The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to create/pitch a business relationship?

350z

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Aug 8, 2015
NYC
Allow me to divulge a little bit.

I have recently piqued interest in a widget and it's market. Now the general lifecycle of said widget is to be bought, used, then left idle.

Very similar to how a book is bought, read through once, then left to collect dust on a bookshelf.

To kill that last step (collecting dust), the library was invented. This way, once you finish reading a book, you give it back allowing other people to use it.

Though in said widget's market, there is no such thing as a library - which is what I'm trying to pitch, bringing a 'rental system' to the market. The biggest concern/hurdle for me is sourcing these widgets in the first place. I have concluded my options as follows:

- Put a big down-payment of these widgets myself.

or

- Create a relationship with a supplier(s) to allow me to rent the widgets out first and pay them back in the future.

Now, the feasibility of the latter might be a little skewed, but that is the general gist of the alternative that seems more beneficial than the former. Which ultimately leads to my question:

How do I effectively create pitch a promising/symbiotic relationship with suppliers effectively and safely?

Effectively to the point where my idea is met with the same level of interest or more and possibly leaving the room with a handshake.

Safely to the the point where I am deemed valuable enough to prevent from getting cut after pitching the idea.

A real-life analogy/example would be, imagine there is a bookstore that just sells books. In this world there is no concept of a library, so you are the first person to think of the idea of creating a place that has books for rental purposes. Instead of buying all the books at once - you think about going to the existing bookstore first and use their stock of books to rent out, effectively creating a Netflix for books, commonly known as a library.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.