The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I Made $11032 In 2 Months With Less Than 1.30 Hour Of Daily Work

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
1. Yes. You don't play with the law.

2. Can't answer that. What does it matter anyway? It all depends on your lifestyle.

3. It took me about 5 months to make money online. I invested lots of time, yet didn't count how much as I enjoyed the process.

Most of it was invested towards my site as well as reading books, listening to podcasts etc. When I had the knowledge, the money came easily.

See friend, you should let go of that fear.
All struggle is self-imposed.

After I've understood this concept, I was liberated. There is no such freedom, anywhere in the world. As soon as you see that an outcome can only be bad if you make it so, you have no more fear. Whatever happens, it's just as dandy as anything else that may have happened.

To try and explain further: We are mammals. We have automatic responses to certain stimuli. That's because we were built, in our primal bodies, with a tendency to survive. That is why things like pain, fear, hunger, thirst, love, etc. exist. To keep us going, and also keep us from going.

The point is, things are so much more comfortable for most of us today. We've no need for all those things, yet they remain. Not that we needed them back then, either. They simply were there already.
Now, since they remain, we still have tendencies, desires, etc. So, when letting the fear go, someone who tends towards making money, will still tend towards it. The thing is, he won't be waking up at night in cold sweat, every time he's reminded his success is not guaranteed. While that's mostly the worst-case scenario, but stagnated progress, anxiety, etc are still very present in general.

By now, you must be thinking: Yeah, yeah, we get your point, GTFO!

Put in common terms, freeing yourself from fear can result in being clueless one day, and having 2 employed freelancers working for you a week later, with the number ever-growing.

CAN YOU SEE NOW, JUST HOW MUCH FEAR IS SLOWING YOU DOWN? That's my point, friend. Fear is costing you big time, and in this example solely, it cost you more than 4 months!

This truth is difficult to swallow, though. It's not easy to let the fear go, since you have let life-long beliefs go with it, as well. It is by far well worth it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Made my first Fiverr ad today. Made a quick video (I am also able to practice my spoken English which is a bonus. I always wanted to work on that!)
Will update in this thread.

And yeah, after i posted here i went to your website and read a blog post. And thanks for the email, we can exchange stuff :)

Congrats for getting started!

Keep my posted on your progress and let me know if I can help!

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Awesome hustle, bro. You are wise beyond your years.

I use Fiverr as well. The first time, the designer was German. Horrible communication skills, but for $5...I thought what was the worst that can happen. She screwed up my directions so bad. My 2nd guy was Indian. Did everything well, delivered super early. I came back to him for the 3rd time too.

After you built a solid reputation, did you start raising your prices? I assume you have a bit of repeating customers too?

I may not understand this since I'm based in the USA where wages are usually higher, but for a low paying job of $5-10...how much would you offer the person doing the actual job? I ask since it must be attractive since you get flooded with replies.

1) You can increase your prices when your reputation grows, but the gig you sell is an important determining factor regarding how high your price can go.

For instance, if you design logos, you could pretty much charge $50 for a gig extra named "The Ultimate Logo Creation" where you create a truly awesome logo instead of a simple one you would design for $5.

With a couple of extras like this, you could take an order to $100+

If you do translations, I cannot come up with a way you could charge $50 for a translation unless someone needs to translates lots of work.

2) In the ad I posted, I didn't mention how much money I give. This is arranged afterwards, when I meet someone in person. But I pay them far more than they would make working anywhere else. Greece has lower wages than the US so it might be harder to outsource there, but you could find teenagers/college guys willing to work part-time and make an extra $1000-$2000. That's pretty good money, even for the US.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Congrats for getting started!

Keep my posted on your progress and let me know if I can help!

Made 5 gigs now. No sales except few of my friends who i convinced to buy so that I will get some initial sales.
Will update once i make my first sale.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
See friend, you should let go of that fear.

Put in common terms, freeing yourself from fear can result in being clueless one day, and having 2 employed freelancers working for you a week later, with the number ever-growing.

CAN YOU SEE NOW, JUST HOW MUCH FEAR IS SLOWING YOU DOWN? That's my point, friend. Fear is costing you big time, and in this example solely, it cost you more than 4 months!

This truth is difficult to swallow, though. It's not easy to let the fear go, since you have let life-long beliefs go with it, as well. It is by far well worth it!

Indeed, it's worth it.

These months were not wasted at all though. They are a necessary part of the learning process. You can't start now and be rich the next month. As MJ says, there is a process behind each event.

Bill Gates spent 10 years without nobody knowing who he was, before Microsoft became successful. Was that a waste of time too?

