The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to create a monthly subscription website?

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
I have an idea for a monthly subscription service. I just need to know how to create one. Is there any theme/plugins that can get the job done or is there a freelancer anyone recommends?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
If you use wordpress theres plenty of kit to get you started.

I'm a freelance web designer if you need to PM me.

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
your on one right now. Soak up the info!

Zac Headrick

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 30, 2014
St. Paul, MN / San Diego, CA
I have an idea for a monthly subscription service. I just need to know how to create one. Is there any theme/plugins that can get the job done or is there a freelancer anyone recommends?
I run a couple of different online subscription based businesses.

What are you trying to sell? Based on that, there are different options.

SELLING PRODUCTS:

WooCommerce is great if you want to sell products, but doesn't have the best integrations with payment providers.

SELLING INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE:

Wishlist Member is awesome and easy to use
Memberpress is also really good option

---

I would recommend launching the business or service using a lean model where you have already validated the demand and have a list of customers willing to pay/buy the subscriptions or even have pre-ordered it.

If this is the case, you can invest some money into one of the plugins above and avoid the free options which aren't going to have as many features and potentially handcuff you down the road.

---

Payments:

STRIPE: Hands down the best and easiest payment provider I have worked with. Highly recommend them.

The only issue is that you have to have

GUMROAD: Another great option, I don't believe you need an SSL encryption for these guys but you may.

Obviously some other good ones are:

Paypal
1ShoppingCart
InfusionSoft
and many others but those are the ones that stand out.

---

Your success to ANY subscription based business is determined before you launch. Make SURE you have your prelaunch strategy air tight and you have a list of customers begging you to pay for your service, product, information before you invest anytime in building it.

When I launched my business I had a couple people actually getting mad at me because I teased them with some good free giveaways and then it took me a couple months to build out the solution for them. I thought that was a good thing :)

-Zac

Zac Headrick

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 30, 2014
I have an idea for a monthly subscription service.

Tread carefully here....an "idea" is not a business.

I highly recommend before you get yourself distracted with tools and building website (procrastination of validation) that you go directly to the market and find ways to build a list of customers that want to pay you for this before you worry about anything else.

You don't have to take this advice, but it has cost me thousands of dollars and wasted many months if not years by thinking that I knew my "IDEA" was going to work.

-Zac

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
Tread carefully here....an "idea" is not a business.

I highly recommend before you get yourself distracted with tools and building website (procrastination of validation) that you go directly to the market and find ways to build a list of customers that want to pay you for this before you worry about anything else.

You don't have to take this advice, but it has cost me thousands of dollars and wasted many months if not years by thinking that I knew my "IDEA" was going to work.

-Zac

+100

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
I have validated the market by talking to people in the niche, posting on forum, talking to certain business owners for this niche. And right now I just want to take action and figure out things as I go

glenm

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Apr 12, 2011
Ohio
I have validated the market by talking to people in the niche, posting on forum, talking to certain business owners for this niche. And right now I just want to take action and figure out things as I go

My best advice is to you at this point is to think of a way to get people to give you money for your idea. I cant tell you how many people I talked to about my subscription business and I thought I had it validated and even had some subscribers but in reality I was still far from a real validation. Lots of people handing you their money is validation, Nothing else

Zac Headrick

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 30, 2014

I love that you want to take action and just get started. Unfortunately I will caution you that getting started by "building" the software is just a form of really avoiding the tough question: Will Anyone Pay for This?

If you really want to get started find out a way to get 1 payment for the software.

This will teach you how to make your sales pitch, the value proposition, how to price your product, and the funnel to closing a sale.

If you want to setup an HTML landing page first to make it feel more legit, grab one off of ThemeForest for $9 and throw it up on a domain.

If you wanted to get started, setup a paypal and start asking people to pay you.

Just my advice.

-Zac

Zac Headrick

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 30, 2014
My best advice is to you at this point is to think of a way to get people to give you money for your idea. I cant tell you how many people I talked to about my subscription business and I thought I had it validated and even had some subscribers but in reality I was still far from a real validation. Lots of people handing you their money is validation, Nothing else
YES!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.