The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How does creating entertainment relate to solving needs and problems

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Is entertainment in itself a need? Is it a want? Is this something arbitrary, or are there in fact market needs, that you can find?
How can a movie, a non-fiction book solve a need and how can you position yourself from your competition with something that solves a need in the entertainment area?

What I found is this:
http://kriswrites.com/2016/10/19/business-musings-the-importance-of-fiction/

So targeting a specific person and writing something for them that will help them, like improving their mood.
What´s your opinion on this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Everybody tries to help improve their mood. What if you just created entertainment that lets them feel how they want to feel. When I'm sad I don't put happy music on Pandora.

On phone or I'd fo into more detail.

PurpleMonkey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Aug 17, 2016
I remember a school teacher explaining that films are a form of escapism, which I believe can be applied across all entertainment.

You're taken into the world of the entertainment through whichever medium (book, movie, tv) and in whichever genre. You go on a ride with the emotion involved and forget about the real world for a bit. Forget about the 9-5, the things you are procrastinating about or the issues you're unhappy with.

Delivering a good story in a good way provides value.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Entertainment solved more real-world problems to me than real-world solutions, services and products did.

btw, I suggest copying the article there, because this copy on this website is so ugly it literally made my eyes bleed, I couldn't bare to read it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I guess it´s about providing great value to your specific target, by making them feel, what they want to feel. Definitely something to research.

Entertainment solved more real-world problems to me than real-world solutions, services and products did.

btw, I suggest copying the article there, because this copy on this website is so ugly it literally made my eyes bleed, I couldn't bare to read it.

How did entertainment solve real-world problems for you? Do you have examples for that?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.