• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Notable! How I Made $11032 In 2 Months With Less Than 1.30 Hour Of Daily Work

Discussion in 'Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping' started by Damian Pros, Feb 8, 2016.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Damian Pros

Damian Pros Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,389
    It's booming.

september earnings dareandconquer fiverr.png

2. Damian Pros

Damian Pros Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,389
    I gave a quick look at your thread. Most of your observations are solid, but you are overly negative and some of the things you said are incorrect. Like (2) and (3).

1) Things like timezones would apply to any business. You could simply not promise 24 hour delivery. Miscommunication with buyers could also happen in any business. You either choose to help them or tell them to go to hell.

2) If you deliver on time, and then a buyer requests a revision 2 and a half days afterwards, the timer shows you are "late" but this is just a bug and doesn't count as late delivery. Only your initial delivery matters.

3) I have cancelled 500+ orders. My rankings haven't dropped at all. They get better every day. And so do my sales. Only when the cancellation isn't mutual and initiated by the buyer, it affects your rankings negtively.

4) What you said about leaving feedback for the buyer is true. Sellers are disadvantaged in this area. You learn to hone your persuasion and customer service skills to deal with this, and you turn a disadvantage into gold. I admit it takes a hell of a lot of patience.

5) Fiverrs takes 20% because they provide the platform, do the marketing and a hell lot of other staff that you would have to do if you were on your own. It's not the best case scenario, but a fair exchange.

With all that said, nothing is perfect. You just have to find what suits you the most.

Wish you all the best buddy!

3. Nicoknowsbest

Nicoknowsbest "Next time, there will be no next time" - Eminem Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,019
    Congratulations, it is booming indeed :)

Thanks! I admit to being negative towards the platform, but all I say is based on my actual experience.

Yes. But time is money. If you meet a local business owner and metaphorically take him by the hand and walk him through whatever you do, he will feel safe when it comes to investing in you. On Fiverr, every "unnecessary" word annoys buyers. At least, this is my experience, overall. Of course you have the other extreme too - buyers who want to tell you where to put full-stops etc. Both is challenging when you deliver logos in the range of $ 5-20 and invest one hour messaging back and forth with your buyer.

About promising 24 hour delivery - I had to add that, since I had a lot of buyers contact me if it cannot be delivered earlier.

It's just hard to imagine that a platform this big has such a crucial bug for so long.

How do opened disputes on the buyer's side affect your rankings?

Agreed.

Well, this is a matter of personal taste. Yes, they provide a great platform, but 20% is too much for the pitfalls in my view.

On a side note: have you ever considered moving away from Fiverr? Are you serving clients outside of Fiverr? If not, why?

Andy Black likes this.
  4. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative Demigod Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,164
    @Damian Pros would like to know the answer to this as well

Nicoknowsbest likes this.
  5. Frankie Relax

Frankie Relax Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $177
    You say: "You should have at least 2 of everything"
    MJ says: "Monogamy is better than polygamy"

It's fun to see how opinions of successful entrepreneurs - sometimes - can differ so much from each other...

6. Nicoknowsbest

Nicoknowsbest "Next time, there will be no next time" - Eminem Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,019
    You have to be careful though whose opinions you compare and in what context.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  7. GuestUser241z

GuestUser241z Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    Damn good bruh..you're a genius..

8. VentureVoyager

VentureVoyager Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $504
    Fantastic post. Made me realize I'm too soft with the people I work with. Also, that's likely a biz I would start if I had to come up with plan B. Reps transfered

9. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,537
    Great posts!!

10. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $230,186
    Admin Post
    Apples and oranges.

I wonder if the OP would like to provide an update to this thread?

11. HugoMoreno

HugoMoreno Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,185
    Lack of delegation was the reason I had to close one of my online stores
    I tried doing everything myself and burned out :(