The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Much Time Do I Need To Put In?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Boychamp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 13, 2019
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
With no context of what you're trying to do, it's impossible to say nor is there really a "minimum time" anyone will ever be able to tell you anyway.

But I would say this. If you put in less time per day, it'll take longer. Let's say, for argument sake, something takes 1000 hours to do. So, either 100 days @ 10 hrs/day or 200 days @ 5hrs/day. Neither one is wrong or right in my opinion.

I would really say that you should set a time amount, like you said, and stick to it. And after that, allow yourself to do the other things you enjoy. If you throw all your time into "making it" you're much more likely to burn out, backslide, and not continue. Versus putting in your time, consistently, and taking action, and still enjoying your life - much healthier and sustainable. My 2 cents. Referring to what I said above; if you're able to stick with it consistently putting in the 5 hours for 200 days, you're a lot better off than putting the 10 hrs in for 50 days and then becoming burnt out and not finishing.

Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
As much time as humanly possible while maintaining your health so you dont burn out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

TryHardTriad

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 2, 2018
Think Boychamp nailed it. If you get your daily goals nailed then a reward doing whatever you like is very healthy. My best ideas come when I’m relaxing and it gives you time to recharge. Good luck finding your balance

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
I know what you're thinking... "He'll never make it asking that question".
I don't blame you. I would think the same thing... but.

I'm asking because I'm at a crossroads where the time I'm putting into the hustle could take time away from my personal life (girlfriend mostly).

I start to feel guilty about spending time with my girlfriend or with my friends because I feel like I could be spending that time working/improving.

Is there a time I can set every day as a minimum so that I can feel free to enjoy my personal time after clocking in the time?
How much time is needed of me to put in every day to actually have a chance of making it? Because trust me, I'll put in the time needed!

The Fastlane Mindset
talks about freedom. I want the fulfillment of working and accomplishing goals as well as reaping the rewards of that labor.

Thank you very much for your input.
Fastlane is freedom because you can do whatever you want whenever you want it. You’re not dependent on a single other human for shelter, food, or basic survival needs.

Fastlaners enjoy the fulfillment of working just as much. Its just the the psychology is one of being a natural producer rather than consumer.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
Compartmentalization! which comes from knowing what you value most, meditating, and having the discipline to do one thing at a time.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 11, 2018
I'd recommend time blocking. When you are working, you are working, and you don't feel guilty about not spending time with your people. When you are with them, you don't feel guilty about not working. It works very well, give it a try. Start small, and increase gradually until you find the sweet spot.

BennyK124

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 11, 2019
I know what you're thinking... "He'll never make it asking that question".
I don't blame you. I would think the same thing... but.

I'm asking because I'm at a crossroads where the time I'm putting into the hustle could take time away from my personal life (girlfriend mostly).

I start to feel guilty about spending time with my girlfriend or with my friends because I feel like I could be spending that time working/improving.

Is there a time I can set every day as a minimum so that I can feel free to enjoy my personal time after clocking in the time?
How much time is needed of me to put in every day to actually have a chance of making it? Because trust me, I'll put in the time needed!

The Fastlane Mindset
talks about freedom. I want the fulfillment of working and accomplishing goals as well as reaping the rewards of that labor.

Thank you very much for your input.

BennyK124

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 11, 2019
if you're able to stick with it consistently putting in the 5 hours for 200 days, you're a lot better off than putting the 10 hrs in for 50 days and then becoming burnt out and finishing.

Great points made! Thank you for your reply. Actually really helps a lot. Appreciate it!

BennyK124

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 11, 2019
How did you get into meditation? I have always struggled with it

I used Headspace. It really taught me how to analyze my thoughts, keep calm and step away from my ego.
They have a free 10-day trial with guided meditation. Check it out.

scott wisniewsk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Aug 23, 2007
wisconsin
We all need a balance in life . Too much of anything as you know , will have negative effects. Sometimes when things are really clicking its hard to stop , and you feel guilty quitting for the day .Find your balance what makes you feel normal and know your on the right path to freedom.

BennyK124

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 11, 2019
Think Boychamp nailed it. If you get your daily goals nailed then a reward doing whatever you like is very healthy. My best ideas come when I’m relaxing and it gives you time to recharge. Good luck finding your balance
I agree. Thank you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.