The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much traction is enough to pursue an idea?

Idea threads

SIcmart

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 17, 2012
SoCal
Hello everyone,

I haven't visited the forum for a while, but I'm back now!

In an effort to decide what type of e-commerce site to pursue, I created a landing page with a simple email opt-in for a product I'd like to sell. I also created a Facebook ad which looks to the landing page. Simple. However, I'm not sure if my results are determinant.

Here are some statistics:

So far I am on day 3 out 7.

Ad Reach: 3,346
Clicks: 61
Unique Views on Landing Page: 87 (I'm not sure if there is a discrepancy, I assumed this number should match the number of clicks)
Emails: 21

Initially, I think these results are good. They yield a decent CTR and a good "conversion" (apologies if this is not the precise term since a sale isn't actually being made). However, I'm not sure if this is enough information.

My plan is to wait until the campaign is finished and send an email to those who signed up asking a couple of questions including how much they would be willing to pay for said product and what other variations of the product they would be interested in. I think I'm a little apprehensive because the product is not that easy to manufacture, but this higher-barrier to entry is partially why I chose it as a candidate.

Would love to hear input. Any help is greatly appreciated.

JB

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted2BB3x9

What is your cost per email?

Aim for under 2$ an email.

I am currently paying 2.07$ per email running a campaign for my product so you can use that to compare.

SIcmart

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 17, 2012
SoCal
What is your cost per email?

Aim for under 2$ an email.

I am currently paying 2.07$ per email running a campaign for my product so you can use that to compare.

Ah, I guess I should relay my costs!

I limited my spending to $10 daily limit.
CPC is $0.38
Total Spent so far is $23.42

So if take the $23.42 / 21 emails = $1.16

That seems pretty good to me! I'll keep monitoring!

D

Deleted2BB3x9

Ah, I guess I should relay my costs!

I limited my spending to $10 daily limit.
CPC is $0.38
Total Spent so far is $23.42

So if take the $23.42 / 21 emails = $1.16

That seems pretty good to me! I'll keep monitoring!

That's really good. I've heard of people getting their costs below 0.50$ before.
If you'd like to optimize more, I'd suggest split testing a new FB ad. Your landing page seems to be converting well but FB ads could be better.
I'm getting a 2.5% CTR on my FB ad. Haven't really optimized it... But it's definitely possible to get a 3%+ CTR.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SIcmart

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 17, 2012
SoCal
Figured I would post an update...

Day 6 of 7:

Ad Reach: 9,639
Clicks: 178
Unique Views on Landing Page: 208 (again, I'm not sure why the discrepancy between FB clicks and quickMVP reporting)
Emails: 49
Total Spend: $53.10
CPC: $0.30
CPE (Cost per Email): $1.08

These results seems positive, but I will post again when I begin to get survey information back from the email I send out this weekend.

For some of you who have already launched, at what point did you think that the results were good enough to warrant finding a good manufacturer/supplier?

Thanks!

JB

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!