The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to become a more well rounded Facebook 'expert'

Marketing, social media, advertising

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Why not focus on what works? You've had some great success with the organic stuff...

You said you built a few pages for yourself....

Create your own "agency", and list the results from your previous pages as "clients" (thanks for @Johnny boy for the idea). See if people would like to replicate those results...

There must be some pretty by businesses that would pay top $$ for the results you can get...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How do I get better at this sort of thing?
Believe in yourself. Go through your post and count how many times you put yourself down.

Check out this thread (all the way through... I posted from three different viewpoints in that thread):

As an example of what you wrote:

When it comes to solutions I usually don't have much to offer as it's not something I've done (unless it is about organic marketing). Especially as I learnt from doing and not being taught!
... as if learning from doing is worse than being taught!!

You effectively said:
  • I’ve had great results, but I’ve learned from doing not by being taught.
whereas you could say:
  • I’ve had great results, and I’ve learned from doing not by being taught.

Well done. You got results, *and* you learn from doing, not following other people’s blueprints. That’s exactly the sort of person I’d want to hire, regardless of what the problem is. A self-starting problem solver.

You’re in your own way. When you untangle yourself you’ll be flying.

D

Deleted74396

Believe in yourself. Go through your post and count how many times you put yourself down.

Check out this thread (all the way through... I posted from three different viewpoints in that thread):

As an example of what you wrote:

... as if learning from doing is worse than being taught!!

You effectively said:
  • I’ve had great results, but I’ve learned from doing not by being taught.
whereas you could say:
  • I’ve had great results, and I’ve learned from doing not by being taught.

Well done. You learned from doing, and you got results. That’s the sort of person I’d want to hire, regardless of what the problem is. A self-starting problem solver.

You’re in your own way. When you untangle yourself you’ll be flying.

Love the ending of that post as a Yorkshire-woman! I'm working my way through some of your other posts too, reading multiple times, I like how you write.

I've had lots of my self confidence beaten out of me this year, in my mind it's like "well sure you have achievements, but right now you have nothing but these horrible feelings". Every time I've tried to attack (some of) the sources of my discontent and things haven't worked out has just brought me to the point where I can't even sleep because the voices in my head are having discussions and trying to figure things out. What's not so good is that those voices include depression, anxiety, etc.

Despite mental health, I actually managed to maintain a positive mindset when I didn't have the stress of finding work in the past so I know I'll get there again.

Ironically the project I desire working on is all about positivity, so I spend at least an hour a day looking at positive stuff! It makes me feel better to make others feel better, and add a little positivity to the life of someone else. That's what has kept me going to this point

D

Deleted74396

I've grown and monetised Facebook pages and groups for myself for a few years. If someone is having a general FB problem I can usually help out or give them the workaround, or I can tell them what they're doing wrong.

The problem is I've only ever worked on my own pages (publishing, entertainment, similar categories) so I don't have great methods for lots of businesses. I've only ever used organic methods which aren't popular on Facebook either. When it comes to solutions I usually don't have much to offer as it's not something I've done (unless it is about organic marketing). Especially as I learnt from doing and not being taught!

How do I get better at this sort of thing? I thought about offering to do free work for a few different types of businesses and just being honest like 'I've only ever grown my own pages but I'm happy to give yours a go and see how I do' but I'm not sure if that's an effective way to learn or just a way to get very stressed and potentially make a fool of myself if it doesn't work out with their niches.

I already know Facebook inside and out, bar the ad pages I know less about, and my organic marketing provides good results for me, so I feel like if I understand the approach for more businesses then learn more about paid ads I'll be more equipped to help people in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
I've grown and monetised Facebook pages and groups for myself for a few years. If someone is having a general FB problem I can usually help out or give them the workaround, or I can tell them what they're doing wrong.

The problem is I've only ever worked on my own pages (publishing, entertainment, similar categories) so I don't have great methods for lots of businesses. I've only ever used organic methods which aren't popular on Facebook either. When it comes to solutions I usually don't have much to offer as it's not something I've done (unless it is about organic marketing). Especially as I learnt from doing and not being taught!

How do I get better at this sort of thing? I thought about offering to do free work for a few different types of businesses and just being honest like 'I've only ever grown my own pages but I'm happy to give yours a go and see how I do' but I'm not sure if that's an effective way to learn or just a way to get very stressed and potentially make a fool of myself if it doesn't work out with their niches.

I already know Facebook inside and out, bar the ad pages I know less about, and my organic marketing provides good results for me, so I feel like if I understand the approach for more businesses then learn more about paid ads I'll be more equipped to help people in the future.
Im curious how the like algorithm works. I've promoted a few posts and I'll get a bunch of likes but no real visits to my page. I was told there are "Like Farms" that are all bots and simply like a page. I am curious how to target more legit people.

As far as monetizing, its only with videos, right? Is there a way to monetize a picture only page?

D

Deleted74396

Im curious how the like algorithm works. I've promoted a few posts and I'll get a bunch of likes but no real visits to my page. I was told there are "Like Farms" that are all bots and simply like a page. I am curious how to target more legit people.

As far as monetizing, its only with videos, right? Is there a way to monetize a picture only page?

I only use organic methods so can't speak for post boosting! Focus on finding content that your audience engage with the most, and post more stuff like that.

You can monetise a photo only page by getting sponsorships, or directing traffic to your own site/product/service :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.