• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How I created my 6-fig business and work less than 3 hours a week (Step by Step Tutorial)

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Stevie Drive, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Stevie Drive

Stevie Drive Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,018
  2. MAB1138

MAB1138 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $32
    Of course I have. I assume you use them to create a persona for each niche?

Care to share one so we can see some of your success?

3. focusedlife

focusedlife Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $669
    He did share one...the one you tried to put him on blast for.

Why folks tryin' to hate on him so hard?

4. MAB1138

MAB1138 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $32
    I don't think people are trying to hate on him. We just want some proof!

He said he's published hundreds of kindle e-books on Amazon, but only offers dubious landing page text that's appeared in many different places on the web.

He's offered some good advice in a general sense, as has been noted, but there obviously some skepticism about much of the details...

5. oliverk

oliverk New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    I think you need to read both of MJ's books. Because not once did you mention the word 'value' in your post, you're just giving generic advice that could lead a lot of people astray tbh (no offense).

hayden0001 likes this.
  6. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,426
    I am late to the party, it seems....

I know right!

Even if OP were screwing us up, some of the tips here are legit.

Take for example his pointer on aiming for the 'books that other people buy' instead of the Number 1 Amazon.

When I was in action-faking mode, I looked for business books AND then look for 'books that other people bought'.

For example, if I looked at Kiyosaki's RDPD on Amazon, and I saw that someone bought TMF or 4 hour work week along with it, I might think, 'Oh,book X compliments this book Y.'

That is like people buying a drink after ordering a plate of fried noodles in my country. :smile2:

On the freelancer hiring issue, it is true that while it is cost efficient and has good labour education standards.

It is also true that you cannot expect Southeast Asian freelancers to write 100% of an instructional book. I know because I am from Southeast Asia! :rofl:

However, given that we are 'aiming' for the 'books that other people buy' section, I suppose that the information in the book should be supplementary to the main meat that the more highly marketed books offer.

The content should be valuable, but it doesn't need to be top-of-the-world.

On context, if the books is to be about how to do good copywriting, the book can be based on a real-life experience in Upwork. It may not need to be based on a huge career in a Gary Halbert-sized ads company.

I understand your concerns.

For some who aren't really into ebooks or any writing gigs, this can seem generic.

However, for someone who feels something's empty in their choice of strategies, this thread can give some ideas.

At the end of the day, people do have to make their own decisions, try out any advice here and see what works.

As IceCreamKid used to say, ' There are many ways to dress your mistress.'

And don't worry about value. You will know whether something is valuable to you or not based on your own tastes and situations.

For example, crypto might not be that valuable to me because I am not looking to excel there. That is fine with me, my choice.

But if I want to do product creation, then threads on invention matter to me.

And there's real life execution to prove whether they work out.

I don't do ebooks but I do write on Quora, which operates on similar mechanisms with Amazon authors who vie for audiences.

7. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,426
    And one more thing on using Upwork freelancers to provide the bulk of writing.....

Ask what prior experiences they have.

If you are writing an electronics book, freelancers who have prior experiences (and have some documentation to prove it upon request) CAN be asked to help.

I was one of those freelancers.

I got my first Upwork interview for a gig to do training manuals on Microsoft Word. I mentioned that I used to train kids in youth camps, so I knew how to draft basic manuals for that.

Boom! Got it.

A trick I learned from Quora- cite your sources if you are pulling info from Google or a book.

Most Quorans who are well-known grab statistics and case studies and cite them. That gives good Quora ranking AND validation that the person is an organised expert.

MJ DeMarco himself also cites many cases in UNSCRIPTED.

If you have freelancers trawling the web for info to be put in an ebook, citations can help you trace back the info and ensure it is legit.

Mind you, not every good nugget of info is found on the front pages!

I have found good stuff not only on blogs, but in Scribd, slideshare and GoodReads. Sky is the limit.

Don't like to use 100% freelancers? No problem. Just use them for editing and proofreading. But do examine the content thoroughly before you launch the book. Now that can't be outsourced.:rofl:

focusedlife likes this.