The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Do You Use Google Display Network For Specific Sites?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Fastlaners,

I'm interested in running an ad through Google Display Network for a specific website in my industry where all my prospects frequent.

My question is, is there a way to create an ad that specifically on this webpage through the display network?

The site runs its CPM ads, however, I've noticed the google ads also in there side bar and ad slots.

I'm unable to run ads directly through their own service as I don't operate an agency big enough for their requirements.

If anyone has experience with the display network on how I can get my stuff into the google slots here, I would love to talk to talk to you about it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Hi Fastlaners,

I'm interested in running an ad through Google Display Network for a specific website in my industry where all my prospects frequent.

My question is, is there a way to create an ad that specifically on this webpage through the display network?

The site runs its CPM ads, however, I've noticed the google ads also in there side bar and ad slots.

I'm unable to run ads directly through their own service as I don't operate an agency big enough for their requirements.

If anyone has experience with the display network on how I can get my stuff into the google slots here, I would love to talk to talk to you about it.

Do you mean you want to run your own ad on a single website? The Google display network can't be targeted like that via AdWords, you can only choose certain industry categories. The search network will get you much more targeted results, but the only way to do what I think you're trying to do is to set something up with the website owner.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I haven't run GDN ads for years. When I did, we could specify domains and even pages where we wanted our ads to run on the GDN. Mind you, I swear the CPCs went up compared to us appearing on that particular site when we didn't specify it explicitly... make of that what you will.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Do you mean you want to run your own ad on a single website? The Google display network can't be targeted like that via AdWords, you can only choose certain industry categories. The search network will get you much more targeted results, but the only way to do what I think you're trying to do is to set something up with the website owner.

So they cannot be targeted anymore by domain name or pages like Andy mentioned above?

I've used the keyword tool to check the stats for the search network. My ideal target is a small geo-region and doesn't provide me much although I will test it out and run a search campaign.

The idea behind the display network is that we have a site like Zillow that everyone uses. Rather than inputting terms like "real estate agent xtown" I am trying to capture leads and visibility from everyone visiting these pages.

There will be a re-targeting campaign on fb and hopefully through gdn to get in front of these potential prospects with testimonials, free guides, ect.

But mainly I'm trying to collect data and market presence.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I haven't run GDN ads for years. When I did, we could specify domains and even pages where we wanted our ads to run on the GDN. Mind you, I swear the CPCs went up compared to us appearing on that particular site when we didn't specify it explicitly... make of that what you will.

Hi Andy, thanks for your input. I've just had a play around with the gdn tool. It shows that I'll be able to reach the website I want but not sure what pages specifically. I can receive 9000 page impressions for a small daily spend targeting my small town/suburb. It seems promising. Time to get some banners and campaigns made!

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Create a "Display Network Only" campaign, and then under "Targeting" choose "Placements". Add the domain name of the website you want to target there.

You can add specific pages as well if you don't want to target the whole site, like shoes.com/casual instead of just shoes.com, or you can combine targeting by adding the placement targeting for the domain, and then also adding keyword targeting, so your ad will only show on pages on the site that contain that keyword.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.