I think the answer is obvious.

As for the point you make about fear, it's solid - yet I would add that it's not only fear that holds people back, but ignorance as well.

You can't take advantage of an opportunity if you never know it exists.

That's why it's important to read. Reading opens your mind to new possibilities. MJ's book certainly opened my mind.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Made 5 gigs now. No sales except few of my friends who i convinced to buy so that I will get some initial sales.
Will update once i make my first sale.

Be careful with that.

Manipulating the ratings is prohibited and if Fiverr realizes it, you will have some serious trouble.

Other than that, good job on uploading 5 gigs. Make sure that your images/videos/descriptions look professional.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Be careful with that.

Manipulating the ratings is prohibited and if Fiverr realizes it, you will have some serious trouble.

Other than that, good job on uploading 5 gigs. Make sure that your images/videos/descriptions look professional.

I am also getting scared of that. I have not made a single sale yet, just two enquiries as yet. Lets see.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
I am also getting scared of that. I have not made a single sale yet, just two enquiries as yet. Lets see.

Be a little patient. If you want, send me an e-mail and I will let you know if there is anything wrong.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Be a little patient. If you want, send me an e-mail and I will let you know if there is anything wrong.

Thanks bro. I just sent you my fiverr profile link through the Contact Message Box in your website. The email id is webdesigns2008(at)(gmail)com.
Tell me if you receive it.

Yeah, i have to be a bit patient.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
i can relate to outsourcing from people older than you.a year ago when i was 17 i worked on an app with a friend and we looked for a designer. simple facebook post in designers group generated 12 emails that day!i was nervous, but after responding to few people i started feeling more confident- and eventually meetup with a 32 years old very talented designer and a good person, he didn't gave a F*ck about our ages as we focused on our work.
anyway very inspiring post bro and i was really searching for management books,that was just on time :), rep transferred.

nas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 25, 2016
Great job and most certainly this is a punch to the stomach to anyone, Greek or not, complaining about job opportunities.

Given the brutal taxes in Greece, what have you done to ensure the government doesn't hold 50+% of your earnings?

Started a company outside Greece or even gotten yourself a bank account in another country?

Got a Greek relative of mine who is searching around and tax professionals or lawyers seem to be clueless about it.

If you were to advise your best friend on how to avoid that joke of tax system, what would you say to him?

Keep kicking a$$ man ;)

Given that this is my field of expertise, I would advice your greek relative to register a company (preferably an LLC) in neighbouring Bulgaria.

The tax on profits there is only 10% and it's flat - it doesn't matter if your company netted 1 $ or 100 000 000 $ - you still pay 10%.

Both countries are EU members so there aren't any legal, business, logistic restrictions between them or whatsoever..

Many people from Northern Greece are doing this for years now, most of them for their offline businesses, so if your relative's business is online I believe that it would be even easier.

I hope that helps.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Did not make any sale even now. Its been around two weeks. I think i need some help :(

Boozoon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 4, 2015
Did not make any sale even now. Its been around two weeks. I think i need some help :(

What is your niche? Copy paste it here if you feel brave.

Check list:
  • did you make your pics SEO friendly? If you are into instagram marketing, is your picture named "instagram-marketing.jpg"?
  • do you wait for sales to come or are you sending offers to buyers?
  • if you are sending offers to buyers, copy paste the last offer you send
  • if you are not sending offers to buyers, why don't you? under promise and overdeliver
  • check the best people in your niche and copy/paste their titles and their descriptions separately, in a doc. Paste them in worditout.com and see what words are being used most of the times. Try to write your headlines and description in the same manner that your competition does but DON'T copy and paste.
Just a few things to get you rolling.

JacobBW

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
Great post. Thanks for sharing.

I loved the point about having two of everything. There are areas of my business that have immediate use for that.

Agreed - one of the guests on Tim Ferriss' podcast was a highly decorated Navy SEAL - they had a saying which was:
"Two is One; and One is None"
ie. if you rely on just one of anything and it fails - you're screwed. Always have a backup.

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
Interesting read. I use to do something similar, I flipped fiverr gigs on Instagram for 600% profit on average, acted as a middle man and also collected the profits. Good on you for kicking a$$ on Fiverr.

Your goals are pretty similar to mine, be making a semi passive income. I turned off Fiverr because I realised how much I lack what you have (the strong mind, the will to improve / change) - I am 2-3 years younger then you, so I tell myself a lot that I need a few more life experiences to gain general confidence (like going solo travelling later this year etc) - I took the route of not only leaving school early, but skipping college. I decided to go to Art school, which got boring. So for the past 6 months I have been at home, in a very similar position as you (getting a monthly handout from the parents) - I pay 0 rent, I get $400.00 a month given to me, to spend on whatever - Not a single expense under the sun and I mostly live alone in a very nice home. But I still lack drive and desire to achieve.

