much as I can on my own, but The idea will need investment and a lot of work having someone I can rely on will be very helpful.
Can someone please share some tips on how to get a co-founder please?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
If you’ve got a business buddy who has a shit ton of experience or skill or something you need, then partner up. They either have connections, skills, or money. If they don’t add anything in those departments in a huge way then you don’t need them as a partner.

If they only have skills to offer then make them an employee.

That guy you had is a dummy might not even be worth making an employee much less a partner.

You don’t need a cofounder if there’s no one you can think of who would add a lot to your business.

Don’t you want to be the top dog, the head honcho, the big boss, and not have some other dude to butt heads with and F*ck up your vision? I am glad I have no cofounder. I partner with people and they bring something to the table that I need, and I give them what they need.
Thanks for your reply. But what if I don't yet have enough money to hire someone full-time but I need someone with dedication to help out against some equity ? I really want to have it all and I'll do my best for that but having someone on the team is needed at times.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.