The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How my Bro missed out on A FASTLANE opportunity

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
Close to ten years ago, My brother and a very close friend of his embarked on an entrepreneurial journey together, they both started a B2B company in the I.T/software niche. They struggled for two years plus without any real progress. Then my brother got a Oil company Job offer, in which the salary he was going to earn made any progress the business had acquired look like peanuts. My Bro took the Job. His friend who was just a bit older than Him (3-5 years, I guess) continued with the company and stayed with it through those lean years.

Fast forward ten years later, My brother still earns a decent amount from the oil company, He has a blessed family, and his happy with his life. He called me last night, when he went to see his friend for a late night drink, Mehn Only if he had stayed with the company. not only has his friend succeeded in expanding and scaling the company up, but he now has the time and freedom to do what he wants, while my brother has to battle with online professional exams and corporate bureaucracy, his friend his planning his next trip with son and wife to...only God knows where this time. He possesses the latest cars and most importantly he has freedom.

And it was my brother's idea.

Now My bro is back in the Entrepreneurship biz, he has a company which is doing quite fine and could have a massive impact in E-learning in Nigeria, he hasn't quit his job, not with responsibilities of family, but he is well on his way to becoming a successful entrepreneur. I bet he asks himself, what if? what if I stayed? only God knows, maybe he won't have met his wife, life is strange. I respect both of them so much and I'm glad for the lessons their lives have to offer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kingsta

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Dec 6, 2014
Well if it was your brother's idea and he has proof of this, he's entitled to some of the profit unless he signed a contract stating otherwise.

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
Here are five things i have learnt from this friend of my brother, I worked with his staff on a project recently and learnt a lot:

• He was hardly at the office, but the few times he came around, he was like a lion, you just knew he was around, Everyone immediately was in shape for work, so i guess he knew how to effectively manage people.
  • When he came by, you could literally predict his routine, it never changed while I was there, every Monday morning he was first into the office, he would scribble something down probably to use for his 9:00am Meeting. He had a process/routine way of doing things and nothing broke his routine.
  • He always made time for his family, anytime they came by.It was almost like the happiest time of his life especially seeing his little boy.
  • He has supernatural powers. Just kidding, but he could tell when one was lying or trying to scam him. First time i got to his office, we were talking about my adventures on boat rides to fish-farmers, he asked me if i could swim, I said yes boldly, he replied "no you can't". How did he know?
  • He never joked about his accounting, he always wanted to know the numbers, where the company was loosing money and making money.
That's it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
Well if it was your brother's idea and he has proof of this, he's entitled to some of the profit unless he signed a contract stating otherwise.
I always wondered but never asked. I think the company was virtually non-existent at that point, and both of them where just really hustling on different opportunities along with the venture. I remember my bro creating so many websites for schools and companies back then just to make ends meet, it was a difficult time for both. I really don't know the conditions at which they left things, when he got the Job.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.