I keep blaming it on being so young and (needing to just experience life first) - hmmm, I'm curious, what ultimately motivates you? I understand for many in their late 20s + it's the house, trips with the family, enjoying finer things in life. - But to enjoy this at a young age, it's hard because our brains are honestly just still trying to explore life, learn a bit about life and experience things in life. - I am still trying to find the ultimate motivation.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016

Check list:
  • did you make your pics SEO friendly? If you are into instagram marketing, is your picture named "instagram-marketing.jpg"?
  • if you are not sending offers to buyers, why don't you? under promise and overdeliver
  • check the best people in your niche and copy/paste their titles and their descriptions separately, in a doc. Paste them in worditout.com and see what words are being used most of the times. Try to write your headlines and description in the same manner that your competition does but DON'T copy and paste.

My niche is WordPress web designing. I can also do a lot of photoshop work, but i just made one listing for that. I can make pictures like this in an hour

sELPE6K.jpg

As for your questions -
I did this. I think its SEO friendly, but i have to optimize it. Trying to learn that.
I did not sent offers yet. Thanks, i will start this from today.
Did not.
I just did not do it. It did not occur to me as yet, i am going to do it.
Thanks. I will update soon.
I also saw a huge demand for logo designing. I can do photoshop, if i work on illustrator i can do that.

Adam

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Well. Still on the Fiverr pursuit.
I made 15 dollars as yet in the last month.
Kinda frustrated but still trying to push it.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
i can relate to outsourcing from people older than you.a year ago when i was 17 i worked on an app with a friend and we looked for a designer. simple facebook post in designers group generated 12 emails that day!i was nervous, but after responding to few people i started feeling more confident- and eventually meetup with a 32 years old very talented designer and a good person, he didn't gave a F*ck about our ages as we focused on our work.
anyway very inspiring post bro and i was really searching for management books,that was just on time :), rep transferred.

Jack Welch's book "Winning" is another great read with many insights on management.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Given that this is my field of expertise, I would advice your greek relative to register a company (preferably an LLC) in neighbouring Bulgaria.

The tax on profits there is only 10% and it's flat - it doesn't matter if your company netted 1 $ or 100 000 000 $ - you still pay 10%.

Both countries are EU members so there aren't any legal, business, logistic restrictions between them or whatsoever..

Many people from Northern Greece are doing this for years now, most of them for their offline businesses, so if your relative's business is online I believe that it would be even easier.

I hope that helps.

Are you a lawyer or something?

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016

Check list:

Solid tips, especially #1 AND #5!

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Well. Still on the Fiverr pursuit.
I made 15 dollars as yet in the last month.
Kinda frustrated but still trying to push it.

At least, you are making some progress. That's better than nothing. Congrats!

Keep pushing and you are going to make it in the end.

My tips:

1) If you are not making as much money as you want right now focus on (a) improving your skillset so you can (b) provide more VALUE to your customers.

2) Supply and demand.

3) Offer higher quality at the same price as others do or offer the same quality at a much lower price => $$$

You will still have to focus on (1) first, to do that.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Damian. Its good that you replied right now.
I made $168 in Fiverr in past 1 week. It was amazing, two orders are to be delivered tomorrow which will make the money.

And then this happened - MY ACCOUNT GOT SUSPENDED.

This happened an hour earlier. I emailed and inquired with them. My email was -
2mo1i4m.jpg

and this is what I got as response -
e17yvl.jpg

What do you think of the reply? That is the worst customer support reply I have ever seen. They did not even mention what happened.
What i suspect is that my customer (Who is a 50 year old lady definitely not savvy) sent me a MailCheat(Chimp) form code which contained some html, php code .etc though the messages today morning. That could have invoked a hack warning, maybe.

Or maybe its something else. I dunno, how will i learn from my mistakes if they dont tell what mistake i made?

But i think its all learning experience. If i have an ip ban maybe i cannot make a new account.
My action plan is -
  1. Complete the two pending jobs and deliver it without Fiverr. I know their emails because I have access to their website. Get paid via PayPal (Fiverr wont get their cut also). I hope they complies.
  2. Make my business website. I am doing graphic and website design and I am pretty good at it (Made my own websites and logo for over a year). Start pushing orders there.
  3. Get a new Fiver account and start from scratch again. I know how to get 10 orders well now, I have the process.
What else can i do?
Tell me what you think.

