The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How My Biggest Failure Saved My Life And Business

Anything related to matters of the mind

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I talk a lot of success but truth be told, I've failed. A lot.

And one time hurt more than the rest.

Savings ran out, money ran dry and I ended up taking on jobs in industries I hate with people I couldn't stand.

I've lied to family and friends and told them things were bad, when in fact they were pushing me to the brink.

And during these dark times, I came to realise one thing.

Success comes not what we do for ourselves, but through the value we provide others.

Not through how many letters you have after your name or certificates on your wall.

With no money to spare, splashing the cash wasn't an option

But I had me and I had a computer.

And I had valuable knowledge in my head.

So I sat down (still feeling utterly crap about myself) and starting typing.

I answered questions in forums.

I joined business networking sites and engaged with people as people and shone a light on how they could add more value in their business.

To begin with, it was pretty much crickets.

But then people started taking notice as they saw what I said made a real difference.

I stopped having to work doing what I didn't enjoy and instead got to help the kind of people I adored... and get paid for it in the process.

And want to know something really cool? When I was 15 I wrote a list of 25 people I wanted to work with. Big, stupid names that even at the time I thought was ridiculous.

Now in 2017, I've got just 5 left to cross off the list... and you know why it's been so easy? Because I've not approached one of them without knowing I can add value.

It's felt WRONG to not approach them and help them out.

If you're struggling to get where you want to be right now with your business, ponder on this:

Are you in this for you or your audience?

Because if it's not them, you're likely to find yourself lead down a bitter and twisted path to failure. Believe me, I've been there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
What a great way to start the morning off. This post is just what I needed. Thank you!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
What a great way to start the morning off. This post is just what I needed. Thank you!

Well you just made my afternoon with that comment. Thank you @becks22. Hope you have a fab day!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.