The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Earn $4,500/hr Return on Your Time, for 4 Seconds

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
An interesting article that sheds light on how much we valuate our time, or don't valuate it.

Since I tend to put TIME as my most valued asset, sometimes this means I will clip a coupon because the time value for a few short seconds is "fastlane". Yup, I admit it!

How to Earn A $4,500/Hour Return On Your Time…

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Anybid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 13, 2009
Switzerland
Thanks for the article, MJ!

As good old Ben said: "A penny saved is a penny earned." (and perhaps the guy on the 100 USD bill should know best;)).

To "earn" and to "spend" is basically the same thing, just from a different point of view: when you earn money, you receive money in exchange for something and when you spend money, the other person receives money in exchange for something.

So I guess the trick is, to find a good balance between earning and spending (in order to make money "flow").

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
It's funny when you see the "coupon mentality" that you talk about in other things. Here in the UK, British papers will often criticise sports stars when they're injured and don't get much game time. Say XYZ soccer only played ten games this year because of injury- the papers will divide their weekly pay by onfield minutes. "XYZ star earned £400,000 a minute!"
I loved reading how you described the process/event way at looking at things in your book. Unlike your coupon example the newspapers are forgetting the process to rehab and get back on the field at an elite standard. Your process here is 4 seconds. The coupon mentality's process is much more invested for little gains as you say. On the counterside the process for an injured athlete can be massive but is overlooked by many.
It's crazy how many "norms" in society have this backward!

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
You don't earn $4,500/hour !?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.