• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

How do you build a bridge?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by thenewguy25, Dec 7, 2007.

1. thenewguy25

thenewguy25 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    I watch The Big Idea on CNBC and they asked a question and I am interested in the answer so I bought it to you all (I know alot of quitters or people that are scared to try so they probably wouldn't be there in the first place). Here is the real question:
    How do you not lose focus when everything seems to be going against you? When things don't work out, or every bank you go to says no. Things of that nature. How do you handle that?
    I have been an internet marketer and mlm'er for a while now and neither of those seem to be as hard as it is to launch a business. It is as if the NO from the bank is a lot harsher than someone hanging up on you or yelling at you on the phone or computer. Is it the fact that you are sitting in front of the banker that makes it so bad? How do you keep confidence in your voice once you are at your third bank of the day?

My answer, I view Business the same way as I view learning to ride a bike. In the beginning you may fall, but each time you fall it makes you want to ride even more. I let the no's empower me. Each time I hear no, it makes me even more excited to keep moving. Each no is like practice for a yes.:cheers:

2. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $43,917
    Every time you hear a "no", you should ask "Why not?"

If it's a bank or customer saying no, there's probably a good reason, and if you can ascertain that reason, you may be able to get them to change their mind, or at least address the concern so that you have a better chance of getting a "yes" from the next bank or customer.

Turn the "no" into a learning experience, and you won't mind the "no" nearly as much...

3. wildambitions

wildambitions Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $156
    For me this is simple. Trust in God.

I am not always privy to the why, but it ALWAYS works out exactly the way that is best meant for me. And more often than not, when I look back to the challenges or to what didn't seem to go right, I can distinctly find the why.

4. nomadjanet

nomadjanet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $182
    Most "Bankers" are following a route plan to decide if you get the loan or not.
    They are not sitting there thinking about you personally or even about your business plan or the reason you are borrowing the money.
    They want to see that your answers fit into the box for the questions their particular institution asks.
    It is their job to loan x amount of money for x amount of risk and to manage the out come. You just need to find out what they want to hear. I have applied for loans and been turned down only to find out it was because they felt I was not asking for enough money. So when you go for that interview, control the conversation after you introduce yourself and make small talk ask "what is your bank looking for in a borrower?". If you get a superficial answer ask for more specifics, you conduct the interview remeber you are the customer not them.
    The turn downs you experience are practice for you to find out what questions you have to answer and what answers they want to hear.

Janet

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.