The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you integrate collaborators into your (e-com) business?

Overdrive

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 9, 2018
Taiwan
Hi! I'm currently working on executing a fastlane biz idea I had about a month ago. The business is selling a web service in combination with digital contents on a website with global reach (the digital contents are the final product that customers will be able do download).

Both the content creation and the web service will require expertise and fair amount of time expenditure (I'm thinking at the very least 6 months from concept to launch, but that's factoring in doing this as a side-hustle).

So far (one month into the project) I've done all the planning and basic web site conceptualizing myself and have started with content creation (which is my core skill). However, it's clear I cannot start and run this business as a one-man show since I'm lacking skills on several fronts, namely website creation.

So I've started looking for people with skills in web design /programming and branding/ marketing and have already made good connections & friends who are experts in these fields and who have agreed to help me in those areas. I am also seeking out people from my professional network who could help me with content creation because that would help me in many ways (accelerate the completion of content, get a second opinion other than mine, a chance to discuss content, etc).

Now the question is: Should I outsource such work for money (for example the website and programming), which could cost me a lot of cash up front, or involve these friends and collaborators in my business, and if so, how?

I was thinking about a revenue-share arrangement, say 5-10% in future net revenue (maybe for a certain time period after launch), rather than giving equity in the company. But I'm not sure how common this is and what people's real life experiences are with such an arrangement.

Would love to hear input from other Fastlaners. Thanks a lot!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.