The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you make long car trips productive?

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
I have some heavy solo driving coming up and thought I'd get your thoughts on how to make it productive time. There is certain value in down time and allowing my mind to wander for awhile, and I'd like to make at least some of that time productive. Just about everything I need to do for my business needs computer face time. I could certainly listen to audio books. I usually prefer reading to listening, so if that's your advice, please give me ideas of which books are good in audio form. Any other ideas for making this time productive?

TIA
~SA

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
AUDIO BOOKS

If you haven't listened to MJ narrate the millionaire fastlane , I'd recommend hopping on audible.com and making the $8 purchase.

Also, Grant Cardone is offering a STEAL for 4 of his books. All for $29.95 w/ 10x rule!

1. Sell or Be Sold MP3
  2. Closers Survival Guide MP3
  3. If You’re Not First You’re Last MP3
  4. The 10X Rule MP3
http://www.grantcardone.com/product/4-books-mp3-bundle/

Cheers and happy travels!

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
Definitely not audiobooks. Work on your karaoke.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
I like to use the hands free phone and make some calls. It's great to touch base with past clients, prospects etc. You'd be surprised by how many appreciate the gesture. These calls are not for direct sales - just keeping me in their minds for when they do decide to buy.

I also mentally write to-do lists for the next few days. Specifically, in what order do they need to occur for maximum push. It makes a difference.

...and don't text and drive! (father role, my bad)

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I love talking (hands free of course) while driving. Another I won't leave on a long road trip without is my full collection of Tony Robbins CDs, and I'll download all the episodes of my favourite podcasts (Flynn, Dumas...etc)...and of course (ahem) audio books are also awesome. The Magic of thinking Big audio book is another favourite.

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
I'd recommend listening to professional courses on subjects that you're interested in via Audible and The Great Courses.
This looks interesting - thanks!

If you haven't listened to MJ narrate the millionaire fastlane , I'd recommend hopping on audible.com and making the $8 purchase.

Also, Grant Cardone is offering a STEAL for 4 of his books. All for $29.95 w/ 10x rule!
Thanks for the tip!

Definitely not audiobooks. Work on your karaoke.
Haha, I always do!

I like to use the hands free phone and make some calls. It's great to touch base with past clients, prospects etc. You'd be surprised by how many appreciate the gesture. These calls are not for direct sales - just keeping me in their minds for when they do decide to buy.

I also mentally write to-do lists for the next few days. Specifically, in what order do they need to occur for maximum push. It makes a difference.

...and don't text and drive! (father role, my bad)
These are great ideas! Thanks.

Hahaha yes! :D You can also be the crazy guy that repeats affirmations with emotion. :embarrased:
I did think this would be a great time to work on my EFT and clear some cobwebs. :)

I appreciate everyone's input!

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Along with audio books, there are some great podcasts out there and downloading their content is free. I download several from iTunes regularly. The Entreleadership podcast is excellent. Linchpin, Chris Locurto, Small Business Trends, and more. Almost every talking head has a podcast today...

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
I spend around 4-4.5 hours commuting to work per weekday and from my experience what i find is apart from podcasts, audiobooks are only as interesting as the person reading them. Grant cardone is a great example when he reads out his 10X rule book you can hear the enthusiam through his voice and another great one is the guy (i dont know his name) who reads the robert greene books (48 Laws, Art of Seduction etc.). So whatever you do dont just find the content you want but also a good speaker to go with them otherwise like I have found you will not take an is much.

D

Deleted20833

If you're lacking skills..listen to practical business audios (audiobook, youtube videos, etc)

If you have skills but haven't taken much action...listen to audiobooks based
around philosophy to get you past your irrational fears & self limitations

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
I'm back from my trip - I did look into Uship.com but did not see anything I was willing to extend my trip for - great idea, though. I did get a trial membership to Audible and got two books from the suggestions above, and from MJ's list. Awaken the Giant Within and Made to Stick. My big ah-ha from the first was the associates of negative and positive to change behavior. I found Made to Stick fascinating. It's so long on audio that I haven't quite finished it yet. I will probably buy it again in ebook form. I can only absorb so much by listening. It's really helping me think through business branding and other communications - I highly recommend this book as containing great skills and concepts that can be applied to many things. I also downloaded the audios for 10X and the other books in that package, but did not get to it on the trip.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I don't have an exact process for you, and obviously I'm late.

But maybe for next time you could try consciously taking note of some problems that you need to solve, currently, upcoming,future, personal,business etc.

While driving do something that allows you to zone in in on whatever task it is your doing, e.g. Audiobooks,music or scenery etc.

You might come up with some solutions at the end of the drive or during.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.