• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

How much of an ENTREPRENEUR are you?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Analyzer, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Analyzer

Analyzer Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $180
    Just found this, interesting stuff

I ended up with Serial Entrepreneur

Btw, not sure if this is the right section to post this, sorry if you have to move it.

dino23 likes this.
  2. Redshft

Redshft Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $59
    I question some of those choices. For example, if my employees like me and enjoy working for me, they will work hard, but I believe there were two choices that went as follows:

I want my employees to work hard for me
    or
    I want my employees to like working for me

Also, if I care about the feelings of my employees, then I also care about their rights.

3. ErikV10

ErikV10 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $62
    YOU MAY BE A SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR

Serial entrepreneurs love the idea of starting businesses, but are not so enthralled with the concept that a specific business holds them captivated. Serial entrepreneurs tend to see opportunities and take the chances. Their vision is more of what may be there and how can they enhance what they are doing. They look at vertical and horizontal integration and often create other businesses which can support their existing business. They may be seen to take risks, but they feel that they are calculated risks in that they have proven one concept and it is "intuitively obvious" that the concepts which follow will complement each other. They often become very successful as do the macroentrepreneurs, but they tend not to change the world but make theirs better.

Serial entrepreneurs prove concepts rather then create them. They see and recognize opportunities, they don't create them. They take calculated risks and they are very successful, often as successful as our macroentrepreneurs.

Examples of Serial Entrepreneurs may be Jeff Bezos and Steve Jobs.

4. Sid23

Sid23 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $122
    I think the questions were way too subjective (could be interpreted many different ways resulting in different answers) to give an accurate reading of potential entrepreneurial proficiency.

5. WheelsRCool

WheelsRCool Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    I agree with this, however I don't think this test is fair for a couple of reasons, one being they make a distinction between macroentrepreneurs and serial entrepreneurs. Who says one cannot be both? For example, look at Richard Branson. He started Virgin Records, Virgin Airlines, Virgin Mobile, all giant companies, as well as many other much smaller ones. He's both a serial entrepreneur and a macroentrepreneur.

Secondly, the test asked too many questions where I wanted to answer both, for example it asked about if the business is amongst the most important things in your life, or do you have many objectives outside the business? Again, for me it is both, for example (and call me crazy), but I intend to become a skilled artist, skilled computer programmer, and skilled at some other stuff like robotics, but I also intend to build multiple, big businesses. I want to also become a big philanthropist, and resort developer.

So technically while my business ideas are a bigp ortion of my life right now, I have many things outside them.

And then a question that REALLY bugged me was the, "I see myself as a practical person" or "I see myself as a creative person." Well AGAIN, I see myself as both, I think I am a creative person and I have dreams so grande that I intend to do everything just short of fly to the Moon but I also am practical.

That macro-definition describes me pretty well though with regards to drive, I could never manage someone else's business.

6. Peter2

Peter2 Fastane Legend. RIP.

Rep Bank:
    $10,732
    The test told me that I was a serial entrepreneur, and described me as perfect as anyone ever could. :)

7. WheelsRCool

WheelsRCool Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    By that test, is a serial entrepreneur someone who starts multiple smaller businesses...?

The test described me perfectly too IMO with regards to the macro thing, just I intend to start multiple businesses as well :)

8. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $366,438
    Admin Post
    Got me down as a serial entrepreneur and I couldn't agree more. The thrill for me is in creation and watching your baby grow. Once they hit those teen years and it requires heavy-handed, active management, its no more fun. Time to go make more babies!:smxB:

9. dino23

dino23 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $39
    i came back as serial entrepreneur. it describes me:iagree:

10. S928

S928 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $108
    Count another serial entrepreneur in the making!

11. randallg99

randallg99 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $164
    >>>Examples of Serial Entrepreneurs may be Jeff Bezos and Steve Jobs.<<<

wow! ... now, only if I had 50 million shares of Apple....

12. EasyMoney_in_NC

EasyMoney_in_NC Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $61
    Well, it seems I am a Micro E. So it looks like I fit right in to my posted issue at hand :)

13. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $29,293
    "YOU MAY BE A ENTREPRENEUR
    Entrepreneurs have a great deal of their self-perception bound up in their businesses or positions, but they are not as consumed by entrepreneurial drive. They will be interested in profits and growth. The key is that entrepreneurs will have a high standard of success, but as soon as they achieve the level they require, they will shift focus outside the business. They will seem to be pursuing profit and growth, but that pursuit will fall short of the single mindedness of the macroentrepreneur. Entrepreneurs will be innovative, but they are more likely to pursue enhancements to established products, services and procedures, rather than seek totally new approaches. Enhancements are safer and less likely to disrupt the steady climb to perceived success which is so important to entrepreneurs. No two entrepreneurs are the same, but they all have one thing in common: their dreams. Theirs are dreams of recognition and advancement, dreams of wealth and admiration.

Entrepreneurs are the those who create and grow their businesses into success, but they tend to be those businesses for which there is a market. They do not create markets, nor necessarily expand their market, but rather become a force within the one in which they find themselves. They have the confidence that they "know their concept will work". It is not a risk when you have the confidence and knowledge. Knowledge and self-confidence are the hallmarks of successful entrepreneurs.

Many entrepreneurs may create and/or purchase franchises. The element of risk is much lower in that environment, but many feel that the aspect of "having your own business" is the same. Many franchisees or receivers of distributorships have the ability to look at their businesses as their own with what they perceive as "help getting started". Many of these businesses are also very successful for both parties.

Examples may be those wealthy business people in your own home towns and communities who are still working in their business and enjoying the "perceived accolades of others."
    "

14. tylerblue

tylerblue New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $38

That's a good sign!

15. malonade

malonade New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $50
    I fall into the same exact boat!

16. australianinvestor

australianinvestor Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $115
    Am I the only macro? It says I'm like Ted Turner and Bill Gates. I build it and then take it public. :)

Daniel.

17. yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,708
    Yup- another serial here. So true. ...Today I was out running errands for my budding business and I thought, "Everytime I do something that should be leveraged to someone else, I am cheating myself and my partner out of creating a solution- a solution which would probably make us grow faster."

I love getting everything clicked into place...and moving on!

18. mm2003

mm2003 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $44
    Serial here

19. Jorge

Jorge Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $227
    Same here, so true!

20. Ausable

Ausable New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $35
    You scored a total of 29 points
    YOU MAY BE A MACRO-ENTREPRENEUR

21. howard_two

howard_two Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52
    I tried to take this test but somehow it disappeared....:nonod: The link doesn't work anymore and there is only one website offering the test for 20 bucks...

BTW, was it an online test or a paper one? And can anyone help me find a copy of the test?

Thanks.

22. fanocks2003

fanocks2003 Banned

Rep Bank:
    $15
    Starting new companies is fun:). I would say Richard Branson is THE main serial entrepreneur out there today. He has over 200 registered companies. He is my main role model in business. My mentor if you will.

23. howard_two

howard_two Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52
    fanocks2003, Do you know where to find the test by any chance?

24. howard_two

howard_two Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.