• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

NOTABLE! How I made $4,000 in 3 months By Executing HARD

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by ChaseFade, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,231
    It's not a bad idea, but I think you should think bigger.

First of all, clips are intense. There is a lot that goes into a very short time span. That means there is grade A equipment and expertise behind creating them. If you can compete on that level, why not go for the big fish?

Think of a trailer for a movie. Pretty fast, and you don't want to blink because you might miss something. Every second is engineered to have impact.

One of the markets I would direct my attention to, if I could produce something on that level, would be the people that have to have a market edge, and that have money to spend on it. Car dealers, for one. Something more than an ad or clip that could run in their repair shop waiting room, would be a great example. There are usually people there every day waiting for repairs. That could branch out into a sales aid for their sales people. They are making an offer, sitting in a conference room. While the sales guy leaves, he puts on this 4 minute trailer explaining the options they have for an extended warranty, or whatever. The point is, they get a 4 minute dose of whatever the dealer wants them to know. The sales guy comes back and it's an add on to the purchase. That could be extremely profitable for them. But they need someone to make a polished presentation for them.

Any place they are selling something expensive could be a good customer for you. How about hotels? Switch to their "in house" channel and get a tour of everything the hotel has to offer. Of course I'm talking high end hotels here and/or resorts.

How about high end restaurants that have a waiting area for people to wait during their busy times? Show the chef cooking a steak over their flaming grill and seasoning it to perfection. Show a fancy drink being prepared by the bartender. Sell the SIZZLE, not the steak, as an old saying once said.

The list is endless. But this gives you an idea for projects a lot meatier than a clip, but not nearly as extensive as a movie; the "easy" in between market.

Video is exciting. To do something respectable is expensive. Go for that market and you can do well.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    SWSSMSS, ClaverCasley and ChaseFade like this.
  2. ChaseFade

ChaseFade Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,301
    Great advice! Thank you. I actually just stumbled on that video about a month ago! Really great.

I am definitely niching down here soon. Have a few more weddings coming up and have been taking any work I get in any niche but my niche is definitely music videos, concert recaps and weddings. Real estate is also nice and easy but not alot of demand here in Seattle since homes sell in a day with or without a video. A significant amount of my total income has come from music videos! I have recently partnered with two other videographers and we are solely focused on making the best music videos in order to get bigger clients with bigger budgets. First 1k video budget is in a few weeks! Also shot a free recap for a very big artist (and one of my favorites btw) and his manager loved the video and wants me to come and film his concert when hes in Seattle on tour next week! Hes also on tour with my favorite artists ever so to say I'm excited is an understatement.

Just tallied up my video income from the first 6 months and the gross is $10,000! Most went back into the business for equipment but im very happy and am on pace to exceed 20k for the year. Not a bad start. Way more than I made making music for 4 years combined.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. cv_guimara

cv_guimara New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $77
    Awesome!

Looking foward to hearing about your progress.

ChaseFade likes this.
  4. Kaesaru

Kaesaru New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $11
    Such a great true, sir.

Love this post, great story, very inspiring.

ChaseFade likes this.
  5. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,138
    Any tips for starting out?

Just buy a camera and network?

ChaseFade likes this.
  6. NicholasCato

NicholasCato Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $153
    Wow! What an excellent example of selling shovels to gold miners!

You seem to have a great pace going for you. I’m also an artist looking to maximize my arts earning potential this thread has been an excellent read.

Good luck to you, and I look forward to following your journey :)

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.