Boozoon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 4, 2015
Fiverr is a mixed bag when it comes to customer support. Some guys are awesome and really want to help and others seem like bots. Created from Fiverr sellers.

Did you got any red warnings as you were messaging your clients?

For example "e-mail" always gets flagged with a warning. Fiverr is pretty stubborn on that. I would suggest to be careful what words you use. Make sure to change them so as not to get a red message.

Examples:
  • pay -> pa y
  • e-mail -> mail
  • money -> mone y
etc.

Here is something I did when customers asked me for my e-mail - I send it via a doc or pdf file.

That way you add an extra layer of protection. Fiverr's algorhythm might be looking for texts where people share e-mails via pm's but with the doc/pdf they will have to manually download it and search through it.

Congrats on your success by the way! $168 in one week is more than what bloggers make after their 1+ year of blogging.

Finally, internalize the following: people don't give a shit about you. Don't go saying "get my account back. that's all i can say". LOL. You are one dude in the millions. You are replaceable.

Cheers ;)

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Fiverr is a mixed bag when it comes to customer support. Some guys are awesome and really want to help and others seem like bots. Created from Fiverr sellers.

Did you got any red warnings as you were messaging your clients?

For example "e-mail" always gets flagged with a warning. Fiverr is pretty stubborn on that. I would suggest to be careful what words you use. Make sure to change them so as not to get a red message.

Examples:
  • pay -> pa y
  • e-mail -> mail
  • money -> mone y
etc.

Here is something I did when customers asked me for my e-mail - I send it via a doc or pdf file.

That way you add an extra layer of protection. Fiverr's algorhythm might be looking for texts where people share e-mails via pm's but with the doc/pdf they will have to manually download it and search through it.

Congrats on your success by the way! $168 in one week is more than what bloggers make after their 1+ year of blogging.

Finally, internalize the following: people don't give a shit about you. Don't go saying "get my account back. that's all i can say". LOL. You are one dude in the millions. You are replaceable.

Cheers ;)

Thanks for this pointer. I used to get red message because I used words like email and pay, I should have changed them! I thought Fiverr will verify before taking action and find that I am not going against terms of service. But you are right, i will change words next time.

I made around $168 in 1 week, but it took me 3 weeks to get my first $20. Its still awesome. I got big orders that have a LOT OF WORK though, its complete web designing work. I worked over 20 hours for one order haha, but thats because I am not proficient in CSS and I had to learn a LOT. Which is good.

People don't give a shit about me is so true. I did not think much when I wrote that. There is no point asking for anything based on humanity, its all about giving value or in this case maybe I should have written a logical reply and not an emotional one. I dunno haha.

I will keep you guys updated.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany

I hope that helps.

hey nas,

I'm from Germany. As long as Germany is also EU, do you know if it's possible for germans in bulgaria as well?

Thanks in advance! And great advice of you! Thank you :)

Kai

nas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 25, 2016
hey nas,

I'm from Germany. As long as Germany is also EU, do you know if it's possible for germans in bulgaria as well?

Kai

Yes, it's absolutely possible. As a matter of fact german companies are in the top 3 foreign investors in the country.

You can always PM me if you need more info.

All the best !

stephan_mssgng

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Apr 14, 2016
Germany
hey nas,

Kai

Hey Kai,

Another fellow German here... If you have a company registered in Germany, there are a few nice tricks. If you construct everything in a smart way, you can end up paying an effective tax of 2.8% on the profits of your company (your personal income will still have to be taxed at the normal rate, but you can control how much income your company pays you, so you are also in control of how much tax you pay). Check this out, watch it to the end, there is a book recommendation.

Happy earnings ;)

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
Hey Kai,

Another fellow German here... If you have a company registered in Germany, there are a few nice tricks. If you construct everything in a smart way, you can end up paying an effective tax of 2.8% on the profits of your company (your personal income will still have to be taxed at the normal rate, but you can control how much income your company pays you, so you are also in control of how much tax you pay). Check this out, watch it to the end, there is a book recommendation.

Happy earnings ;)

Hi Stephan,

thank you for your recommendation! :)

I'll keep it in english for the other users... So:

Are you activiley doing what is mentioned in the video? I mean the big companys were and are doing it for a few, maybe, decades now..
Is it considered as a tax-cheat?

Thank you so much :)

Another topic: many germans are joining here the past weeks, in my perception. How did you get to TFF? (Maybe a topic for a pm...)

See you soon! :)

stephan_mssgng

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Apr 14, 2016
Germany
I'll move this to a PM since its a bit off topic. But if anyone whats to find out more about this, feel free to contact me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.