The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"How he did it" news story about British Entrepreneur

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
They did a 30 min doc on this guy (the series did a whole bunch of millionaires). This guy shows: if you love the grind enough, you will get rich.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
I love these British entrepreneurs. Multi millionaires that succeeded without any start-up capital, starting from a medium size market.

Branson, Sugar, Dennis and now this guy.

Last edited:

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Branson, Sugar, Dennis and now this guy.

Duncan Bannatyne is one of my oft-quoted ones, he was born working-class and his father once said to him, "Duncan, people like us don't start businesses". That one resonates with me, a mindset.

This book is an easy read and probably a good one early on in an entrepreneur's journey;

http://www.amazon.com/Anyone-Can-Do-My-Story-ebook/dp/B002U3CCE2/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1400838193&sr=1-1&keywords=duncan bannatyne

@jazb - do you remember the name/channel of that series please? I only watch TV if it's been recommended to me but this sounds worth trying to find.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
Duncan Bannatyne is one of my oft-quoted ones, he was born working-class and his father once said to him, "Duncan, people like us don't start businesses". That one resonates with me, a mindset.

This book is an easy read and probably a good one early on in an entrepreneur's journey;

http://www.amazon.com/Anyone-Can-Do-My-Story-ebook/dp/B002U3CCE2/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1400838193&sr=1-1&keywords=duncan bannatyne

@jazb - do you remember the name/channel of that series please? I only watch TV online if it's been recommended to me but this sounds worth trying to find.

I love Bannatyne too. Know him from the BBC's Dragon's Den. However he is the only one I can't follow without subtitles. Geez what an accent. LOL.

My favorite on Dragon's Den is Peter Jones. Doesn't come across as coming from a poverty background, but IMO the smartest of the lot.

Love his creativity in proposing deals to the pitchers.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Youtube: How we made our millions, hosted by peter jones. Very very good series

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
However he is the only one I can't follow without subtitles

Right Amschel, your next vacation is to Scotland. You'll hear MUCH more impenetrable accents in the cities - and meet some very friendly people ;-)

(I'm English, they'll welcome you more than me.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
What I'm wondering is this. I can't understand him without subtitles, but I'm native Dutch.

But can YOU hear what he's saying without special measures or not? ;)

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Ah, I have an excellent ear and am very adaptable in this way, so you're asking the wrong person.

Bannatyne's accent is not too extreme and easily understood by most of the UK population I'd guess (given that British TV these days does feature regional accents) - could be wrong.

Like anywhere, probably, there are some areas of the large cities that have very difficult accents.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.