The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you find an amazing CPA?

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
I've waited too long. I thought she would get better but her service and overall professionalism is not good.

It's time to fire my current CPA. How do you find an amazing CPA?

I need somebody who is used to working with entrepreneurs, business owners, and wealthy clients.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
After going to a few startup meetups, I built an acquaintance with a Billionaire who loves to mentor people for free. He recommended the accountant he uses, and she's been absolutely phenomenal.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Reach out to your network and ask for a referral.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
Yeah usually I do that. It's been slow trickling in as far as great referrals. That's also what I'm doing here :)

You may be best served asking a different question... which, ironically, is this:

What types of questions should I be asking to verify an accountant is worth doing business with?

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
You may be best served asking a different question... which, ironically, is this:

What types of questions should I be asking to verify an accountant is worth doing business with?

Fair point...but always best to start with a great referral...which is why I posted on here.

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
Attend a local chamber meeting and find out who are the reputable commercial bankers in the room. Explain your situation to them and they will be more than happy to recommend who their business clients have for accountants. As with anything, there is usually a top tier that most of the successful businesses use.

ehman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 6, 2016
When evaluating CPA ask them what the size and scale of clients they work with and what industries they specialize in, before telling them too much of what your business is about.

You would want someone or a firm that is familiar with the type of industry that you are in and the scale at which you operate. Often a generalist wont know all the ins and outs.

Ideally you don't want to be your CPAs smallest client, and generally not their largest either. If you are the smallest then you will be low on their list of priorities and will get poor service. If you are the largest then the CPA might not be able to work with you as you grow your business further.

So you should ask them the size of companies they work with and the industries they specialize in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.