The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

how do you have time for everything on 24 hours?

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
How do you guys manage your time? Time for friends, training, cooking, family, girlfriend, job?

Do you spend less time with friends? With your wife/girlfriend etc etc

My day is going like this.

Job 8-4
free 4-6
Soccer practice 6-8:30
Free 8:30-midnight

As you can se i only have some free time between my job and practice and after my practise .

And i feel that little time is to little for me to spend time with friends, with my family, girlfriend etc.

I know that my daily job takes to much time but that is just until sept and after that im planing to start some kind of company.

How does ur day look like?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You prioritize what is important.

Is soccer more important than getting a business up and running to you? Is drinking with friends every single week more important? How about going to bed at 10 so you can be up at 5am and get a few hours of work done before you head to the day job?

Back when I had a day job, my day looked like this:

6am: wake up, get myself and kids ready, breakfast, drop kids off at daycare, catch a bus to work (1.5 hours to work....)
9am: at work, there was no break between 6am and now.
5pm: off work, 1.5 hours home on the bus.
6:30pm: home, dinner, play with kids for 30 minutes before they go to bed, clean up after kids and ourselves, etc...
7:30pm: If I'm lucky I'm free now, exhausted, but free. I can spend some time working on the most important things on the business as there is no time for anything else.
10pm: asleep.

That's 2.5 hours of "me" time per day. Time with the wife, friends, family, sports, etc... had to fit there. I got good business time in on weekends because my wife kicks a$$ and took the lead on watching the kids but I still couldn't spend all day working. Luckily I also had a job where I was able to browse the internet freely, so between work I would also work on the business in what little capacity I could while at work.

The moment my side business started making enough to reasonably quit (not comfortably, but reasonably), I quit. I had ZERO time to properly run anything while employed. The gamble is paying off and I should never require an employer again.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Let's do some math...

Time it took me to earn $50,000 at my job:

1960 hours (3 weeks PTO)

Time it took me to earn $50,000 selling cars:

400 hours

Time saved:1560 hours, or 39 work weeks, or nearly 10 months of working 5 days a week.

How much spare time would you have if you only worked 2 months a year?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Soccer practice 6-8:30

If you asked me, this would look like the most important thing in your life. The #1 priority.

I'm curious if we replaced "Soccer practice" to "video games" would everyone here then take notice? How about replacing it with "Surfing Reddit" or "knitting"? I'm not suggesting that athletics and entertainment are not important. However, how important? Do you want to be the best player in the neighborhood for ego sake? Or are you trying to get picked up by a league and paid millions?

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Dump your job. You will have a lot more time.

I only have this job until sept and by that time i will have saved aprox 30k

So after that i will not take any job at least not full time maybe a few hours a weak just to pay some expenses.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
If you asked me, this would look like the most important thing in your life. The #1 priority.

I'm curious if we replaced "Soccer practice" to "video games" would everyone here then take notice? How about replacing it with "Surfing Reddit" or "knitting"? I'm not suggesting that athletics and entertainment are not important. However, how important? Do you want to be the best player in the neighborhood for ego sake? Or are you trying to get picked up by a league and paid millions?

Feels god that both zen and MJ answered and helped me on this one, many thanks to you guys. I signed the contract before starting to read your book so as soon as the contract ends i will start to spend less time on soccer and instead hit the gym or take a 30 minutes jog 4-5 times a week. Will save me some time.

G

GuestUser113

If you’re not where you are. If you’re not where you want to be. If you don’t have what you want, want to have. If you’re not where you think you should be at this particular place. It has nothing to do with the system, but it has everything to do with the fact that you’re not making the sacrifice.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Start waking up at 5am, you can get so much productive/business stuff done from 5a-8a. Then 1 of those free time slots can go to additional leisurely things you wanted to do.

Sleeping from midnight - 5a is still a lot of sleep to me. Though I sleep from 11p-5a usually. Waking up at 5am has made a major impact and improvement in my life in terms of getting things done and getting plans executed. Try it!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Maybe you start a soccer related business and use the practice time for marketing, networking, etc.??

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I am, but i cant live on it.

Are you on a track that could lead to going pro? Because that changes things. One, it's a lot more money, and two, it kills two birds of the wealth trinity with one stone, so even if it ended up being less money then some fastlanes, if you still achieve freedom, it might be worth it.

Nur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 4, 2014
Damn!

Job+commute 5am-7pm

Home exhausted.

