The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How long do you spend trying to make sales before you bin it?

DamienRoche

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Sep 3, 2009
I'm in a position where I can spend a good 30 or so hours a week using my programming skills to build anything I want. It's difficult to decide on any one thing. My aim is to make publishing a priority, whether that's websites, applications, books, blog posts -- just start building value and refine as I go along.

However, because it is quite difficult to not be overwhelmed by the amount of opportunity, I'm going to put a limit on the amount of time I spend validating, building and marketing an idea before either continuing to improve it, branch off, or drop it all together in favour of a fresh idea.

Current plan is to only work on an idea for 4 weeks. If I can't build it and be making potential customers within that time, then it isn't small enough of a project. Has anyone approached their ventures in this shotgun-like manner and experienced the good/bad? Should I be spending more time executing ideas and is 4 weeks completely unrealistic?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.