Repeat mon-fri

Since i've ADHD i've yet to start anything still unable to identify a demand/pain/need

No time for sports & friends.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Good god some of you guys and jobs+commutes....no excuses on my end anymore. 1.5 hrs on a bus?! Eeeek!

NoLackey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 1, 2014
You probably have more time than you think you do.

On paper it looks like you have little to no time to dedicate to your business, but it will more likely even out over time. If you have 2 hours one night, but you accomplish your most important task, you're good to go. Maybe the next night the girlfriend is out and you get 4 hours of work time. You have a down day on the weekend and get in 5 hours of work time. You get some time on a road trip to work, you gain a few more unexpected hours.

I've tried for years to map out my work/free time hours on a schedule like you have here, but it has never worked. On paper it seems simple to say you'll work between 9-11pm, but unless you have no other commitments, life will happen and screw it up.

Prioritize your most important tasks for your business and use the time you have until you are able to leave your job or get rid of some of the less important things you're doing that are taking up your time.

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
Good god some of you guys and jobs+commutes....no excuses on my end anymore. 1.5 hrs on a bus?! Eeeek!

I use my time to and from work to listen to audio books, seminars, etc. to learn while I am driving.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Guys saying they're too tired to work on their fastlane when they get home are missing the point. You're not working on it because you're not tired enough.

Nur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 4, 2014
Arnold Schwarzenegger says, "Well, than sleep faster I recommend"

thanks found this

Brace yourselves, this is a big one!

I’ve always figured out that there 24 hours a day. You sleep six hours and have 18 hours left. Now, I know there are some of you out there that say well, wait a minute, I sleep eight hours or nine hours. Well, then, just sleep faster, I would recommend.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

I love this quote by Arnold which comes from a speech he gave at the University of Southern California on May 15th 2009. Not only is Arnold Schwarzenegger a perfect example of a successful person that does not sleep much, the speech also shows that even under great pressure (both for the mind and the body) you can do a shitload of amazing stuff.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I get to Starbucks between 5:15 to 5:30 on average and work til 7 am. Then I head to the office until 5:30. I haven't mastered the art of doing anything in the evening and I'm aiming to be in bed no later than 8:30 and asleep by 9 pm. (I'm about to lock the door and wear earbuds at 9.)

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
My schedule:

4:30 - 6:00: Wake up, meditate, do affirmations/visualizations, read, write and exercise. This is pretty much my 'me time'. This is also when I figure out my goals/tasks for the day.
6:00-8:00: MIT (Most Important Task) time.
8:00-10:00: Shower, wake up kids, get them and myself ready for the day, breakfast.
10:00-12:00: Kid time. We play, do art, do 'school', etc. I'm usually listening to a podcast, checking the forums on my phone or reading during this time when the kids are playing quietly.
12:00-1:00: Lunch and clean up.
1:00-4:00: Errands out of the house, play center time for the kids. If we don't go to the play center, we usually go to the park.
4:00-5:30: Make and eat dinner.
5:30-8:00: Kids are usually playing quietly, so I'm in the office (with doors open so I can hear them) doing work.
8:00-9:00: Kids take their bath, we read, sing a song, and they go to sleep. This usually takes a while, with a lot of crying. They don't like sleeping.
9:00-: Usually at this point, I read, stretch, meditate and do more affirmations. I read until I'm tired enough (about 10, 11) and I go to bed.

This is my current routine, my husband is gone for about 2 more months, so I'm in 'single parent mode' (without having to worry about making ends meet, thankfully). When he's here, he cooks dinner and helps with sleep time, so I have a little more free time then. I'm getting ready to transition to a 4AM wake up time to get a little bit more time in the morning for my MIT as well.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Maybe you start a soccer related business and use the practice time for marketing, networking, etc.??
I am running an soccer agency but ain't going to well. Please read my other thread for more information regarding the agency

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Are you on a track that could lead to going pro? Because that changes things. One, it's a lot more money, and two, it kills two birds of the wealth trinity with one stone, so even if it ended up being less money then some fastlanes, if you still achieve freedom, it might be worth it.

I'm 24 = pretty old in soccer. When i was 15-17 i was in the youth national team so one of 16 best in Sweden. But now maybe I can earn 2 to 4k a month but feel like wasting my time cause getting to earn millions is to late now. Rather put my time on earning those from business. Soccer is the best thing in my life, love it so much.

You get to compete be social, be aggressive, technical and train your body on the same time? Best sport ever. Hitting the gym can't compare

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
30 Sept is last day. Will try to read and learn by doing as much as possible before that. 30 the ship sails, the journey to freedom, what ever that means.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.